Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 113

Thread: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

  1. #91
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What is all this? you trying to evade your obnoxious dismissal of your fellow veterans who served under southern watch? Do I detect some hostility?
    Only in your mind do you detect something. Any dismissal I have it is for poor reasoning and making excuses. Idiots try to make that something it isn't. But that's not new.

    But remember, comments were made in a context, part of a discussion. And should be addressed in that context. Shout outs have to be seen as part of that discussion.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #92
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only in your mind do you detect something. Any dismissal I have it is for poor reasoning and making excuses. Idiots try to make that something it isn't. But that's not new.

    But remember, comments were made in a context, part of a discussion. And should be addressed in that context. Shout outs have to be seen as part of that discussion.


    wow "idiots"... That's a new one for you boo... Losing composure now?


    seriously why do you dismiss our sacrifices for your politics?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #93
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    wow "idiots"... That's a new one for you boo... Losing composure now?


    seriously why do you dismiss our sacrifices for your politics?
    No one has dismiessed sacrifices. That's why I call those who say anyone has an idiot. it's a cheap tactic, and not worthy of any serious person. If I have any contempt for anyone on your side, it would be toward those who use this cowardly tactic. You can't debate the logic, so you claim something that never happened. Good job.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Boo Radley
    But the fact remains, Saddam was not working with al Qeada.
    That's untrue.

    He was not attacking us,
    That also is untrue.

    was not behind 9/11
    That's probably true.
    and wasn't a threat to us.
    That is untrue.

    Only the UN could enforce their ceasefire.
    That's untrue.

    We used intel inapproropriately.
    That's questionable.
    I'm sorry some are too willing to accept anything, but you have presented nothing that would convince me otherwise.
    The facts should speak for themselves. It's up to you to familiarize yourself with the facts before commenting.
    You can address these points, or you can use rev's tactic of being insulting. The choice is yours.
    My intention is not to insult you, but you clearly cannot be taken seriously. And the pity is that there are just too many who really don't have a handle on the situation but feel qualified to respond anyway. We may as well be discussing extraterrestrials.

  5. #95
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one has dismiessed sacrifices. That's why I call those who say anyone has an idiot. it's a cheap tactic, and not worthy of any serious person. If I have any contempt for anyone on your side, it would be toward those who use this cowardly tactic. You can't debate the logic, so you claim something that never happened. Good job.


    you are lying. but it's nice to see you having a meltdown for being called out for your disgracefull dismissal of others sacrifice. hero.



    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, he couldn't hit any and that scared us to death. There was even rummor that Bush wanted us to fly low and get hit so he'd have a excuse (bay of Token anyone?). But that was just a rumor as far as I know.

    Again J, anyone who wants to suspend disbleif and accept any reasonat all, no matter how weak. Saddam was contained and unable to hit us at all.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #96
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    you are lying. but it's nice to see you having a meltdown for being called out for your disgracefull dismissal of others sacrifice. hero.
    No one is having a melt down, and no one is lying besides maybe you. Your tactic is dishonest and cheap. But that's about it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one is having a melt down, and no one is lying besides maybe you. Your tactic is dishonest and cheap. But that's about it.


    so you didn't call me an idiot for pointing out your cheapening of others sacrifice for your far left politics?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059063311]
    That's untrue.
    No, he wasn't.


    That also is untrue.
    No, he wasn't.


    That's probably true.
    As there is no evidence showing he was, we can not state he was. So, it is true.

    That is untrue.
    No, he wasn't. He could never do anything to us and live. He wasn't crazy, and worried more about surviving than attacking us. So, you would be wrong on this point.

    That's untrue.
    From a legal standpoint, no. UN mandates are a UN concern.

    That's questionable.
    That was the ruling of the inspector general. But even without, using curveball, who was doubted by the CIA, using coerased testimoney that was dubted by the CIA, and using the heros in error who had betrayed with Iran once before, all with intel that was doubted, and it was the only intel not part of Clinton's intel, which reached a different conclusion, I do believe any reasopnable person would also conclude that the intel was used inappropriately.

    The facts should speak for themselves. It's up to you to familiarize yourself with the facts before commenting.
    I am fully familiar with the facts. I'm waiting for your side to catch up.


    My intention is not to insult you, but you clearly cannot be taken seriously. And the pity is that there are just too many who really don't have a handle on the situation but feel qualified to respond anyway. We may as well be discussing extraterrestrials.
    And yet that is what you try to do. What I have stated is factually supported. We had next to nothing to back Bush's claims. He used intel that was doubted by others. Saddam could not msuter any kind of serious threat. And was unlikely to do unless we invaed (also part of the record if you will remember). He did not have active programs or stockpiles, also part of the record. he could not be growing and gathering. He was well contained and was not working with al Qaeda, nor was he ever likely to as the two were enemies. I believe Powell was corect that we had the fever and wanted to believe. So, we accept anythign that is presented without asking critical questions. And some still want to believe despite the evidence. No stock piles were found. No working with al Qaeda proven (contacts are nto working together. We have contacts with our enemies, but that doesn't equal working with them). Nealry everything present has been found flawed and wanting. Some still bring up Salmon pak, but that proved not to bwe what it was claimed. Rev present a lot of disputed material above, which is why he won't link it.

    This is an old debate. Most of us know the links. Lord knows they have been presented often enough. I used to save them and post the links over and over again. Perhaps people think enoyugh time has gone by that no one will remember them, so they can pretend they don't exist. i don't know. But, don't convince yourself I don't know this issue well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #99
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Joe, is firing on another countries planes an act of war?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #100
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Joe, is firing on another countries planes an act of war?


    j-mac
    No. Seriously, some questioned the legality of those planes, but with no possibility of hititng those planes, it can't be used as a rationale for war.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •