Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    LINK
    The president is set to make a guest appearance next month on the Discovery Channel's "MythBusters," the show where a team of explosion-prone pyrophiles test urban legends. The Obama episode will focus on the so-called "Archimedes death ray."
    Um... doesn't the President have better things to do?

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    LINK


    Um... doesn't the President have better things to do?
    Why? You would just cry if he did something else anyway.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,521

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Ummm...don't the mythbusters have better things to do?

    I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure they've done the Archimedes Death Ray before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why? You would just cry if he did something else anyway.
    If he did somethign I disagree with, I would certainly not have a problem discussing it. Unlike some Conservatives here, I am not 100% against all things Obama, so your smart comment is misplaced. Care to try again?

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Um... doesn't the President have better things to do?
    Yep.

    If he isn't doing something that day... well by god the economy won't magically fix itself!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 10-18-10 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ummm...don't the mythbusters have better things to do?

    I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure they've done the Archimedes Death Ray before.
    Twice, it seems.

  7. #7
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ummm...don't the mythbusters have better things to do?

    I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure they've done the Archimedes Death Ray before.
    Twice, once with a bunch of college kids in a competition(one of whom became a "mythern".

    Yes, I am a geek...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  8. #8
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    They should be testing if mentos+diet coke is superior to faygo for audience saturation at an ICP concert.

  9. #9
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ummm...don't the mythbusters have better things to do?

    I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure they've done the Archimedes Death Ray before.
    They have. It was busted.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    They already did the Archimedes Death Ray, and it was busted. I guess their revisiting it, but if I remember correctly they didn't leave too much room for a revisiting.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •