Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

  1. #31
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Modern tech? They'll be using mirrors from the era Archimedes lived in.

    And why did you quote and make a comment about my sig?
    I know what they will use Eva, I saw the original failed attempts and I think they tried the use of polished metal which will never qork and they knew it before the first try.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I know what they will use Eva, I saw the original failed attempts and I think they tried the use of polished metal which will never qork and they knew it before the first try.
    Um, my name's not Eva.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    To be honest, it doesn't matter, and Obama isn't the first president not to do it.
    I think the correct way to say that is it doesn't matter 'to you'. OR... are you saying your opinion is more important or 'correct' than mine or anyone's to whom this mattered?

  4. #34
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Hey guys, consider for a moment how much of what MythBusters does is about:
    • Blowing stuff up
    • Stuff strapped to a rocket
    • Shooting stuff
    • Running stuff into other stuff
    • Dropping stuff from heights
    • Lighting stuff on fire
    In considering what to do while the President of the United States is on the set with them, they probably said, "Okay, what sounds really really cool in principle but won't actually have any chance of resulting in our being charged with treason?"

    Ta-da!

    ETA: I mean, what the hell were they supposed to do, bring back the Ask a Ninja ninja and have him "teach" the President to catch an arrow between his hands?
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 10-18-10 at 11:00 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #35
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Um, my name's not Eva.
    I was just missing with you and want to publicly apologize for it.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,565

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Hey guys, consider for a moment how much of what MythBusters does is about:
    • Blowing stuff up
    • Stuff strapped to a rocket
    • Shooting stuff
    • Running stuff into other stuff
    • Dropping stuff from heights
    • Lighting stuff on fire
    In considering what to do while the President of the United States is on the set with them, they probably said, "Okay, what sounds really really cool in principle but won't actually have any chance of resulting in our being charged with treason?"

    Ta-da!

    ETA: I mean, what the hell were they supposed to do, bring back the Ask a Ninja ninja and have him "teach" the President to catch an arrow between his hands?
    How would anything that happens on Myth Busters be considered treason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,565

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I was just missing with you and want to publicly apologize for it.
    You know better than to miss with a Liberal. They have no sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know better than to miss with a Liberal. They have no sense of humor.
    Which doesn't explain the disproportionate amount of liberally-minded people in stand-up or sketch-comedy. Sometimes people just don't like the jokes, is all.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #39
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Which doesn't explain the disproportionate amount of liberally-minded people in stand-up or sketch-comedy. Sometimes people just don't like the jokes, is all.
    .... I've seen ownage. And then there is this. Lol.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,565

    Re: Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Which doesn't explain the disproportionate amount of liberally-minded people in stand-up or sketch-comedy. Sometimes people just don't like the jokes, is all.
    Yeha, but the guys who draw in the bucks are the Right Wingers. Are there any Libbo comics with names bigger than Larry The Cable Guy, Dennis Miller and Bill Engval? I hope you're not going to use Janeane Garafallo as an example.

    Hatuey, certainly isn't a case in point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •