Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 233

Thread: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

  1. #91
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Truthfully I don’t give a s*** if wingers plotted at the ant farm, called Aspen, in June, and had Glen Beck, the Rep. from fair and balanced for the customary brain washing.
    Not true. It irks you to no end.

    What does concern me, is that the top lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was also in attendance,as it should concern anyone with an IQ above room temperature.
    Thing is, if you had a real case here, you'd have something other than "even an idiot can see it' to back it up.
    Get back to us when you do.

    Also of concern was the presence of two Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas.
    Because, well, you know, Conservative justices have no right to express their opinions in private.

    Why the concern for the Chamber of Commerce you ask?The business lobby that has vowed to spend up to $75 million on the midterms,primarily on Republicans. BECAUSE IT’S THE CORPORATION FRONT GROUP that takes donations from….
    Yes. GOP money comes from evil, DNC money comes from kittens and sunshine.
    We get it. Was there anything else or were you somply going continue with your partisan hack routine?

  2. #92
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Soros hates america, is a convicted felon and an asshole

    I blame Bush that soros is still around
    Soros is a convicetd felon? Please, where is this fact? What federal crime and in what court was Soros tried and convicted?

    Soros hates Ameica? Gee, I wonder he can hate America if he cares about it so much about it? Maybe more people who claim to love America and get involved in it's workings truly hate America? Do you have a list, or is Soros a lone hater?

    Calling people assholes on a public message board does not contribute to a discussion, or reflect well on the person engaging in name calling.

  3. #93
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You mean the inside trader convict?
    What insider trader conviction?

  4. #94
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Soros is a convicetd felon? Please, where is this fact? What federal crime and in what court was Soros tried and convicted?

    Soros hates Ameica? Gee, I wonder he can hate America if he cares about it so much about it? Maybe more people who claim to love America and get involved in it's workings truly hate America? Do you have a list, or is Soros a lone hater?

    Calling people assholes on a public message board does not contribute to a discussion, or reflect well on the person engaging in name calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    What insider trader conviction?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...ing_conviction

    In 1988, he was asked to join a takeover attempt of the French bank Société Générale. He declined to participate in the bid but later bought a number of shares in the company. French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million, which was the amount that he made using the insider information.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/bu...4397.html?_r=1

    The highest court in France on Wednesday rejected a bid by George Soros, the billionaire investor, to overturn a conviction for insider trading in a case dating back nearly 20 years, leaving the first blemish on his five-decade investing career.

    The panel, the Cour de Cassation, upheld the conviction of Soros, 75, an American citizen, for buying and selling Société Générale shares in 1988 after receiving information about a planned corporate raid on the bank.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #95
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    The French have different laws. Soros was never convicted in a US court of such charges. And Soros is NOT a convicted felon, which is what was charged here on debatepolitics.com Shame.

    And insider trading in American markets is what people are implying. France and other nations it is against the law to fly certain flags or utter certain words in public.

    false charges are always despicable, but they are especially so when fed by media outlets.
    Last edited by Ajay; 10-24-10 at 05:15 PM.

  6. #96
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    The French have different laws. Soros was never convicted in a US court of such charges. And Soros is NOT a convicetd felon, which is what was charged here on debatepolitics.com Shame.
    He was convicted of insider trading. If someone said that he was a convicted felon, that was technically inaccurate as there's not really a french analogue to the term "felon." Nevertheless, he was still convicted of insider trading. Shame on you for either 1) not knowing about it, or 2) pretending like it never happened:

    Quote Originally Posted by you, 5 min ago
    What insider trader conviction?
    ...

    And insider trading in American markets is what people are implying. France and other nations it is against the law to fly certain flags or utter certain words in public.
    And if he were being called a criminal for having been convicted of flying certain flags, you might have a point. He broke the law. Unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal.

    false charges are always despicable, but they are especially so when fed by media outlets.
    What false charges? He was convicted of insider trading. Period.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 10-24-10 at 05:18 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #97
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    He was convicted of insider trading. If someone said that he was a convicted felon, that was technically inaccurate as there's not really a french analogue to the term "felon." Nevertheless, he was still convicted of insider trading. Shame on you for either 1) not knowing about it, or 2) pretending like it never happened:



    ...



    And if he were being called a criminal for having been convicted of flying certain flags, you might have a point. He broke the law. Unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal.



    What false charges? He was convicted of insider trading. Period.
    You added these posts after the fact. Why?

  8. #98
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,504

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Truthfully I don’t give a s*** if wingers plotted at the ant farm, called Aspen, in June, and had Glen Beck, the Rep. from fair and balanced for the customary brain washing.

    What does concern me, is that the top lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was also in attendance,as it should concern anyone with an IQ above room temperature. Also of concern was the presence of two Supreme Court justices, Scalia and Thomas.

    Why the concern for the Chamber of Commerce you ask?The business lobby that has vowed to spend up to $75 million on the midterms,primarily on Republicans. BECAUSE IT’S THE CORPORATION FRONT GROUP that takes donations from….

    The Bahrain Petroleum Company, The Nass Group (Kingdom of Bahrain), Midal Cables (Kingdom of Bahrain), Gulf Air (Kingdom of Bahrain), Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company (Kingdom of Bahrain) and Aluminum Bahrain B.S.C (Kingdom of Bahrain).

    I could go on but the bottom line is that $885,000, SO FAR, has been uncovered that went into to the Chamber’s 501(c)(6) from 84 foreign companies.

    So, yes I get a bit concerned, when it looks like foreign companies are having a bit too much influence on our government. Plus the presence of two representative of our countries highest court, well… that kicked my paranoia antenna into hyper drive.
    Well, at least you recognize it as "paranoia" on some level, anyway.

    Besides, that CoC "foreign money" bull**** was debunked weeks ago. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us...eric_lichtblau

    Sorry; I just can't get worked up at the thought that GASP! a political party is raising money and GASP! it's looking not only at the current election, but the NEXT election, and beyond.

    But then, I'm not paranoid.
    Last edited by Harshaw; 10-24-10 at 05:53 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #99
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    03-20-13 @ 04:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    254

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    He was convicted of insider trading. If someone said that he was a convicted felon, that was technically inaccurate as there's not really a french analogue to the term "felon." Nevertheless, he was still convicted of insider trading. Shame on you for either 1) not knowing about it, or 2) pretending like it never happened:



    ...



    And if he were being called a criminal for having been convicted of flying certain flags, you might have a point. He broke the law. Unless you can give me a detailed explanation of the differences between french and US insider trading laws and the materiality of the information at issue, I don't think you really have much of a basis for your argument that this wasn't a big deal.



    What false charges? He was convicted of insider trading. Period.
    George Soros broke NO American law. We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals. They have all been charged in other countries of crimes, no? What about Vietnam charging Nixon as a criminal? What about a political conviction in another country?

    Charges here lodged at Soros? Despicable? Yes. Why? Pollitical bs meant to deceive and it goes to the politics of personal destruction.

    Soros funds - openly - MediaMatters. What is hilarious is that people who attack MM rarely if ever attacks the content.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    George Soros broke NO American law. We do not recognize convictions in other countries because if we did, CIA and US Military as well as Bush/Chcney admin are criminals. They have all been charged in other countries of crimes, no? What about Vietnam charging Nixon as a criminal? What about a political conviction in another country?

    Charges here lodged at Soros? Despicable? Yes. Why? Pollitical bs meant to deceive and it goes to the politics of personal destruction.

    Soros funds - openly - MediaMatters. What is hilarious is that people who attack MM rarely if ever attacks the content.
    LOL, Media Matters offers content? Now that is funny, MM is a leftwing spin machine that wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse. MM is doing its best to implement the George Soros "one world govt." and to destroy the free enterprise and capitalistic economy that made Soros rich. He got his, the hell with everyone else. Anyone that buys what MM posts doesn't have a lot of credility. Why would anyone believe George Soros and MM?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •