Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 113

Thread: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

  1. #41
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    In your mind maybe, but for anyone else except the fake libertarian who keeps thanking you cause he's got an axe to grind, it's apparent to see, no you have not.
    Now you rely on the "apparent to see" as opposed to making a case? That too is weak. we invaded a country that had not attacked us, was of no clear threat, could not hope to attack us. There was no valid reason, no matter what efforts Bush made to pretend there was. And we have his conversation about reasons, noting that he didn't have enough, but was assured that the wmd excuse would fly, a slam dunk. All you have to do is rid yourself of your willing suspension of disbelief.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    In your mind maybe, but for anyone else except the fake libertarian who keeps thanking you cause he's got an axe to grind, it's apparent to see, no you have not.
    Rev, the thing that's apparent to everybody is your evasive debate tactics concealing poor debating skills. Whenever you get backed into a corner you simply pull a Palin, throw a couple ad hominems in for good measure and call it a day.

    It's as simple as actually responding to Boo's argument on its merits. But you're failure to do so is a forfeiture of the debate. This site is called "debate politics," Rev, not "mouth foam about politics without any argument to back it up."

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Now you rely on the "apparent to see" as opposed to making a case? That too is weak. we invaded a country that had not attacked us, was of no clear threat, could not hope to attack us. There was no valid reason, no matter what efforts Bush made to pretend there was. And we have his conversation about reasons, noting that he didn't have enough, but was assured that the wmd excuse would fly, a slam dunk. All you have to do is rid yourself of your willing suspension of disbelief.

    what part of I have no interest in engaging you don't you get, I mean how long and in how many threads have I stated this to you? You are a boring kool-aid drinking propagandist with no origional thought of his own, your "proof" amounts to "because I said so" and you stick your finger in your ears like a child screeching "nuh uh".... You make asinine claims and never back them up. I will tell you as I often do, I won't waste my time on such a closed minded individual such as yourself.

    Sorry bro, I have better things to do.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Rev, the thing that's apparent to everybody is your evasive debate tactics concealing poor debating skills. Whenever you get backed into a corner you simply pull a Palin, throw a couple ad hominems in for good measure and call it a day.

    It's as simple as actually responding to Boo's argument on its merits. But you're failure to do so is a forfeiture of the debate. This site is called "debate politics," Rev, not "mouth foam about politics without any argument to back it up."



    You have anything on the topic cheerleader? Tell you what, if you want to run your mouth at me, come down to the basement. That's all I have for you, chief.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #45
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    what part of I have no interest in engaging you don't you get, I mean how long and in how many threads have I stated this to you? You are a boring kool-aid drinking propagandist with no origional thought of his own, your "proof" amounts to "because I said so" and you stick your finger in your ears like a child screeching "nuh uh".... You make asinine claims and never back them up. I will tell you as I often do, I won't waste my time on such a closed minded individual such as yourself.

    Sorry bro, I have better things to do.
    And yet you did engage me, and then when you found you had nothing, quit.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #46
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And yet you did engage me, and then when you found you had nothing, quit.


    no you are right, there I did make the mistake of engaging you. my bad. I forgot who I was dealing with.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #47
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Here let me add in a thread about iraqi abuse, blah blah blah, here you are bloviating on about reasons for the iraq war... It's not worth a response but what the hell.


    On April 12, 2006 the White House issued a press release in response to an article in the Washington Post that criticized the administration’s claims about weapons of mass destruction and the justifications for war. It stated, "The Washington Post cites Iraqi WMD evidence as the only reason offered by President Bush for unseating Saddam Hussein..... But the President provided many other reasons for liberating Iraq." The press release from the White House listed six other reasons for the war:

    1) Saddam Hussein Violated United Nations Security Council Resolutions;
    2) Patrolling The UN-Mandated No-Fly Zone, U.S. And Coalition Forces Were Regularly Attacked;
    3) Saddam Hussein Brutalized Iraq's Civilian Population;
    4) Saddam Hussein Supported And Harbored Terrorist Organizations;
    5) Saddam Hussein Had A History Of Pursuing And Using WMD; and
    6) Removing Saddam Hussein Brought Freedom To The Heart Of The Middle East.


    So as you see your contention of a "kitchen sink" is nothing but left wing partisan mouth foaming.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #48
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    no you are right, there I did make the mistake of engaging you. my bad. I forgot who I was dealing with.
    Still, the facts are the facts. Iraq did not attack us. Had no wmds. Was actively killing large numebrs of people. Was contained. Weren't working with terrorist. Leaving no valid reason reason for invading. You can claim it is because I say so, excusing yourself from the debate, but I'm merely stated what is known. When rumsfeld said absence of evidence is not evidence of abscence, he was acknowldging that we had nothing in terms of evidence. And if we took the time then, as some did, it was clear we didn't have the goods on Saddam. And wehn we look at the inapproriate use of intel, we can see how this was sold to us and how we were fooled.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #49
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Still, the facts are the facts. Iraq did not attack us. Had no wmds. Was actively killing large numebrs of people. Was contained. Weren't working with terrorist. Leaving no valid reason reason for invading. You can claim it is because I say so, excusing yourself from the debate, but I'm merely stated what is known. When rumsfeld said absence of evidence is not evidence of abscence, he was acknowldging that we had nothing in terms of evidence. And if we took the time then, as some did, it was clear we didn't have the goods on Saddam. And wehn we look at the inapproriate use of intel, we can see how this was sold to us and how we were fooled.


    In March 2006, a captured Iraqi document was revealed outlining a May 1999 plan for training terrorists. Under the code name "Blessed July" the top ten graduates of a terrorist training camp were to be sent to London for European operations. Other graduates of this terrorist training camp were to be sent to Iran or the Kurdish areas in northern Iraq. The Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) was to provide logistical support for their missions and selection of targets.

    On November 29, 2009 a Czech TV station revealed that Iraqi intelligence agents working for Saddam Hussein had plotted an attack on the Prague headquarters of Radio Free Europe. TV Nova aired an exclusive report with information that in 1999 Saddam Hussein ordered a terrorist attack on the US-financed radio station from where programs criticizing his regime were broadcast around the world. In 2003, Czech intelligence officers discovered the plot and confiscated the weapons that Iraqi agents had stockpiled including automatic weapons and a rocket propelled grenade.

    I have more boo.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #50
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Link and prove it has any reason to trust it. As I recall, most of those documents were meaningless because they were not something that was going to be implimented. .
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 10-25-10 at 03:42 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •