Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 160

Thread: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-04-10 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    588

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Even IF Every allegation against Thomas was True, there is No evidence that since he took his seat on the Court that he's been unethical or lied. Clinton even after assuming office carried on with Females like he did since he was a Teenager. He saw no difference between most Women.

    This distinction Liberals cannot perceive.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Racine View Post
    Even IF Every allegation against Thomas was True, there is No evidence that since he took his seat on the Court that he's been unethical or lied. Clinton even after assuming office carried on with Females like he did since he was a Teenager. He saw no difference between most Women.

    This distinction Liberals cannot perceive.
    It's not surprising because there is no distinction. It doesn't matter how they comported themselves after they committed the perjury, except that they never made any effort to tell the truth. It's perjury that is the the issue. Ya know, lying under oath. I expect a Justice of the highest court in the land be trustworthy. There is mounting evidence that he perjured himself at his confirmation. End of discussion.

    Or is it? That's where the partisan hacks come it, and start obfuscating the issue. The hypocrisy and corruption here would be laughable if it wasn't so despicable.

  3. #93
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Indeed, maybe you'll reevaluate your partisan hackery then and join the call to bring Thomas to justice.
    You give me credible evidence, and then I'll be happy to.


    By the way, you still haven't mentioned your stance on the Clinton impeachment. Can't say I blame you... who would want their hypocrisy to be exposed?
    I didn't, because it's got nothing to do with this.

    But as you've asked, I thought it was stupid. The perjury charge, anyway. The obstruction of justice charge wasn't.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #94
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's not surprising because there is no distinction. It doesn't matter how they comported themselves after they committed the perjury, except that they never made any effort to tell the truth. It's perjury that is the the issue. Ya know, lying under oath. I expect a Justice of the highest court in the land be trustworthy. There is mounting evidence that he perjured himself at his confirmation. End of discussion.

    Or is it? That's where the partisan hacks come it, and start obfuscating the issue. The hypocrisy and corruption here would be laughable if it wasn't so despicable.
    So, for you, merely denying Anita Hill's charge makes him a "perjurer." It is as I thought.

    If you're going to accuse others of "partisan hackery" . . .
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #95
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You give me credible evidence, and then I'll be happy to.
    There is enough evidence between Hill and McEwen's testimony to support an investigation. Once there is a proper investigation we can talking about what evidence has been yielded and proceed from there.

    Sounds like you're less interested in the truth and more interested in protecting your partisan on the Supreme Court. How cynical.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    But as you've asked, I thought it was stupid. The perjury charge, anyway. The obstruction of justice charge wasn't.
    Are you serious? The obstruction charge was a result of the perjury! So you admit that you're a hypocrite!

  7. #97
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    There is enough evidence between Hill and McEwen's testimony to support an investigation. Once there is a proper investigation we can talking about what evidence has been yielded and proceed from there.

    Sounds like you're less interested in the truth and more interested in protecting your partisan on the Supreme Court. How cynical.
    Uh, no. You're the one who's made up his mind entirely.

    I heard what Anita Hill said in 1991. It broke down. It was inconsistent. And it changed along the way. It was not credible, and I have this quirky need for credible evidence before I believe something.

    Now, I see someone who's been quiet for 19 years, who says she's irritated by his conservative jurisprudence, and who has a book to push. Like I said, that would last five minutes (or less) in cross-examination.

    It's you who are utterly convinced of an accusation for which there is no credible evidence.

    At the very least, you make no allowance whatsoever that anyone could conclude that Hill's testimony and McEwen's statements are dubious WITHOUT being partisan hacks, and thus no reasonable person could look at it and conclude it's dubious. That, my friend, is a shining example of the very hackery which you have the nerve to decry.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #98
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Are you serious? The obstruction charge was a result of the perjury! So you admit that you're a hypocrite!
    No, it was not. There was much more to it than that. I suggest you brush up.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #99
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, it was not. There was much more to it than that. I suggest you brush up.
    I suggest you brush up before you make a fool of yourself. I like you too much to want you to sound so ignorant. The charges of perjury and obstruction were based on the same incident of lying under oath. This is well-known.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In December 1998, Clinton's political party, the Democratic Party, was in the minority in both chambers of Congress. Some Democratic members of Congress, and most in the opposition Republican Party, believed that Clinton's giving false testimony and allegedly influencing Lewinsky's testimony were crimes of obstruction of justice and perjury and thus impeachable offenses.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsk...al#Impeachment
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    President Bill Clinton was impeached by the United States House of Representatives in 1998 for obstruction of justice charges based on allegations Clinton lied about his relationship with Lewinsky in a sworn deposition in the Paula Jones lawsuit.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstruc...table_examples
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 10-25-10 at 03:02 PM.

  10. #100
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lillian McEwen breaks her 19-year silence about Justice Clarence Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I suggest you brush up before you make a fool of yourself. I like you too much to want you to sound so ignorant. The charges of perjury, obstruction were all based on the same incident of lying under oath. This is well-known.
    Ummm . . .

    This was the charge.

    Article 3: Obstruction of Justice related to the Jones case.

    In his conduct while President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, and has to that end engaged personally, and through his subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or scheme designed to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence and testimony related to a Federal civil rights action brought against him in a duly instituted judicial proceeding.

    The means used to implement this course of conduct or scheme included one or more of the following acts:

    (1) On or about December 17, 1997, William Jefferson Clinton corruptly encouraged a witness in a Federal civil rights action brought against him to execute a sworn affidavit in that proceeding that he knew to be perjurious, false and misleading.

    (2) On or about December 17, 1997, William Jefferson Clinton corruptly encouraged a witness in a Federal civil rights action brought against him to give perjurious, false and misleading testimony if and when called to testify personally in that proceeding.

    (3) On or about December 28, 1997, William Jefferson Clinton corruptly engaged in, encouraged, or supported a scheme to conceal evidence that had been subpoenaed in a Federal civil rights action brought against him.

    (4) Beginning on or about December 7, 1997, and continuing through and including January 14, 1998, William Jefferson Clinton intensified and succeeded in an effort to secure job assistance to a witness in a Federal civil rights action brought against him in order to corruptly prevent the truthful testimony of that witness in that proceeding at a time when the truthful testimony of that witness would have been harmful to him.

    (5) On January 17, 1998, at his deposition in a Federal civil rights action brought against him, William Jefferson Clinton corruptly allowed his attorney to make false and misleading statements to a Federal judge characterizing an affidavit, in order to prevent questioning deemed relevant by the judge. Such false and misleading statements were subsequently acknowledged by his attorney in a communication to that judge.

    (6) On or about January 18 and January 20-21, 1998, William Jefferson Clinton related a false and misleading account of events relevant to a Federal civil rights action brought against him to a potential witness in that proceeding, in order to corruptly influence the testimony of that witness.

    (7) On or about January 21, 23 and 26, 1998, William Jefferson Clinton made false and misleading statements to potential witnesses in a Federal grand jury proceeding in order to corruptly influence the testimony of those witnesses. The false and misleading statements made by William Jefferson Clinton were repeated by the witnesses to the grand jury, causing the grand jury to receive false and misleading information.

    In all of this, William Jefferson Clinton has undermined the integrity of his office, has brought disrepute on the Presidency, has betrayed his trust as President, and has acted in a manner subversive of the rule of law and justice, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.

    Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.

    (Approved 21-16 by the House Judiciary Committee on Friday, December 11, 1998)
    (Passed 221-212 in the House of Representatives at 1:59 p.m. on Saturday, December 19, 1998)
    (You "like me too much." Riiiiiiiight. Why should I take anything you say seriously?)
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •