Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 166

Thread: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

  1. #21
    Ivan The Terrible > All
    Ivan The Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Last Seen
    02-14-12 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Free thought and liberty is worse than slavery...????

    Huh?
    American Liberalism is not about free thought and liberty.
    "Miss quote? It's an outright fabrication!" Myself in response to Iriemon's post.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Liberalism is worse than slavery. Haha, you can always count on apdst to serve his white masters. See? Hyperbole for the whole family. It kind of showcases the level of stupidity supported by the weakest debaters in the forum.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #23
    Ivan The Terrible > All
    Ivan The Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Last Seen
    02-14-12 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Liberalism is worse than slavery. Haha, you can always count on apdst to serve his white masters. See? Hyperbole for the whole family. It kind of showcases the level of stupidity supported by the weakest debaters in the forum.
    Could you please state why you felt his statement was stupid?
    "Miss quote? It's an outright fabrication!" Myself in response to Iriemon's post.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Terrible View Post
    If you are black and conservative the NAACP and the Democrats WILL condemn you.
    If you are black and liberal the Republicans WILL call you dumb.
    Take your pick.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Terrible View Post
    Could you please state why you felt his statement was stupid?
    How would one go about declaring that the systematic use of A) capitalism and B) democracy to enslave millions of humans is worse than a political ideology with dozens of variations? You couldn't. You'd simply have to overlook the fact that liberalism is an ideology that when practiced has had different effects in different places. Slavery on the other hand is a practice is exactly the same everywhere. It doesn't vary. Liberalism in Canada for example is completely different than liberalism slavery always involves the enslavement of human beings. After doing all this, hope to the aqua buddha that nobody who's read a book on slavery and a book on liberalism hears you. Why? Because somebody who's knowledgeable in both subjects simply would not agree with what it is you're saying. It's a rhetorical comment meant to muster the emotional glands of those who support his ideology. Nothing else. It's not a comment liberal or conservative academia would agree with. It's not a statement that liberal or conservative historians would agree with. It's not even a comment that the average politician would agree with. It's a stupid comment. Do you disagree?

    However we can always give you the litmus test:

    Would you rather be a slave or a liberal?

    All joking aside, I think you, Ivan the Terrible would prefer having certain ideas about the world and a liberty to go around in the world long before you chose being somebody's slave. Or will you argue that all liberals are slaves? I've never been whipped by anyone into joining a social program. I've never even been forced to have an abortion. What about religion? I chose to not follow it. I hope that the day liberalism is actually worse than slavery you are allowed to do some of these things. But then it wouldn't be slavery now would it?

    Please, cut the hyperbolic. I don't even know who you are and I'm starting to dislike you because of the kind of stupidity you support.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 01:37 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Its very hard to explain what he is saying, but here goes my attempt. There is generations of blacks on welfare, food stamps, and are generally decided on the idea that the government is what they need to equalize the world. This is however part of the virus that is caught by the progressives in the country. They all believe that the government is the great equalizer and what is needed to eliminate the world of all great evils, but no group is effected so fully as minorities that are already down and easily leaded if you can provide them a easy way out. As a result the community as whole is almost completely decided that they have no way out. This is only compounded with the fundings of schools and the school problems in general in the country. All you need to control a people is not a chain, but a dependence and the lack of information on what their real chances are.

    Oh and yes, my second post will be in the hello forum. This I wanted to respond to first.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-21-10 at 01:47 AM.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Its very hard to explain what he is saying, but here goes my attempt. There is generations of blacks on welfare, food stamps, and are generally decided on the idea that the government is what they need to equalize the world. This is however part of the virus that is caught by the progressives in the country. They all believe that the government is the great equalizer and what is needed to eliminate the world of all great evils, but no group is effected so fully as minorities that are already down and easily leaded if you can provide them a easy way out. As a result the community as whole is almost completely decided that they have no way out. This is only compounded with the fundings of schools and the school problems in general in the country. All you need to control a people is not a chain, but a dependence and the lack of information on what their real chances are.

    Oh and yes, my second post will be in the hello forum. This I wanted to respond to first.
    Sorry, still not buying it and your argument is not a refutation of anything that I'm saying. He precisely went after 'liberalism'. That by default makes his attack a generalisation. The fact that more blacks, and people in general, today have access to education simply disproves all of that. What about preventable deceases? Are more blacks dying today from illnessess than 200 years ago? Sorry, the reality is that liberalism and liberal social movements have actually improved the living standards of most people around the world. More women today have the right to vote than ever in the history of humanity. This is because of a liberal movement. More women today are allowed to walk down the street and wear what they please without religious persecution than ever in the history of man kind. Once again, the fault of a liberal movement. Millions of people who you claim are 'dependent' on liberal programs have actually moved on to be tax payers like everyone else. Just look at all those conservative commentators who went to federally funded universities. Are they slaves too? You can argue all day that some social programs have led to dependency. Yes and so does pork barrel spending funding for agricultural programs which are highly sought after by the conservative percentage of our society which is not urban. Conservative farmers dependent on subsidies elect conservative politicians hoping they'll bring some of that money home. Is that not a form of dependency and by your definition 'slavery'? Of course it's not but to be consistent you'd have to argue that it is and thus prove that you're simply being facetious to get sympathy points from other radicals. Look, don't attempt to validate a stupid comment and just move on.

    By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-10 at 02:06 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #28
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    If you are black and liberal the Republicans WILL call you dumb.
    Take your pick.
    No, if you are liberal... black, white or otherwise, some republicans might call you dumb... but race has nothing to do with it. It's purely an ideological judgment and no distinction is made based on race.

    On the other hand, if you are black and conservative, you will be called an "uncle Tom", a "sell out", an "Oreo" and even a "traitor"... all of which are racially based judgments, not ideologically driven ones.

    Like it or not, that's the truth pal... even if you're not honest enough to admit it.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey
    He precisely went after 'liberalism'. That by default makes his attack a generalisation.
    Liberalism doesn't really exist and the classic definition which you are using so freely does not have anything do with liberals of today, so its very easy to understand what he was saying.

    The fact that more blacks, and people in general, today have access to education simply disproves all of that. What about preventable deceases? Are more blacks dying today from illnessess than 200 years ago?
    This is an interesting point, but still it depends on the goals of the enslavement. Neither one of these things disqualify the accusation of enslavement. Education is taught through generations, in schools, in public, etc. If the education at the schools is working with or not disarming the mindset of the public or what is thought by generations its really not helping on ending the enslavement, but instead handing it weapons to enslave.

    I also don't think you can use the treatment of diseases to decide enslavement.

    Sorry, the reality is that liberalism and liberal social movements have actually improved the living standards of most people around the world.
    The improvement in living standards is no measure if people are enslaved or not.

    More women today have the right to vote than ever in the history of humanity.
    A right to vote does not really exist, however, the privilege does not end enslavement by its very existence. It might very well if done by the enslaved of the mind might play into the enslavement. Only if they know what is truly freedom can they really be free and that voting could work to end enslavement.

    Yes and so does pork barrel spending funding agricultural programs which are highly south after by the conservative percentage of our society which is not urban. Farmers dependent on subsidies elect conservative politicians hoping they'll bring some of that money home. Is that not a form of dependency and by your definition 'slavery?
    Indeed. Let me just say this, to say that subsidies would be supported by any conservative is false or at least any conservative that know personality. I want to say that is a minor point to make, but I feel perhaps that is a major part of your argument here.

    Regardless, thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-21-10 at 02:41 AM.

  10. #30
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: NAACP backs report that ties racist groups to tea party

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    No, if you are liberal... black, white or otherwise, some republicans might call you dumb... but race has nothing to do with it. It's purely an ideological judgment and no distinction is made based on race.

    On the other hand, if you are black and conservative, you will be called an "uncle Tom", a "sell out", an "Oreo" and even a "traitor"... all of which are racially based judgments, not ideologically driven ones.

    Like it or not, that's the truth pal... even if you're not honest enough to admit it.
    Last edited by pbrauer; 10-21-10 at 02:51 AM. Reason: formatting


Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •