Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 160

Thread: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

  1. #71
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i read the link. and i don't know where you come up with the crap that i rarely read what i post. in fact, that is a lie, so that makes you a liar, doesn't it?
    Mostly because often, when you post a story, the actual text of the story contradicts what you say it says.

    Example off the top of my head: the story about black kids not being eligible to run for class president.

    And if you read the link, then you should have known what McEwen's politics are. Yet, you didn't, and you were indignant that others claimed to.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-04-10 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    588

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Conventional wisdom IS that Ginsburg will be the next to step down from the High Court. If so during the next 2 years little will change, and there are some huge decisions coming. It is imperative to some that another vacancy open, and while Kennedy might seem the most likely Republican appointee to go - Thomas because of pure emotionalism might be cornered into something that he regrets saying one day later ...... and from simple saturation bombing be forced out.

    Just a thought Folks, These Bastards Play for keeps and They need the High Court to maintain all the Crap they intend to send our way.

  3. #73
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Mostly because often, when you post a story, the actual text of the story contradicts what you say it says.

    Example off the top of my head: the story about black kids not being eligible to run for class president.

    And if you read the link, then you should have known what McEwen's politics are. Yet, you didn't, and you were indignant that others claimed to.
    you'll have to do much better than that......and also provide many examples, because you claimed i rarely read my links. also, i don't recall participating much, if at all, in that thread.

    now, please point me to the section of the article that discusses the lady's politics. she might be a dem, but i see nothing in that article that indicates she is "in opposition" as dig put it.
    Last edited by liblady; 10-25-10 at 12:54 PM.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #74
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you'll have to do much better than that......and also provide many examples, because you claimed i rarely read my links. also, i don't recall participating much, if at all, in that thread.
    Participating in that thread? You started it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ss-school.html


    now, please point me to the section of the article that discusses the lady's politics. she might be a dem, but i see nothing in that article that indicates she is "in opposition" as dig put it.
    I quoted it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #75
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Participating in that thread? You started it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ss-school.html




    I quoted it.
    yes, i started it........but didn't participate in it. and i didn't title it. and i hardly call "becoming irritated" with his jurisprudence as well as his victimhood "in opposition" of him. if she were truly "in opposition".......she would have come forward during the hearings.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #76
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yes, i started it........but didn't participate in it. and i didn't title it.
    No. But you said it was about "racism" being alive and well. But that's not what actually happened, which you would have known had you read the story . . . as was hashed out in the thread.


    and i hardly call "becoming irritated" with his jurisprudence as well as his victimhood "in opposition" of him.
    Why? Because in doing so you would make it clear that you didn't read the story, and her opposition is in fact stated in the story?


    if she were truly "in opposition".......she would have come forward during the hearings.
    If it had truly happened as she now says, she would have come forward during the hearings.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #77
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No. But you said it was about "racism" being alive and well. But that's not what actually happened, which you would have known had you read the story . . . as was hashed out in the thread.




    Why? Because in doing so you would make it clear that you didn't read the story, and her opposition is in fact stated in the story?




    If it had truly happened as she now says, she would have come forward during the hearings.
    you are correct.......i said that. and? does that mean i rarely read my links? and no, i explained what i meant about the thomas story......she's not running for office, i don't see that she is working for anyone's campaign, and i don't see her as in "opposition". irritated doesn't mean in opposition.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #78
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What does Virginia Thomas's call to Anita Hill have to do with Lillian McEwen? That's the "this" in this thread. McEwen has a book to push no matter what Virginia Thomas did.

    I didn't realize that pointing out how McEwen's story has various quite dubious elements about it was "mindless defense." Seems to me that the "mindlessness" is in dismissing all of that just so you can get a dig in about "mindless defense."

    I take it from this, then, that you find McEwen credible?
    What I think is mindless is denying that McEwen lends even more credibility to Anita Hill's story. As if there was any doubt before, now there is even less doubt. I don't think it's wrong to poke holes in their stories if there are any, Clarence Thomas should have his day in court like anybody else. Unfortunately he'll probably never be brought to justice because of politics.

    What Virginia Thomas has to do with this is because she reopened the old wound of the Anita Hill scandal. Apparently she's is some pretty deep denial about the whole thing, and it all speaks to Clarence Thomas's character, not just as a womanizer but as somebody who is able lie to his own wife for so long.

    And I'll say this, because Clinton and Gore have been bandied about in this thread, that I would apply the same standard to anybody. I still feel that Clinton should have been removed from office for perjuring himself. But at least Clinton stood trial.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 10-25-10 at 01:52 PM.

  9. #79
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you are correct.......i said that. and?
    And anyone can read the rest of the thread (as well as the story) and see how badly you pooched it, and how obvious it is that you didn't read the story. Or, if you did, how badly you MISread it -- but if I were you, I'd be more comfortable with simply not having read it.


    does that mean i rarely read my links?
    It was but one example.

    and no, i explained what i meant about the thomas story......she's not running for office, i don't see that she is working for anyone's campaign,
    No one said she was -- only that she's pushing for a book deal and opposes Thomas politically. Both of which are perfectly well borne out in the story. Simply reading it would have clarified it for you.


    and i don't see her as in "opposition". irritated doesn't mean in opposition.
    Right, beacause people doing things you agree with tends to irritate the average person. Please.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #80
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    What I think is mindless is denying that McEwen lends even more credibility to Anita Hill's story. As if there was any doubt before, now there is even less doubt. I don't think it's wrong to poke holes in their stories if there are any, Clarence Thomas should have his day in court like anybody else. Unfortunately he'll probably never be brought to justice because of politics.
    How does a new "witness" whose story isn't credible lend "even more credibility" to Anita Hill's story?

    As for "day in court," even if what Hill said was true, there was no crime, so that's pretty silly.

    What Virginia Thomas has to do with this is because she reopened the old wound of the Anita Hill scandal. Apparently she's is some pretty deep denial about the whole thing, and it all speaks to Clarence Thomas's character, not just as a womanizer but as somebody who is able lie to his own wife for so long.
    This McEwen thing was going to hit whether Virginia Thomas did that or not. VT's phone message had nothing to do with it.

    "Deep denial," eh? I guess you've made up your own mind unshakeably.


    And I'll say this, because Clinton and Gore have been bandied about in this thread, that I would apply the same standard to anybody. I still feel that Clinton should have been removed from office for perjuring himself. But at least Clinton stood trial.
    And Anita Hill aired her entire story during Thomas's confirmation hearings.

    If she wished to sue civilly, she could have done so.

    There were no criminal charges to press.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •