Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 159

Thread: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Obama is not responsible for causing the deficit he inherited from Bush.

    However, Obama IS responsible for the causing the deficit has has added AFTER he took office.

    Also, Obama is now responsible for ADDRESSING the deficit, regardlees of who CAUSED it.

    Seems fairly simple to me.
    Has to do with how you manuver short term and long term goals. If you subcribe to the notion of short term eexpense to lessen the blow now, and to work on long term goals later to reduce, he may not be responsble for anything that would be considered wrong. We need more of a long term plan from him, but deficit spending in a recession isn't new, or something that wasn't done before he took office.

    Also, I would argue while important, it would be unfair to suggest the deficit is the only issue. As I have stated, we do need to reduce spending and raise taxes if we are serious about the deficit. however, we can't pretend there are not other issues involved, and what we should cut will be debated fiercely.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think you are under the assumption that I am not speaking from what I believe to be true
    Just so long as you understand that it reders meaningless any criticism you might choose to level at someone.

  3. #53
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Just so long as you understand that it reders meaningless any criticism you might choose to level at someone.
    Why? If I think spending is unnecessary, I am well within my rights to criticize them for it, as well as the direct and indirect effects of it.

  4. #54
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Why? If I think spending is unnecessary, I am well within my rights to criticize them for it, as well as the direct and indirect effects of it.
    Yes... and all that is necessary to counter your argument is a statement that said speniding was necessary, absolving whoever spent the money of any blame.

    So, while you have the right to criticize, the effective counter, above, renders it meaningless.

  5. #55
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes... and all that is necessary to counter your argument is a statement that said speniding was necessary, absolving whoever spent the money of any blame.

    So, while you have the right to criticize, the effective counter, above, renders it meaningless.
    What in the world are you gong on about? If I believe something is unnecessary, I have the right to criticize it. Other people's opinions are meaningless to me in this regard. You have this same right. In other words, your opinion has the same bearing on mine that mine does to yours, none. So as long as I am internally consistent, I am fine.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 10-20-10 at 03:18 PM.

  6. #56
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Are you under the impression that necessity and blame are something that is objective instead or subjective or something?
    Irrelevant - YOU think is it subjective, and as such, any criticims you have mean nothing because they are so easily and absolutely countered.

  7. #57
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Irrelevant - YOU think is it subjective, and as such, any criticims you have mean nothing because they are so easily and absolutely countered.
    If you think opinions are objective, than there is something wrong with you. There is no way they can be as the very nature of opinion comes from judgment which is entirely subjective.

  8. #58
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    If you think opinions are objective, than there is something wrong with you. There is no way they can be as the very nature of opinion comes from judgment.
    Again:
    Irrelevant - YOU think is it subjective, and as such, any criticims you have mean nothing because they are so easily and absolutely countered.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    None of that changes my view that it was a good thing.
    who cares about your view

    what's walt minnick's view, patrick murphy's, john adler's, harry teague's, stephonie herseth-sandlin's, carol shea-porter's, loretta sanchez', jerry mcnerny's, mike ross', phil hare's, chris carney's, allen boyd's and the other 80 endangered dems identified by wsj/nbc this morning?

    that's what really matters

    in the NINETY TWO closest house races, 88 of them currently dem, the gop lead is ON AVERAGE a whopping FOURTEEN points

    and that's among REGISTERED VOTERS

    among LIKELY's, therefore, it would have to be pushing TWENTY

    2010 Campaign News: GOP in Lead in Final Lap - WSJ.com

    it must be interesting to someone that YOUR view is what it is

    but it's most apparent that the party, both leadership and membership, is far more concerned about the eye popping plurality of THIRTY NINE PERCENT (68 to 29) who estimate the stim a "waste"

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...us-was-a-waste

    live it, libs, love it, it's YOURS!
    Last edited by The Prof; 10-20-10 at 03:26 PM.

  10. #60
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: National Debt Up $3 Trillion on Obama's Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again:
    Irrelevant - YOU think is it subjective, and as such, any criticims you have mean nothing because they are so easily and absolutely countered.
    Well, once you figure out how logic works, get back to me. This explains why you are so off the mark with so many things though. So thanks, I learned something today

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •