Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 145

Thread: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on the ta

  1. #71
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Sorry you missed your flight back to earth. I'm sure you can catch one tomorrow.

    Sorry, but even if you don't like Obama (obviously you are not a swing voter), things are far, far more under control than you let on. I thought GW Bush was an incredible disaster, yet the union lives on (though pretty seriously wounded economically).

    Don't deal in hyperbole and you will find you (and those around you) will live a much happier life.
    I don't mind cluing you in on a few facts
    #1. You can't miss the flight when your the Flight Capt. and I am always in control and in charge.
    #2. Hold on to your Pantyhose now. President Bush was a disaster in some ways, and the Republic lives on because President Bush, wasn't and Anti-American Anti-White Christian through his beliefs in Black Liberation Theology which is based on Marxism trying to destroy it.


    President Bush made plenty of mistakes and used to piss me off no end, but Obama has violated his oath of office by not taking the steps needed to secure our Southern Border, as required under Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution.

    And he has done so solely for political reasons. He claims to be doing something and it's all lip service with no substance.

    The whole point here is that Candidate Broden was repeating in his way what the Declaration of Independence tells us we must do when the Government fails to respond to the wishes of "WE THE PEOPLE," and now we are going to the Ballot box to try to rectify the insufferable evils Obama and his minions have foisted upon us through their malfeasance, and disregard for our economic future and that of our great Grand Children with their fiscal irresponsibility, because that is what we must do next.

    As I said before I want this Revolution to take place at the point of a pin at the ballot box and not as Obama's Czar says from the barrel of a gun and Chief Adviser Andy Stern said, through the persuasion of power and that what these Marxists are up to that requires us to act now.

  2. #72
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I just want to know how these rednecks think they'd actually accomplish such a thing. What, they're going to drive up I-95 in a bunch of cars loaded with rifles and storm Congress? That, somehow, a flight of black hawks wouldn't just buzz by and mow them down?

    edit: See this guy? He's been ordered to defend what you're trying to attack. My money's on him.
    Oh - call the Po-leece

    That's one hell of a sexy bird. Damn!
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #73
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you don't get the connection between Sharia Law, revolution and the obvious threat to the Constitution then, for you, there is none.
    It's not that I don't get it -- it's that I'm not going to let you get away with inserting a reference to Sharia law into a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with Sharia law.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #74
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    If this government believes that the government is made to serve man, not the other way around, then does this candidate advocate gay marriage, repeal of DADT within the military, is pro-choice regarding abortion, and favors a public option government health care plan?
    Why are you taking the piss? You know as a conservative candidate along with a strong conservative faith tradition you are describing his virtual opposite.

    Not everyone in this country, or my district shares your ideals. I would defend your right to be passionate about what you believe, but I personally want almost the opposite of your list. And there are a great many of us who do. In fact I believe this election will show a majority do here in my district.

    Personally, I am pro-life, pro civil union, don't care about DADT, and am STRONGLY against government controlled healthcare. So Broden will come much closer to representing my ideals (even if not perfectly), and those who agree with me than yours. And his opponent has proven to be truly a greatly corrupt. Thank goodness we each get an equal vote. Change is overdue here in Dallas.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    If you are willing to entertain the idea of revolt, then you don't deserve to be in an election. That's like making a bet with no intention of paying if you lose.
    Tell that to the founding fathers.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Tell that to the founding fathers.

    Tell them what? That "you" want to over through their government? I doubt they would take to kindly to that.

  7. #77
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Never read the Declaration of Independence Winston?

    But this is all a bit of a red herring anyway.

    Stephen Broden for US Congress Texas District 30

    WFAA/DMN Reply---The Rest of the Story

    Last week, numerous media reports misrepresented some remarks I made during a contentious interview. My remarks were intended to be historical and philosophical in nature. They were taken out of context by the reporter, and only part of what I said was heard.

    I am a student of American history. I revere the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution because I know how important the ideas found in those documents are to the freedom of all Americans. My remarks were intended to mean one thing: the ideas in our founding documents will never be out of date.

    Our current government is justly elected, but terribly misguided. Let me be clear: because our government is justly elected, the only legitimate way to defend our liberty is through peaceful change at the ballot box.

    As long as we have elections, our remedy against bad government is our right to vote. This year, voters can set America back on course by the choices we make over the next week.

    Let us not lose sight of the most important issue in this election. Congresswoman Johnson did something unethical: she betrayed our district by funneling scholarship money to her family members instead of giving it to the deserving students of this district.

    Yes, a few of my statements were taken out of context. What I said hurt nobody but me. What she did hurt the families of this district.

    I have offered a fresh vision for District 30 while my opponent offers more of the same failed policies. My vision includes job growth, economic development, safer neighborhoods, and schools that work.

    Americans are dissatisfied with the direction the country has taken. We must seize the opportunity to set things straight. Your vote is your voice. I humbly ask for your vote in this election so that I may go to Congress and work for the changes we need in our communities.

  8. #78
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Tell that to the founding fathers.
    There's many differences between the issues of why the Founding Fathers revolted and why conservative canddiates are advocating it.

    1) The Founding Fathers revolted because it was the only way they could get representation in government. At that time, the British Parliament was making laws for the colonies without input from the colonies. This is why the cry of the colonies was "No Taxation Without Representation. It was the "Without Representation" that the Founding Fathers had a problem with the British Empire.

    Conservatives, however, have ample opportunity at representation in the federal government. It's not Taxation Without Representation when your party is so unpopular that it's candidates don't get elected. That's a different issue entirely, and not that should be resolved with firearms.

    2) The Founding Fathers did not revolt as the first option. The Continental Congress made several attempts at diplomacy with the British Parliament in order to come to a peaceful solution. Indeed, Joseph Galloway put forth a plan in which the American colonies would adopt an American Parliament that would be loyal to the British Crown. The Founding Fathers sought a compromise to ensure there was no need for war. Unfortunately, the British Empire took the actions of the Continental Congress as acts of rebellion itself and refused to compromised.

    Conservative candidates, however, are putting forth the option of rebellion as a way to avoid compromise.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You know, Ikari, it's interesting that you say that revolution of government is a tool of the People and yet it is a Republican candidate who is advocating revolt.
    I don't see him as advocating revolution. Merely mentioning that it is on the table. That there are Constitutional routes we will try first. But that it is the People's right to revolt against corrupt and oppressive government. I didn't get the impression that he was advocating revolution, just stating that it's the last option on the table. Which it is. I think that the government should keep that in mind. Not so much because we're on the verge of needing revolution, but so they understand that ultimately power and sovereignty rests not with them; but with us. Before they do anything where they use our power or wield our sovereignty they should understand that their first and foremost duty is to our rights and liberties and act accordingly.

    Nothing he said was incorrect, revolution remains a proper and rightful tool of the People.
    Last edited by Ikari; 10-25-10 at 02:56 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't see him as advocating revolution. Merely mentioning that it is on the table. That there are Constitutional routes we will try first. But that it is the People's right to revolt against corrupt and oppressive government. I didn't get the impression that he was advocating revolution, just stating that it's the last option on the table. Which it is. I think that the government should keep that in mind. Not so much because we're on the verge of needing revolution, but so they understand that ultimately power and sovereignty rests not with them; but with us. Before they do anything where they use our power or wield our sovereignty they should understand that their first and foremost duty is to our rights and liberties and act accordingly.

    Nothing he said was incorrect, revolution remains a proper and rightful tool of the People.
    Well, the reason why I brought it up was because of the other things that I mentioned in my quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    You know, Ikari, it's interesting that you say that revolution of government is a tool of the People and yet it is a Republican candidate who is advocating revolt. I find this interesting because there are conservatives in the Republican Party who are also advocates of the repeal of the 17th Amendment, which provides the direct election of Senators. Such an appeal would take power the People have over the federal government away from the People.

    So while the People have the power to enact revolution, it's important that it not be advocated by a smaller group wishing to impose their own kind of tyranny over others.

    Personally, I think that the Constitution allows popular initiatives over the federal government, and some process for that should be enacted so the People have a direct method of control over the federal government. I think that before any faction advocates revolt on behalf of "the People" they should first advocate more methods of direct democracy for "the People."

    But good luck with that.
    While I agree with you that revolution can be a valid tool of the People, I find it somewhat hypocritical for a conservative candidate to point that out but not advocate giving more powers of direct democracy over the federal government to the People, which could arguably avert the need for revolution. There are also many conservatives who in fact want to take away the gains the People have made increasing direct democracy, one method of which is repealing the 17th Amendment, which again is hypocritical. So I see it as somewhat disengenuous for the conservative gestalt to mention revolution but not such (rather more peaceful) measures of implementing Instant Run-off Voting to better allow third-parties to get elected to offices and implementing federal referrendums so that the People may pass measures that politicians are against, such as reduction for pay.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •