Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 233

Thread: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

  1. #1
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Why not attend..after all it has the best Suprme Court Justices that CORP Money can buy.

    < A secretive network of Republican donors is heading to the Palm Springs area for a long weekend in January, but it will not be to relax after a hard-fought election — it will be to plan for the next one.>

    <The participants in Aspen dined under the stars at the top of the gondola run on Aspen Mountain, and listened to Glenn Beck of Fox News in a session titled, “Is America on the Road to Serfdom? >

    Gotta get the ole brain washed.

    <To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the $1,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

    Mr. Koch also notes the beautiful setting. But he advises against thinking of this as a vacation.

    “Our ultimate goal is not ‘fun in the sun,’ ” he concludes. “This is a gathering of doers who are willing to engage in the hard work necessary to advance our shared principles. Success in this endeavor will require all the help we can muster.” >

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us...pagewanted=all
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #2
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Why not attend..after all it has the best Suprme Court Justices that CORP Money can buy.

    < A secretive network of Republican donors is heading to the Palm Springs area for a long weekend in January, but it will not be to relax after a hard-fought election — it will be to plan for the next one.>

    <The participants in Aspen dined under the stars at the top of the gondola run on Aspen Mountain, and listened to Glenn Beck of Fox News in a session titled, “Is America on the Road to Serfdom? >

    Gotta get the ole brain washed.

    <To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the $1,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

    Mr. Koch also notes the beautiful setting. But he advises against thinking of this as a vacation.

    “Our ultimate goal is not ‘fun in the sun,’ ” he concludes. “This is a gathering of doers who are willing to engage in the hard work necessary to advance our shared principles. Success in this endeavor will require all the help we can muster.” >

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us...pagewanted=all
    Great, hope they have a wonderful time and do "advance" shared principles of free enterprise, capitalism, and individual wealth creation vs. what we have right now, the Marxist Party promoting their own agenda of keeping power by making people dependent. As Europe abandons their own socialist model, the empty suit in the WH is promoting that agenda here and the leftwing Marxists are doing their best to convince the majority in this country that model works. The ignorance of the non Marxists people that buy the Obama rhetoric is quite staggering.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    ...the empty suit in the WH is promoting that agenda here and the leftwing Marxists are doing their best to convince the majority in this country that model works. The ignorance of the non Marxists people that buy the Obama rhetoric is quite staggering.
    Actually thinking they're fighting communism. Mass delusion, hysteria, political dementia? WTF is it?

  4. #4
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Actually thinking they're fighting communism. Mass delusion, hysteria, political dementia? WTF is it?
    Oh, I don't know, could be costs of National Healthcare, efforts to redistribute wealth, abandonment of support for free enterprise and capitalism, higher unemployment each month of 2010 vs. 2009, a belief that allowing taxpayers to keep more of their money through tax cuts is an expense to the Federal Govt, 3 trillion added to the debt in just two years, and a tone deaf empty suit President whose goal is to change this country into a European style country that has yet to succeed.

  5. #5
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, hope they have a wonderful time and do "advance" shared principles of free enterprise, capitalism, and individual wealth creation vs. what we have right now, the Marxist Party promoting their own agenda of keeping power by making people dependent. As Europe abandons their own socialist model, the empty suit in the WH is promoting that agenda here and the leftwing Marxists are doing their best to convince the majority in this country that model works. The ignorance of the non Marxists people that buy the Obama rhetoric is quite staggering.
    Ha, there isn't a Marxist in the White House. However, one could consider Koch a plutocrat.

    (I knew you couldn't resist coming back, you signed on to DP several times while you were on vacation.)


  6. #6
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Ha, there isn't a Marxist in the White House. However, one could consider Koch a plutocrat.
    Are they all on vacation or something?

  7. #7
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I don't know, could be costs of National Healthcare, efforts to redistribute wealth, abandonment of support for free enterprise and capitalism, higher unemployment each month of 2010 vs. 2009, a belief that allowing taxpayers to keep more of their money through tax cuts is an expense to the Federal Govt, 3 trillion added to the debt in just two years, and a tone deaf empty suit President whose goal is to change this country into a European style country that has yet to succeed.
    President is not responsible for adding $3 trillion to the debt, your hero President Bush is responsible for much of it. When President Obama entered the WH there was a $1.3 trillion deficit waiting for him.


  8. #8
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Are they all on vacation or something?
    That's doesn't make any sense, please interpret.


  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    President is not responsible for adding $3 trillion to the debt, your hero President Bush is responsible for much of it. When President Obama entered the WH there was a $1.3 trillion deficit waiting for him.

    plus a recession plus two unfinished wars.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    And yet I doubt these heroes of self-reliance and the American way will push for the discontinuation of corporate welfare policies. The only kind of welfare state these people will be happy with is one that is ordered around supporting the wealthy.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-20-10 at 05:54 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •