Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 233

Thread: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

  1. #201
    Sage
    Stinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The South
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,068

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Comeon stinger, stick around.Hell, you might convert some of us how to keep on topic....or not.


    Oh, and have a very Merry christmas.
    Naw, I wouldn't fall for the "have you stopped beating your wife" diversions and whenever I tried to post they just tagged teamed me to death. It was there way of having to deal with debate they could not keep up with. But I am honored they keep my memory alive.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius
    Proud member of the Gang of Five, the gang that is always right!
    No Personal Attacks, if you can't debate the issue go elsewhere.

  2. #202
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Naw, I wouldn't fall for the "have you stopped beating your wife" diversions and whenever I tried to post they just tagged teamed me to death. It was there way of having to deal with debate they could not keep up with. But I am honored they keep my memory alive.
    COMEON back stinger, you know you miss us like a long lost cousin.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #203
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Why not attend..after all it has the best Suprme Court Justices that CORP Money can buy.

    < A secretive network of Republican donors is heading to the Palm Springs area for a long weekend in January, but it will not be to relax after a hard-fought election — it will be to plan for the next one.>
    ...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us...pagewanted=all
    How did it work out for them?

  4. #204
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,838

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    How did it work out for them?
    Ask Karl Rove. He's one of the main ones paying a price for taking everyone's $'s, lying to them about he prospects and then losing every single race he invested in with his "Crossroads GPS" superpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Ask Karl Rove. He's one of the main ones paying a price for taking everyone's $'s, lying to them about he prospects and then losing every single race he invested in with his "Crossroads GPS" superpac.
    Karl Rove being an American has severely devalued the worth of being an American.....He reminds me of the creepy nazi in the first "Indiana Jones" movie...........................
    Last edited by Bonzai; 03-20-13 at 01:23 AM.

  6. #206
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Karl Rove being an American has severely devalued the worth of being an American.....He reminds me of the creepy nazi in the first "Indiana Jones" movie...........................
    How so? How can one man's disrespect somehow demean it?

  7. #207
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Ask Karl Rove. He's one of the main ones paying a price for taking everyone's $'s, lying to them about he prospects and then losing every single race he invested in with his "Crossroads GPS" superpac.
    The American people are paying the price for the most incompetent President ever to hold the office and the best you can do is pick on a non elected individual? I continue to wonder what it is about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty where economic results don't matter but rhetoric does?

    Unfortunately there are far too many poorly informed people who put this incompetent individual into the WH for a second term. The one who has lied to the American people is Barack Obama and trillions of dollars taken from the American people later, you continue to focus on Republicans?

  8. #208
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Why not attend..after all it has the best Suprme Court Justices that CORP Money can buy.

    < A secretive network of Republican donors is heading to the Palm Springs area for a long weekend in January, but it will not be to relax after a hard-fought election — it will be to plan for the next one.>

    <The participants in Aspen dined under the stars at the top of the gondola run on Aspen Mountain, and listened to Glenn Beck of Fox News in a session titled, “Is America on the Road to Serfdom? >

    Gotta get the ole brain washed.

    <To encourage new participants, Mr. Koch offers to waive the $1,500 registration fee. And he notes that previous guests have included Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court, Gov. Haley Barbour and Gov. Bobby Jindal, Senators Jim DeMint and Tom Coburn, and Representatives Mike Pence, Tom Price and Paul D. Ryan.

    Mr. Koch also notes the beautiful setting. But he advises against thinking of this as a vacation.

    “Our ultimate goal is not ‘fun in the sun,’ ” he concludes. “This is a gathering of doers who are willing to engage in the hard work necessary to advance our shared principles. Success in this endeavor will require all the help we can muster.” >

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us...pagewanted=all

    Who wrote this ****? Alex Jones? ... If people don't think that demo's are doing the exact same things, then they are the ones brainwashed by the likes of MSNBC, and other lying progressive outlets....

    This is a classic case of blatant op-ed journalism leaning to the far left.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #209
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who wrote this ****? Alex Jones? ... If people don't think that demo's are doing the exact same things, then they are the ones brainwashed by the likes of MSNBC, and other lying progressive outlets....

    This is a classic case of blatant op-ed journalism leaning to the far left.
    Why not ask the person who bumped an almost three year old thread?This is old history that lead to the split in the repug party with the election of the teabaggers in the midterms.The seed that lead to BO's second term.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Why not ask the person who bumped an almost three year old thread?This is old history that lead to the split in the repug party with the election of the teabaggers in the midterms.The seed that lead to BO's second term.
    Aw, yes, you are so right, those evil "teabaggers" who believe in personal responsibility as well as fiscal responsibility. We cannot have that and keep power, can we liberals? The second Obama term was created by the very poorly informed person who continues to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results. No Obama supporter can cite a specific program Obama has implemented that has been a success as evidenced by verifiable economic results.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •