Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

  1. #41
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,247

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That's kind of the point. That was Mondale's point. Obama doesn't speak to the nation, he reads prepared remarks.
    Every president does this ALL THE TIME.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #42
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Every president does this ALL THE TIME.
    And the point being --- all Presidents should do a little cutting back.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Bull****. He didn't use a teleprompter in the debates and nor does he during Q & A with audience members. He's quite eloquent in many speaking situations where a teleprompter is not used. You're just so blinded by your partisanship you refuse to see it. It just amazes me how you people expect us to believe a Harvard Law grad Magna cum laude and head of the Law Review, and college professor is a dunce.
    I'm pretty sure I never heard Bush go as far as to thank himself and then have to be interrupted by a foreign dignitary before realizing he was reading someone else's speech.

    Obama Thanks Himself, Irish PM Repeats Speech in Teleprompter Meltdown - FoxNews.com

  4. #44
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,247

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And the point being --- all Presidents should do a little cutting back.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was the point, seeing as how people are using it as a way to attack Obama's intelligence...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was the point, seeing as how people are using it as a way to attack Obama's intelligence...
    such a small target... it can barely defend itself. They should be ashamed of attacking such a defenseless creature.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    such a small target... it can barely defend itself. They should be ashamed of attacking such a defenseless creature.
    You're proud to talk like that? Such maturity and reasonableness, glad to see the spirit of the great American debate has reached such levels.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Every president does this ALL THE TIME.
    Once again you are wrong. While it is true that since they came along all Presidents have used teleprompters but Obama is the only one to have to have one or he can't speak in public without looking the complete dolt he has proven he is.

    My God he had to have one to talk to children at an elementary School.

    I can't imagine President Reagan needing one to talk with children.

    Obama uses them as a crutch because he is far less intelligent than his blind worshipers have claimed, and they know it but can't openly admit it because it would reveal that they have been fooled by a fool.

    It's always hard to admit mistakes, and this one is so egregious it makes it even more difficult to come clean about the mistake.

    So many people fell for the massively outrageous Liberal Leftist's demonetization of President Bush they fell for the lies of the king of all teleprompters not because he was who they were told he was but because they were so brainwashed they would fall for any story that came along with empty promises from anyone, and here is a Black man who seems to fill the bill.

    But alas the realization they were duped by a stuttering stammering idiot is so devastating they cannot face the reality.

    Too bad for you but you made this mess and now we have to clean it up. First in Nov. and next in 2012.

  8. #48
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,237

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    I'm pretty sure I never heard Bush go as far as to thank himself and then have to be interrupted by a foreign dignitary before realizing he was reading someone else's speech.

    Obama Thanks Himself, Irish PM Repeats Speech in Teleprompter Meltdown - FoxNews.com
    Newsflash: Everyone makes mistakes including brilliant people. But if you really think Bush was better at public speaking then Obama, I'm sure you wouldn't mind giving your bank account number to those countless email scammers that want to deposit money in it for you.

    Duuuuuuh!

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Once again you are wrong. While it is true that since they came along all Presidents have used teleprompters but Obama is the only one to have to have one or he can't speak in public without looking the complete dolt he has proven he is.

    My God he had to have one to talk to children at an elementary School.

    I can't imagine President Reagan needing one to talk with children.

    Obama uses them as a crutch because he is far less intelligent than his blind worshipers have claimed, and they know it but can't openly admit it because it would reveal that they have been fooled by a fool.

    It's always hard to admit mistakes, and this one is so egregious it makes it even more difficult to come clean about the mistake.

    So many people fell for the massively outrageous Liberal Leftist's demonetization of President Bush they fell for the lies of the king of all teleprompters not because he was who they were told he was but because they were so brainwashed they would fall for any story that came along with empty promises from anyone, and here is a Black man who seems to fill the bill.

    But alas the realization they were duped by a stuttering stammering idiot is so devastating they cannot face the reality.

    Too bad for you but you made this mess and now we have to clean it up. First in Nov. and next in 2012.
    We already showed that Obama didn't use the teleprompters to talk to the children with both photos and video, how can you claim otherwise now?

  10. #50
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Teleprompter to make its debut in Parliament when Obama speaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    We already showed that Obama didn't use the teleprompters to talk to the children with both photos and video, how can you claim otherwise now?
    Maybe it's because his limited speaking skills are sufficient only for children...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •