Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Hoping she doesn't want. Her support and tepid legitimizing of the Birther movement alone will make it neigh impossible for me to give her a vote with a good concsious.

    My hope is that a much better candidate would beat her out in the primaries if it came down to it.

  2. #32
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Hoping she doesn't want. Her support and tepid legitimizing of the Birther movement alone will make it neigh impossible for me to give her a vote with a good concsious.

    My hope is that a much better candidate would beat her out in the primaries if it came down to it.
    She wont run. She makes way, way too much money in the private sector. That's why she quit the governor job in the first place, she couldn't do all these book tours and speaking events for six-figure fees until she did.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    She wont run. She makes way, way too much money in the private sector. That's why she quit the governor job in the first place, she couldn't do all these book tours and speaking events for six-figure fees until she did.
    .
    Correct. Why would she run? She's making a ton of money making speeches and rallying the troops. She'd be crazy to run for president and spoil it all. Still, we'll continue to hear from her for a long time, and she will continue to have a following. But we'll never see a President Palin.

    Well, maybe when Bristol gets a little older......
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #34
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Nope, Limbaugh did NOT say that.
    So Rush has an identical twin or something on the following video?

    Limbaugh: I'll Leave US If Health Care Reform Passes (VIDEO)

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Oh jesus christ are we going to go through this again.

    Seriously does the same BS keep getting brought up on like a few month cycle. First it was the "OMG Palin killed McCain's campaign" a few days ago, then it was "OMG the 1993 health care bill is essentially the dem bill", and now its this one.

    -sigh-

    From a few months back

    Correct OV, he said something that in context of nothing more than a snippet of a single phone call that's a few minutes out of about 10 hours a week (taking commercials out of the equation) that could be read as either:

    1) he's leaving the country to get his medical services
    2) he's leaving the country for good

    Both of those are legitimate things to assume based on ONLY the context of that call.

    Now...

    If you add the fact that Rush himself came out and specified what he meant by it:

    "So a guy calls up and says, "If all this happens, what are you going to do?" And I said, "Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica."
    Then add up the fact that Limbaugh has stated on his own program:

    1. He doesn't have insurance
    2. He pays for his medical bills out of pocket
    3. He paid for his medical bills in Hawaii out of pocket.

    So lets see, you have a quote that could easily mean in context "leaving the country" and going to Costa Rica as in moving from the country OR leaving to go there for medical expenses.

    You then have CONTEXT if you actually don't ignore the fact the man speaks for 10 hours a week that shows he himself clarifying what he meant AND showing that it would not make sense for him to go elsewhere and use their insurance when he DOESN'T USE INSURANCE HERE!

    So please...unless NoLingo, Objective Voice, Disney, or others can somehow show me that they're actually mind readers, I'd love to see how you can say that what HE said he meant isn't true.

    Limbaugh says the way you're interpreting it is wrong.
    Context says the way you're interpreting it is wrong.
    Limbaugh's history says the way you're interpreting it is wrong.
    Common sense would then say...You're Wrong.

    But of course, you call common sense
    Limbaugh made a statement of leaving the country if/when the healthcare passed. It was peoples interpritation that he either meant it as in permanently MOVING from the country or simply leaving it for health care. The difference is, one one side there's actual context and actual clarification that verifies it, and on the other side there's.....well, a bunch of people who hate and have spite for Limbaugh and assume to be mind readers without any evidence at all to back up their assumptions other than reposting an ambiguous quote over and over again.

    In your case, with your purpose in sarcastically referencing it and the smiles, its pretty evident your implication is in the "moving out of the country" camp.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So Rush has an identical twin or something on the following video?

    Limbaugh: I'll Leave US If Health Care Reform Passes (VIDEO)
    Fail. This has been debunked ad nauseum. You should really learn to get unbiased and unedited sources. HuffPo is neither.

    I don't get to listen to Rush Limbaugh very often, but I was listening the day this call came in. He was talking about a group of doctors that were going to Costa Rica to open a practice. Limbaugh said he would go there for healthcare, NOT to live.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #37
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Fail. This has been debunked ad nauseum. You should really learn to get unbiased and unedited sources. HuffPo is neither.

    I don't get to listen to Rush Limbaugh very often, but I was listening the day this call came in. He was talking about a group of doctors that were going to Costa Rica to open a practice. Limbaugh said he would go there for healthcare, NOT to live.
    Yes, he didn't actually say he would move, but going to Costa Rica to escape "government-run" healthcare is, uh, a bit strange, seeing as how Costa Rica has a nationalized health care system.

    Not that this is really relevant to the discussion.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #38
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    I wish I could see a Republican or even a third party candidate I could get passionate about. Just don't see one right now. Obama could definitely win by default in 2012. I would have to vote for Palin because she would do far less damage to the country. The issues I see as important are taxes, healthcare re-reform, immigration, unionization of the work force, spending, spending and spending and judicial appointments.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, he didn't actually say he would move, but going to Costa Rica to escape "government-run" healthcare is, uh, a bit strange, seeing as how Costa Rica has a nationalized health care system.

    Not that this is really relevant to the discussion.
    If you read what I wrote, OR listened to the entire segment, you would know that he was talking about seeing American doctors in private practice that went to Costa Rica to avoid the health care reform mandates. He was NOT talking about seeing Costa Rican doctors operating under their national health care system.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Now, back to your regularly scheduled broadcast........

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #40
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin teases Reno crowd about presidential run

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you read what I wrote, OR listened to the entire segment, you would know that he was talking about seeing American doctors in private practice that went to Costa Rica to avoid the health care reform mandates. He was NOT talking about seeing Costa Rican doctors operating under their national health care system.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Now, back to your regularly scheduled broadcast........
    that's funny too........thanks!

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •