Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 166

Thread: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

  1. #71
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course the NAACP is going to tie in racism with the Tea Party. The Liberals have no choice--especially now--but to scare the crap out of the Black vote with the, "fear whitey", rhetoric. Liberals cultivate racism, more than any other group in the country. Without it, there would never be another Leftist Democrat elected, again.

    It'll be a great day--a great day!--in this country, when the Black Community wakes up and sees how they've been used by the Liberals. It'll be yet another signal, that this is the greatest country in the history of mankind.
    The number one event that will do the most to stop racism, is the day the NAACP disbands.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #72
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,548

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So what you're saying is that because the 4 and a half people who support the tea party on this forum aren't racist then the Tea Party has no racist elements what so ever? There is a gap in there somewhere. DP doesn't even come close to being a relevant cross section of American politics.

    try at least 33. either you are being hyperbolic or ignorant.


    and the tea party has no more racist elements in it than the democrat party. Sorry.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #73
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,028

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    try at least 33. either you are being hyperbolic or ignorant.and the tea party has no more racist elements in it than the democrat party. Sorry.
    Hyperbolic? 33 people? Out of a forum with: 10,000 members. So that makes it what percentage of the Tea Party exatcly? 33 people out of let's say 4 million strong aren't racist. What does that prove exatcly? Well I guess that kind of disproves a claim that the Tea Party itself has racist elements in it. Only it doesn't. Because I personally don't know what your real views or those of the other 32 people are on race. So please, answer my questions.

    What is your argument? That there are no racist elements in the tea party or that there are but they don't reflect the tea party?


    Now if you're saying that the Democratic party has a lot of racist elements and I know you well enough to know that you probably are then what does that say for the Tea Party? That it has just as many? Or that it has one less? I'd like to know what your argument is. I'm fully aware of the fact that the Democratic Party was involved in racist activities. So what exactly does this say for the Tea Party? Or are you going to shy away from my questioning?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 02:26 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #74
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Free thought and liberty is worse than slavery...????

    Huh?
    If liberals are for liberty, why do they do everything they can to discredit the tea party?
    Why do they want to restrict individual freedom?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #75
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,548

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hyperbolic? 33 people? Out of a forum with: 10,000 members. So that makes it what percentage of the Tea Party exatcly? 33 people out of let's say 4 million strong aren't racist. What does that prove exatcly? Well I guess that kind of disproves a claim that the Tea Party itself has racist elements in it. Only it doesn't. Because I personally don't know what your real views are on race. So please, answer my questions.
    Again with the hyperbole? 10,000 active members? please hatuey.

    My views on race? I am not a racist, I think all folks are equal. I abhor racism. I hope that clears things up for you chief.


    What is your argument that there are no racist elements in the tea party or that there are but they don't reflect the tea party?

    There are no more racist elements in the teaparty than there is in the democrat party. and just like you alluded to in another thread about muslims and airplanes, folks are just reacting to what the media is making up about us.

    Now if you're saying that the Democratic party has a lot of racist elements and I know you well enough to know that you probably do then what does that say for the Tea Party? That it has just as many? Or that it has one less? I'd like to know what your argument is. I'm fully aware of the fact that the Democratic Party was involved in racist activities. So what exactly does this say for the Tea Party? Or are you going to shy away from my questioning?

    A coherent thought please.


    I think there are racists who consider themselves tea party folk, I think there are racists who think themselves as democrats. Yet I'm not starting 5 threads a day smearing democrats for having racist elements in thier party.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #76
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,028

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If liberals are for liberty, why do they do everything they can to discredit the tea party?
    Why do they want to restrict individual freedom?
    Because the Tea-Party is the American Right Wing trying to rebrand itself as something else. Evidence has shown where Tea Party members stand in terms of ideological and sociological beliefs. And that is squarely within the same religious right wing that pushed Reagan to the forefront in the 80s. The Tea Party doesn't stand for 'freedom' anymore than white people stand for slavery. They're simply far more vocal in their beliefs than their less radicalized cousins in the Republican party. Nice emotional argument though.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #77
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,028

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Again with the hyperbole? 10,000 active members? please hatuey.
    You've just stated that there are 33 members on this forum who are Tea Party supporters. That is 33 out of 10,000. Whethere they are active or not is quite irrelevant. DP is not a cross section of the American political community anymore than the millions of people who go to Starbucks are.

    My views on race? I am not a racist, I think all folks are equal. I abhor racism. I hope that clears things up for you chief.
    And yet this is exatcly why I state that your logic is flawed. You're relying on mostly anecdotal claims to make a claim on a national group. That's where your argument is flawed. 33 people supporting a party on a political forum do not represent the millions outside of the forum who also support it anymore than 33 dead cat represents the millions who are alive and well outside.

    There are no more racist elements in the teaparty than there is in the democrat party. and just like you alluded to in another thread about muslims and airplanes, folks are just reacting to what the media is making up about us.
    Only if you actually READ my argument you'd see what I said has nothing to do with what you're saying and is nothing more than a red herring. The fact that I admit that I'm unfoundedly apprehensive about dying in a terrorist attack does not mean that there is no terrorism in Islam. Matter of fact I have stated MANY times and even made threads on the matter where I have said that Islam DOES have a problem with terrorism. Here is one of them:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/histor...ong-issue.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I read a lot. I'm not afraid to read opposing points of views on different issues. Lately, I've been reading a lot of books regarding Islamic expansion, terrorism and Christian history. After a lot of reflection, I've come to a single conclusion : Liberals are wrong in the way they approach the debate on Islamic terrorism.

    Since 9.11.2001 terrorism has become a hotly debated issue in America and many other nations. Not because of the attacks themselves but because of how dormant the West remained as Islamic terrorism expanded. It pains me to admit it but my fellow liberals have taken the wrong road on this issue. Instead of addressing the problems within Islam which would be obvious to anybody who regards the issue, we have chosen to divert attention from the issue by pointing at the misdeeds of other religions. Mostly pointing at examples of Christian terrorism that while horrible in themselves are not anywhere near the type of threat Islamic terrorism posses.

    I've come up with a single reason as to why we as liberals have chosen to do this. We are under the false impression that when people attack Islamic radicalism they're attacking Islam itself. This is not true. Islam doesn't need change as far as religion goes. Islam needs religion as far as radicalism and certain groups within it go. While peace loving Muslims number in the hundreds of millions worldwide one CAN NOT ignore the significant but minute percentage that promote hate and violence. This minority is important because it is growing like a cancer. We are seeing more and more signs of home grown terrorism which were not obvious before because of how sheltered we were. No more.

    Liberals we must realize that when people say that Islamic terrorism is a problem they're not talking about Islam being the problem but those who misinterpret and radicalize the scripture to fit an agenda that wants social regression. The Koran, like the Bible has many radical passages but we are not seeing thousands of Christian youths become enamored by the thought of killing in the name of Christianity.

    As a proud liberal I beg many of you to reconsider your positions on this issue. I'm not talking about moving to the left or the right. I'm asking you to realize that Radical Islamics are a plague and we're doing a disservice to peaceful Muslims by choosing to ignore the issue and putting up smoke screens on an issue that requires common sense and strength in character.

    When I say 'Liberals' you all know who I'm talking about. If you don't then you probably be offended by my use of the word.
    So my answers are not only coherent but incredibly consistent.


    A coherent thought please.

    I think there are racists who consider themselves tea party folk, I think there are racists who think themselves as democrats. Yet I'm not starting 5 threads a day smearing democrats for having racist elements in thier party.
    Yes because Democrats don't push these people to the forefront. As a matter of fact just the mere suggestion that a Democratic candidate or a Democrat is racist is enough to get them fired. Look at what happened to that NPR fellow and that lady who talked about being apprehensive about helping a white farmer. The Tea Party on the other hand has held itself above accountability. While most Democrats with a racist past have apologize for it, the Tea Party keeps playing a catch 22 with the matter. If they're member of the Tea Party and hold racist views then these views are also held by other people and nobody is allowed to criticize it and it doesn't reflect on them. If they're associates of the Tea Party then they're not the same as members and the Tea Party should not be criticized for such allegiances even though their members actively seek these allegiances. See what I'm getting at?

    1. The Tea Party takes absolutely no responsibility for the actions of its members even though they supposedly speak in one voice.

    2. The Tea Party is allowed to criticize whatever it sees wrong within the establishment and when these same concerns are raised about their party they simply say that they're not really part of the party and they're all loosely associated groups with different ideas under a basic banner.

    You have to pick a side in how you're going to play politics Reverend and it simply does not allow for the pussyfooting of the Tea Party. Either you speak with one voice or you do not. Either tea party groups, associates etc can be called out for the incoherence they've shown in terms of how they're organized or they can't. Seriously, it's not rocket science.

    So people answer the question without anymore squirming:

    Are there racist elements within the Tea Party or not?

    The possible answers are :

    A) Yes

    and

    B) No.

    Which one is it?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 02:47 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #78
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Example please? I won't be holding my breath though.
    Hatuey just did it to apbst a few posts back.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #79
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,548

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Example please? I won't be holding my breath though.


    hatuey basically just called adpst an uncle tom.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #80
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,543

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Example please? I won't be holding my breath though.
    WASHINGTON, Aug. 8 — The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has threatened to suspend officers of its branch in Compton, Calif., unless they rescind their endorsement of the nomination of Judge Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.

    On Wednesday the national office of the N.A.A.C.P., which opposes the nomination, told officials of the branch that they had until Friday at 3 P.M. Eastern daylight time to withdraw their support for Judge Thomas.

    If they fail to do so, the national office said, the branch president and all those who signed a resolution supporting the judge will have to resign. The office added that if the Compton officials refused to take either action, it would begin disciplinary procedures that could lead to the removal or suspension of the officials.

    N.A.A.C.P. Battle Over Thomas - New York Times
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •