Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 145

Thread: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on the ta

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    It completly matters. Our countries leadership should not be decided by marketing campaigns.
    If the people are stupid enough to trust in meaningless slogans (as they did with BHO) rather than looking at the important issues, then they get the democracy they deserve. No amount of advertising, or truth, will effect those who truly want to believe otherwise.

    Perhaps they learned a lesson this time and will vote him out of office in 2012, but the next generation will have to learn it all over again.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    TacticalEvilDan

    Actually, no, the subject of this thread is a particular Republican candidate who says that violent overthrow is on the table. That has nothing to do with either the Constitution or Sharia law. Unless, of course, the candidate in question also thinks we need to do away with the Constitution and install Sharia law. Have they said anything of the sort?
    Your are clearly wrong. The subject of this thread said, as quoted in the very first post, "We have a constitutional remedy," Broden said then. "And the Framers say if that don't work, revolution."

    There are obviously those who want to change the Constitution or ignore it altogether. I referred to the best know group who is far better know internationally than an obscure political candidate.

    This "constitutional remedy" can take many forms and the formation of the Tea Party had been one of the more successful and peaceful ways. Others, as Candidate Boden explained, can involve a "revolution".

    Well, by all means, inform me with links to these many stats telling us how many American Muslims want Sharia law, what flavor of Sharia law they want, and how they would like it to be implemented.
    Look it up yourself! You should know how to google by now. Are you actually disputing the fact that many Muslims want Sharia law established not only in the United States, but everywhere else as well? I find that hard to believe.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    How're we doing in Afghanistan?
    They're doing better than Al Quaeda, that's certain. In fact the military might be doing better in Afghanistan than the civilians are at home.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    If you are willing to entertain the idea of revolt, then you don't deserve to be in an election. That's like making a bet with no intention of paying if you lose.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-23-10 at 06:00 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  5. #55
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Your are clearly wrong. The subject of this thread said, as quoted in the very first post, "We have a constitutional remedy," Broden said then. "And the Framers say if that don't work, revolution."

    There are obviously those who want to change the Constitution or ignore it altogether. I referred to the best know group who is far better know internationally than an obscure political candidate.

    This "constitutional remedy" can take many forms and the formation of the Tea Party had been one of the more successful and peaceful ways. Others, as Candidate Boden explained, can involve a "revolution".
    Strangely, nothing was in there about Muslims who want Sharia law. Which makes that totally irrelevant to this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Look it up yourself! You should know how to google by now. Are you actually disputing the fact that many Muslims want Sharia law established not only in the United States, but everywhere else as well? I find that hard to believe.
    So, what "proof" you claim to have doesn't rise to the challenge I laid before you. Very well.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    A pastor isn't a government official, but yes he is a nutcase....all be it an inconsiquenchial one.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th


    Not something I ever want to see, but the way Liberals are pushing the name calling and hate, who can know for sure what frustrations they may promote? All the hate talk could lead to a self fulfilling prophesy if they don't dial it back a notch or two. The Tea Party isn't where the hate comes from. It's 100% from the Left.

    It is just fascinating and yet at the same time disturbing how far from the facts and central focus of the original topic some of those who post here have wandered.

    Is this one of the indicators that someone has A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. or P.M.S. or what?

    I will admit I have not taken the time to read all of the posts, just most and enough to get a feel for the direction and I will give credit where credit is due.

    President Bush is so far not at fault and that's a new and refreshing change from the usual diversionary tactics.

    Some of the post are almost whimsical while others are just plain sad and show a complete lack of the ability to think.

    However all in all it's fun to see how screwed up some of what I am guessing are adults can be.

    Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Councilman; 10-23-10 at 07:46 PM.

  8. #58
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They're doing better than Al Quaeda, that's certain. In fact the military might be doing better in Afghanistan than the civilians are at home.
    Strange; nine years with no resolution.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #59
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Republicans are going to shut down Congress? Haven't heard that one.
    I have. It's a lie being spread by liberals to scare people before the election.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Republican congressional candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on th

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Look it up yourself! You should know how to google by now. Are you actually disputing the fact that many Muslims want Sharia law established not only in the United States, but everywhere else as well? I find that hard to believe.
    Yes... I dispute it. Please post a credible source for this claim, or admit you made it up and let's move on... and NO, I will NOT GOOGLE it myself. It's YOUR job to prove what yuo spout as 'fact', not my job to disprove it.

    Essentially, put up, or shut up.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •