Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 233

Thread: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

  1. #111
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anyone that uses Media Matters or George Soros in any argument, doesn't have a point.
    So you can't argue with the facts either? Another exampole of the politics of personal destuction minus a credible argument?

  2. #112
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I see. Truth is "beyond the pale" when describing heroes of the left if it makes them look bad.
    Please try to be honest and read the prevoius posts? I do not stick up for the left. I do not like the left -- or the right. I think fringe partisans ruin the debate.

  3. #113
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Murder is murder, although if the conviction were shown to be politically motivated and suspect, I would most definitely not use the term without caveats.

    Murder, capital crimes are a totally different set of laws than securities regulations and laws. Nations have laws in this area that make one thing illegal that is legal in another.
    And like I said above, unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal or wouldn't be criminal anywhere else.

    Unless of course you are arguing for a One World Set of Laws? Are you?
    Yes, that's clearly what I'm arguing for.

    Saying Soros is a convicetd felon was beyond the pale.
    No, it was a technical inaccuracy borne out of different classifications of crimes in different legal traditions.

    Saying 'France convicet Soros of insider trading' is correct. Then we get to what he was convicted of and what the scandal involved. Was Soros singled out by the socilaist system you are so admiring?
    I don't know, but you certainly seem to think so. Given your vast knowledge of French securities laws, I'm looking forward to your explanation for why he was wrongly convicted and why the appeals court wrongly upheld that conviction.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #114
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. You pick one story and challenge someone to find a problem with it when they're talking about Media Matters as a whole.

    If you cannot see the problem . . .
    I am sure MediaMatters makes mistakes, but they document their charges, so it is quite simple to catch them.

    My issue with people who attack mediamatters is that they do not follow the sourced links to disprove anything. They just mention Soros. That is not an argument.

  5. #115
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Please try to be honest and read the prevoius posts? I do not stick up for the left. I do not like the left -- or the right. I think fringe partisans ruin the debate.
    I read all the posts. You got completely owned. He's a convicted felon. Your excuse is that he wasn't convicted in the US.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #116
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    I am sure MediaMatters makes mistakes, but they document their charges, so it is quite simple to catch them.

    My issue with people who attack mediamatters is that they do not follow the sourced links to disprove anything. They just mention Soros. That is not an argument.
    Neither is challenging someone to find problems with a single story you cherrypick when the subject is MM as a whole.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #117
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    So you can't argue with the facts either? Another exampole of the politics of personal destuction minus a credible argument?
    What facts, you post an article as was pointed out and then generalize based upon that article that MM has credibility? Not going there with you but suggest you do better research on George Soros and Media Matters before making a total fool of yourself.

  8. #118
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    1) And like I said above, unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal or wouldn't be criminal anywhere else.

    2) Yes, that's clearly what I'm arguing for.



    3) No, it was a technical inaccuracy borne out of different classifications of crimes in different legal traditions.



    4) don't know, but you certainly seem to think so. Given your vast knowledge of French securities laws, I'm looking forward to your explanation for why he was wrongly convicted and why the appeals court wrongly upheld that conviction.
    1) I apologize, I missed the post where you asked for this. Can you link to this instance so I can better address it?

    2) you are arguing for a one world government? If not why not just address the arguments and teh questions? Why play games?

    3) It is no such thing. Everyone in America (except according to you -- people on debatepolitics.com) who hears the phrase 'convicted felon' thinks convicted in America of a federal crime.

    4) You are assuming now? Why? I will say Soros was singled out by the socialits French you are supporting. Wrongly convicted? A wrong conviction is not a judgement I can make. I'm a liberal, not a conservative, so I would never stray so far for political purposes or gain. Think Scooter Libby. (there's that heroic name of the right again)

    I and you can both read what the arguments in Soros' case(s) were. The court of public opinion is outside a court of law. The politics of personal destruction is all some people have.

  9. #119
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I read all the posts. You got completely owned. He's a convicted felon. Your excuse is that he wasn't convicted in the US.
    So Soros is subject to the same penalties and restrictions as all other convicted felons -- in the United States? Because if he is not, he is not a convicted felon.

  10. #120
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Neither is challenging someone to find problems with a single story you cherrypick when the subject is MM as a whole.
    I never argued MM never made errors. The argument is from the right that MM deals with lies and deceptions. I post a link to a MM story as a source and teh right dismisses each story out of hand without a single challenge on facts. HAppens most every time.

    Please stop trying to decieve.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •