Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ya buddy, that response has nothing to do with what I said. To clarify for you. I think the way you are speaking is childish and immature, I never said you had no right to say it.
    Luckily, we live in a country where you are free to express your dislike of my opinion.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Luckily, we live in a country where you are free to express your dislike of my opinion.
    My problem isn't with your opinion, its with how you present it. Do you understand, thats the point I've been trying to get across for several posts now.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You're proud to talk like that? Such maturity and reasonableness, glad to see the spirit of the great American debate has reached such levels.
    "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back" Yes. Since we have such a mature and reasonable example to follow...

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    "We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back" Yes. Since we have such a mature and reasonable example to follow...
    So you are arguing that the Reps should follow the Dems by their example in how they speak? That doesn't sound like "Leadership" for America to me. I mean how can you claim to be the right party for leadership if you're simply reacting instead of being pro-active.

    If you truly don't like that tone of language, than change it in your own speech. Its pretty weak to say "Well I hate the way me and my opponents are talking, but I'm gonna do it anyway because my opponents are doing it and I can't live up to my own standards by myself."

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    My problem isn't with your opinion, its with how you present it. Do you understand, thats the point I've been trying to get across for several posts now.
    Pretty sure I can present my opinion any damned way I please. You're free to put me on ignore if you like.

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So you are arguing that the Reps should follow the Dems by their example in how they speak? That doesn't sound like "Leadership" for America to me. I mean how can you claim to be the right party for leadership if you're simply reacting instead of being pro-active.

    If you truly don't like that tone of language, than change it in your own speech. Its pretty weak to say "Well I hate the way me and my opponents are talking, but I'm gonna do it anyway because my opponents are doing it and I can't live up to my own standards by myself."
    I'm not the one who has a problem with it. Personally, I don't mind a little contentious debate. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bother reading things on this site. Since you do have a problem with this type of language, and the guy who is the main topic of this thread is the one who is leading us down the tubes (according to you, just now), let's have some criticism of the leadership from you....

  7. #67
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Maybe the fact that Obama uses the teleprompter MUCH less often than Bush ever did should be embarassing to the OP. At least Obama can read the teleprompter.

    Bush on the otherhand couldn't even read off of it as he mispronounced even the most rudimentary of words.

    Bush couldn't even get through college without his daddy buying his c-'s for him.

    Please. The idea that Palinite-Beckian-Boners suddenly find intelligence a prerequesite is laughable.

  8. #68
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Maybe the fact that Obama uses the teleprompter MUCH less often than Bush ever did should be embarassing to the OP. At least Obama can read the teleprompter.
    Evidence please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Bush on the otherhand couldn't even read off of it as he mispronounced even the most rudimentary of words.
    Thought I'm pretty sure he never thought there were 57 states.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Bush couldn't even get through college without his daddy buying his c-'s for him.
    Evidence please?


    Keep going and I'll have to slip on the hip waders to answer your posts. Make stuff up much or are ya just startin' out?

    Please. The idea that Palinite-Beckian-Boners suddenly find intelligence a prerequesite is laughable.[/QUOTE]
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #69
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Maybe the fact that Obama uses the teleprompter MUCH less often than Bush ever did should be embarassing to the OP.
    I'd be interested to see the numbers, but seeing as how I've seen and heard more Obama speeches in two years than I heard of Bush in 8 years, I think you might be way, way off on this assertion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    At least Obama can read the teleprompter. Bush on the otherhand couldn't even read off of it as he mispronounced even the most rudimentary of words.
    Words like corpsman? Did Bush ever thank himself in a speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Bush couldn't even get through college without his daddy buying his c-'s for him.
    None of us have any idea what Obama's grades were...are you sure you want to go there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bastinda View Post
    Please. The idea that Palinite-Beckian-Boners suddenly find intelligence a prerequesite is laughable.
    If I stand on a stage and tell you that I will heal the earth, stop the sea from rising and spread the wealth around, does that make me intelligent?

    If you believe me when read those things from my teleprompter, does that mean you're gullible?

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    I'd be interested to see the numbers, but seeing as how I've seen and heard more Obama speeches in two years than I heard of Bush in 8 years, I think you might be way, way off on this assertion.



    Words like corpsman? Did Bush ever thank himself in a speech?



    None of us have any idea what Obama's grades were...are you sure you want to go there?



    If I stand on a stage and tell you that I will heal the earth, stop the sea from rising and spread the wealth around, does that make me intelligent?

    If you believe me when read those things from my teleprompter, does that mean you're gullible?
    response post of the day!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •