Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 159

Thread: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

  1. #61
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Well, once you figure out how logic works, get back to me.
    Why would that at all be necessary -- since you hold the position that all criticism are wholly subjective in nature, all that needs to be done to counter any criticism you make is state the exact opposite opinion.

    Thus, your criticisms are meaningless. Enjoy.

  2. #62
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    It makes me sad that this thread is a partisan pissing contest over which side is responsible. America as a whole is responsible.

    Social security. Medicare. Obamacare. Massive defense budget. Bailouts. Stimulus. Iraq War. Constant tax cuts. Monotonically increasing budget for every project ever

    This list doesn't belong to one party. America has a problem with accepting deficit spending, with never wanting to cut funding to anything, always wanting to cut taxes.

  3. #63
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Why would that at all be necessary -- since you hold the position that all criticism are wholly subjective in nature, all that needs to be done to counter any criticism you make is state the exact opposite opinion.

    Thus, your criticisms are meaningless. Enjoy.
    Perhaps to you they are. However, you are making a mistake in confusing your subjective opinion for objective fact.

  4. #64
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Perhaps to you they are.
    No... they are, period, according to the standard you, yourself, use.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Has to do with how you manuver short term and long term goals. If you subcribe to the notion of short term eexpense to lessen the blow now, and to work on long term goals later to reduce, he may not be responsble for anything that would be considered wrong. We need more of a long term plan from him, but deficit spending in a recession isn't new, or something that wasn't done before he took office.

    Also, I would argue while important, it would be unfair to suggest the deficit is the only issue. As I have stated, we do need to reduce spending and raise taxes if we are serious about the deficit. however, we can't pretend there are not other issues involved, and what we should cut will be debated fiercely.
    Again... I do not completely disagree with any particular point you just made.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The Obama is responsible for every dime that was spent in the time he took office. That a budget may have been passed before He took office is meaningless -- the Buck Stops Here, I recall somone once said.
    Respectfully, I must disagree... even in this case. It's unfair to hold Obama responsible for the 'creation' of deficit that was created under Dubbya. Conversly, it is perfectly fair to hold Obama responsible for 'addressing' deficit, even if said deficit was 'created' under the previous administration.

  7. #67
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No... they are, period, according to the standard you, yourself, use.
    Than you are under the mistake assumption that I ascribe my opinion to other people and do not let them form opinions of their own. I don't think you are that stupid, so I am lead to believe that you are deliberately misunderstanding my posts. Especially given that a few posts up you also mistakenly ascribed absolutes to my argument when I did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Why would that at all be necessary -- since you hold the position that all criticism are wholly subjective in nature, all that needs to be done to counter any criticism you make is state the exact opposite opinion.

    Thus, your criticisms are meaningless. Enjoy.
    Please show me where I made these arguments in an absolute sense.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 10-20-10 at 04:17 PM.

  8. #68
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Respectfully, I must disagree... even in this case. It's unfair to hold Obama responsible for the 'creation' of deficit that was created under Dubbya.
    The point is that GWB stopped spending money once he left office, and The Obama started spending money once he entered office. Every dollar spent is spent voluntarily, and so The Obama -chose- to spend every dollar that was spent after he entered office.

  9. #69
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Than you are under the mistake assumption that I ascribe my opinion to other people and do not let them form opinions of their own.
    Irrelevant to what I said.
    According to your argument, all of your criticisms, regardless of specifics, carry exactly as much force as you stating you don't like the taste of liver.

  10. #70
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Irrelevant to what I said.
    According to your argument, all of your criticisms, regardless of specifics, carry exactly as much force as you stating you don't like the taste of liver.
    Completely relevent as the context is necessary to the understanding of my statements.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •