Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 166

Thread: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

  1. #61
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Racine View Post
    Blacks for the forseeable future will be the Hard Core base of the Democratic Party. That's how it Shakes down and as such they will be Pandered to by White Liberals. It won't really improve the lives of many , but no way will that core support be jeopardized.
    Hey, if they want to do something dumb, that's up to them.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #62
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hey, if they want to do something dumb, that's up to them.
    It's not stupidity - it's dependence.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, I get called dumb all the time on this forum, by Liberals. It's assumed, regularly, that I'm white, since I'm a Conservative and won't get in line with the Left wing agenda and I'm "uppity". Yes, I do ask, all the time, who the real racists are.

    Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about:
    You really don't know what the word hyperbole means do you? Because you'd have to not know what it means to single out a comment I made and then ignore the fact that I myself stated it was hyperbole with the next sentence.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Terrible View Post
    Hatuey,

    Allow me to clarify...
    By all means.

    I am referring to American Liberalism more specifically the Welfare State. In its most extreme form, communism, it is capable of producing the worst atrocities mankind has ever seen. However, the American Welfare State in its current form is not worse than slavery. However, I still agree with this statement to make a point. Blacks, other minorities, and even whites are "enslaved" by the Welfare State. It robs them of their dignity forces them into a pattern of thinking that this is the way "we" should live.
    And yet that still doesn't come even close to what slavery is. Seriously pick up a book on slavery and cross comparisson it with a book on liberalism. Unless you're reaching something by a biased sourced you can't possibly maintain intellectual credibility and still claim that slavery is better than liberalism. Or are you saying that being dependent on somebody is better than being subservient to them? No no. As I stated before. It's hyperbole.

    The liberal ideology creates the “slavery” I am referring to. Therefore, this question is akin to asking, “Would you be a slave or one who supports the enslavement of others?”

    No, they support the “enslavement” of others.
    And yet this is a complete liberalisation of what the term slavery actually means and more hyperbolic fallacies. I don't support the enslavement of anyone anymore than you do and yet somehow because I approve of welfare programs and you don't that is enslavement? Well what about this: I consider right wing social policies to be far more enslaving than anything liberalism could ever come up with. Historically they have restricted the freedoms of the individual and supported the very real slavery of millions of others in the so called 'democratic world'. Is that hyperbolic enough for you?

    Please do not take this personal. I would like to discuss this further. We cannot if your need to have us all agree with you cases such anger. Temper tantrums do not convince me. Sound arguments do.
    Here is how I see the situation:

    You have argued that liberalism is worse than slavery. There is not a single credible historical source or historian on either side of the fence that would agree with you. Not the CATO institute, not the NAACP not even the Tea Party. It's not an opinion which is based on historical research. It is simply rhetoric. If you are going to complain that 'temper tantrums' are not convicing maybe you should take your own advice and maybe pick up a book on liberalism and the dozens of different ideologies it espouses. When you start the argument off from a completely baseless claim then there is really no room for discussion. It doesn't matter how much historical evidence there is contradicting your argument.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #65
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Isn't "colored" a racist term?

  6. #66
    Ivan The Terrible > All
    Ivan The Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Last Seen
    02-14-12 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Hatuey,

    I said you are right.

    However, the American Welfare State in its current form is not worse than slavery.
    Please address the point I am making. Do not let your anger blind you.
    "Miss quote? It's an outright fabrication!" Myself in response to Iriemon's post.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Terrible View Post
    Hatuey,

    I said you are right.

    Please address the point I am making. Do not let your anger blind you.
    Having intensively studied 'slavery' for the past 3 years and having thought about the historical implications of it to the point where I want to go to university simply so that I can become a full fledged expert on it. I simply disagree with your liberalization of the terms slavery and liberalism to make a point. I'd wish my enemy free health care and public housing long before I'd wish them to be slaves. I mean I wouldn't wish the worst of the worst human beings slavery. It's the worst state you can possibly push the human condition into. I also find it quite disrespectful to people who have actually been slaves that somebody who claims to want to engage in rational conversation would start off the conversation with it. The terms aren't even remotely comparable. Not psychologically, not historically, not sociologically. It doesn't matter how much rhetoric you use in an attempt to compare them, in practice they simply don't come close.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 01:36 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,645

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Standard regressive response. Presented with a detailed report of some actual racism that has snuck into the tea party, their response is, as usual,

    "Nuh uh, YOU'RE the racists!"

    Like clockwork.


    Robert S. McElvaine: Let's Start Calling Them 'Regressives'


    Ever have an origional thought?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,645

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Hey how come none of your ilk ever call us racist in person?


    Sad really, running around digital media bloviating on and on about racism, when not once has it been shown here that ANY of the tea party posters here are racist....


    we are learning a lot about you folks, and it aint pretty.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #70
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Hey how come none of your ilk ever call us racist in person?

    Sad really, running around digital media bloviating on and on about racism, when not once has it been shown here that ANY of the tea party posters here are racist....

    we are learning a lot about you folks, and it aint pretty.
    So what you're saying is that because the 4 and a half people who support the tea party on this forum aren't racist then the Tea Party has no racist elements what so ever? There is a gap of reason in there somewhere. Or is your argument that there are racist elements in the Tea-Party but they don't reflect it as a whole? Two completely different responses to those questions.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 02:15 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •