Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

  1. #151
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that he ought to be impeached.

    I wonder if you'd be so complacent if this were Sotomayor instead of Thomas...
    Wrong-you want him impeached because you are a far lefty. You use this non issue to try to smear a man whose legal opinions you don't like



  2. #152
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Yeah, right. I suppose "they" made Virginia Thomas call up Anita Hill demanding an apology? The fact is Clarence Thomas brought this on himself, and he's lucky he has right-wing support to mindlessly defend him.
    From what I've seen in this thread, it's Thomas's "defenders" on the left and right who are making cogent and reasonable points while Thomas's attackers on the left are acting frantic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    See what I mean about the mindless support? You don't need a crime to impeach a SCOTUS Justice, they serve during "good behavior." I'd say this qualifies as bad behavior.
    ....under what cobbled together layman's interpretation of a legal standard?

    This woman's claims could be summarized as follows: "He liked porn and talked about how he liked chicks with big tits. In light of that, I think that maybe he did hit on Anita Hill."

    PSA: That's not "evidence of bad behavior.


    I'm just taking McEwen at her word that she was motivated by the phone.
    And that wouldn't make much sense, considering that she already has a manuscript written that she's been shopping to publishers. Unless you think she wrote the book in the two days between the phone call and this story, she obviously wasn't motivated by the phone call.

    I've made up my mind, but not unshakably.
    Yea, it's those of us on the right who are just seeing what we want to see.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #153
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Those rose colored glasses are cool. I bet they feel real good. Clarence Thomas is a scumbag asshole who demonstrably hit on the women within his organization. We're well past allegation, this piece of **** victimized every woman within his control.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  4. #154
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Those rose colored glasses are cool. I bet they feel real good.
    Thus spake the objective and entirely unbiased chappy.

    Clarence Thomas is a scumbag asshole who demonstrably hit on the women within his organization.
    I don't think "demonstrably" is the word you're looking for.

    We're well past allegation, this piece of **** victimized every woman within his control.
    I'm sure you're convinced that that's true.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #155
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Those rose colored glasses are cool. I bet they feel real good. Clarence Thomas is a scumbag asshole who demonstrably hit on the women within his organization. We're well past allegation, this piece of **** victimized every woman within his control.
    wow this is some serious racist psychoboabble and close to being slander.



  6. #156
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    ....under what cobbled together layman's interpretation of a legal standard?

    This woman's claims could be summarized as follows: "He liked porn and talked about how he liked chicks with big tits. In light of that, I think that maybe he did hit on Anita Hill."
    Is that a serious question? The "good behavior" standard has been held by the courts to be identical to the "high crimes and misdemeanors standard." Therefore if Clarence Thomas lied under oath during his confirmation hearings (And McEwen, whatever her motivation, is new evidence that Thomas did lie) then there is precisely as much to move against him for an impeachment as there was against Bill Clinton, whom I also supported impeaching. If you supported one you must support the other. Unless you're a hypocrite, that is.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 10-31-10 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #157
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Is that a serious question? The "good behavior" standard has been held by the courts to be identical to the "high crimes and misdemeanors standard."
    The "layman's standard" line is referring to your description of what constitutes evidence.

    Therefore if Clarence Thomas lied under oath during his confirmation hearings (And McEwen, whatever her motivation, is new evidence that Thomas did lie)
    You keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any less false. Even if we pretend that McEwen is 100% credible, that doesn't do anything to prove that he harassed Hill.

    then there is precisely as much to move against him for an impeachment as there was against Bill Clinton, whom I also supported impeaching. If you supported one you must support the other. Unless you're a hypocrite, that is.
    You really don't see a difference between someone who admitted perjuring himself and someone who you claim (without evidence) perjured himself 19 years ago?

    It's really quite easy to distinguish between the two.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 10-31-10 at 01:38 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #158
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The "layman's standard" line is referring to your description of what constitutes evidence.



    You keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any less false. Even if we pretend that McEwen is 100% credible, that doesn't do anything to prove that he harassed Hill.



    You really don't see a difference between someone who admitted perjuring himself and someone who you claim (without evidence) perjured himself 19 years ago?

    It's really quite easy to distinguish between the two.
    The Thomas haters have no clue about "material fact" or statute of limitations or "proof beyond a reasonable doubt"



  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    11-10-10 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Moderator's Warning:
    Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomaslame spambot is lame.
    Last edited by Redress; 11-10-10 at 01:21 AM.

  10. #160
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,695

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    And I thought Goldline commercials sucked.....
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •