Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 233

Thread: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

  1. #151
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't have any use for Media Matters and over the years have pointed out where they have been wrong offering a leftwing distorted position interesting enough only against Conservatives. I will stick to actual results that I can verify not second or third hand information that only reports part of the story.
    You have NOTHING!!! You don't even seem to know what the mission of Media Matters is.


  2. #152
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The data doesn't have to be wrong for their spin on it to be.
    When they make a statement its most likely unspinning something that faux news has already spun into an unrecognizable pretzel.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Like I said, they provide plenty of documentation when they debunk something. When I Quote from them I usually check the footnotes first.
    I will take your word for it as I gave up on MM years ago and have no use for them. I prefer non partisan sites like the Congressional Record, economic sites like bea.gov and bls.gov, and of course the U.S. Constitution.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    When they make a statement its most likely unspinning something that faux news has already spun into an unrecognizable pretzel.
    This basically says it all for me and comes directly from their website

    Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media. Not a lot of fair and balance there.

    Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will take your word for it as I gave up on MM years ago and have no use for them. I prefer non partisan sites like the Congressional Record, economic sites like bea.gov and bls.gov, and of course the U.S. Constitution.
    Better oil them hot keys up, you will need them for the next two years and one week.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Better oil them hot keys up, you will need them for the next two years and one week.
    Only if the American people stay stupid and haven't woken up. There is no reason to support the failed Obama agenda any more as the results speak for themself

  7. #157
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This basically says it all for me and comes directly from their website

    Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media. Not a lot of fair and balance there.

    Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.
    And what is wrong with that? They do an excellent job by the way. Two thumbs up for Media Matters for America.


  8. #158
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Only if the American people stay stupid and haven't woken up. There is no reason to support the failed Obama agenda any more as the results speak for themself
    The stupid people watch Fox News, the propaganda network.


  9. #159
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    What irks me is the faux patriots, such as yourself waving the flag, saying they support the constitution, while the country is being bought and sold on the auction block to the highest bidder.
    I'll accept that as you chosing to contine with your partisan hack routine. Thank you.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'll accept that as you chosing to contine with your partisan hack routine. Thank you.
    There are many like that here, Obama supporters who want to divert from the actual facts which are the Obama record. If I had higher unemployment each month of this year vs last year, lower economic growth this year vs. last, and added over 3 trillion to the debt, and if every economic prediction I made was inaccurate, I would divert to something else too. You have to keep the base ignorant in order to give Obama two more years to continue his radical agenda.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •