Hey, I am but a blue collar guy. I scratched and struggled for everything I have. So I may not be a product of the benefits of higher education like yourself, so if you would lay out a few things for me so that I can more aptly understand where you are coming from if you would....
1. Do you feel that the founders were more of liberty based motivation, or a progressive one, and why?
2. Is the US constitution a malleable instrument that can be changed at will by side stepping the amendment process, or should we stick closer to the original intent?
3. And lastly, Define political anarchy?
Back to the OP for a sec...
The Dallas Morning news has revoked their endorsement because of this gaffe by Broden. Even Glenn Beck renounced him.
I find it interesting since from the beginning I saw it the way Broden is explaining it now, as a philosophical point instead of a call for folks to take up pitchforks.
He has most certainly experienced his first major 'oops moment' as a neophyte politician. Hopefully he will still get a chance to make more.
Still, since I live in the same city with him, I am fairly familiar with him, and I have heard him speak many times. It is with that context that I could quickly understand that his statement was a tip of the hat to the DOI and the founders of our country and not a call to arms. Of course he is trying to get that message out now too, but the fallout from his mistake is still a little too strong.
I sure hope he still wins. His opponent is a proven disaster, and corrupt.
I am voting for him.
Now you guys can go back to willie measuring... don't mind me.
1) Liberty is too wide a term in this case itd be liberty from Britain. They were very progressive minded in my eyes. That doesnt mean I endorse some sort of 'progressive' movement.
2) A little of both really, Id prefer the structure stood, the values of our founders must be debated. (its a massive debate) so I dont know enough to take a side I haven't studied it really.
3) A term I coined my self that all sense is lost in miscommunication referring directly to politics between different groups. Often conservatives and liberals have the same core values but because of the state of politics and the vocab and nature of the discussion we cant agree or really even communicate properly.
Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 10-26-10 at 12:29 PM.
One of you will end up here next!
Calling the US Founding Fathers "Left Wing" would be a very egregious insult to their memory and foresight.