Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

  1. #51
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I wasn't wrong. Sorry for ya's.
    So, I guess that really is the best you can do.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So, I guess that really is the best you can do.
    The occupation can't begin, until the war ends. At what point did the war end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    The fact that you're even asking that question sort of proves my point about the effectiveness of our troops in a guerrilla warfare situation.

    As for your question, I'll let the man who raised it settle it.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    The fact that you're even asking that question sort of proves my point about the effectiveness of our troops in a guerrilla warfare situation.

    As for your question, I'll let the man who raised it settle it.
    Tell us how they could have done better. From a tactical perspective, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    How the hell should I know? The sum total of my comments on the subject is based upon what should be plain as day to everyone, based on the results of the conflict thus far:

    Our troops aren't stupid, they're well-trained, and with the exception of the bigots they're professional as hell -- but they still suck at fighting a guerrilla war.

    I'm no military genius, I'm just commenting on the obvious things that so many of refuse to admit.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Iraq has been very expensive in terms of lives and doolars for very little gain. If Iraq became paridise on earth, it would have still been too expensive. What many call success in iraq was always related to the awakineing and deopendent upon them continuing to play nice. If at any point they choose to go back to fighting, we're screwed. And gains will be lost.

    While I know some see devastating the country more than we have as a viable option, I'm glad even Bush didn't see that as a proper course. We should not be in the business of such destruction. When defending ourselfs requires such horrible actuions, we might want to consider if we're worhty of surviving (BTW, our survivial was never dependent on this ill conceived invasion).

    And no, for those who asked, our "surge" in Afgahnistan is even less likely to be successful. It too was wrong headed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    How the hell should I know? The sum total of my comments on the subject is based upon what should be plain as day to everyone, based on the results of the conflict thus far
    What are the results thus far and what are you using as a barometer?

    Our troops aren't stupid, they're well-trained, and with the exception of the bigots they're professional as hell -- but they still suck at fighting a guerrilla war.
    Again, what standard are you using to gauge whether, or not, our soldiers suck at fighting an unconventional enemy?

    I'm no military genius, I'm just commenting on the obvious things that so many of refuse to admit.
    Military genius, or not, your credibility rests on your ability to support your comments. especially when you insult the itelligence of other posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    FoxNews.com - Report: Sunni Allies in Iraq Quit to Rejoin Al Qaeda

    Will be interesting to see how the Government handles the defection.
    As they were trained by Western Soldiers, no doubt many will have working knowledge of how they operate.
    To be fair, this is kind of unavoidable. The U.S. had to train them in order to help with the new order in Iraq. Naturally some of them will defect to the enemy and that can't be helped. I don't think it's really a failure.

  9. #59
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What are the results thus far and what are you using as a barometer?
    I already made it clear I think they suck, and the OP for this thread and our propensity for creating militants faster than we can defeat them on the battlefield are pretty good measures of how much.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Military genius, or not, your credibility rests on your ability to support your comments. especially when you insult the itelligence of other posters.
    You're lecturing me on credibility? Really? I've watched you hang onto the losing end of an argument for dear life just because you didn't want to be wrong. I'll at least admit when I made a mistake.

    That's a much better measure of credibility than what will no doubt be your subjective evaluation of my ability so support my comments.
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 10-18-10 at 09:53 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I already made it clear I think they suck, and the OP for this thread and our propensity for creating militants faster than we can defeat them on the battlefield are pretty good measures of how much.



    You're lecturing me on credibility? Really? I've watched you hang onto the losing end of an argument for dear life just because you didn't want to be wrong. I'll at least admit when I made a mistake.

    That's a much better measure of credibility than what will no doubt be your subjective evaluation of my ability so support my comments.
    So, they, "suck", just because you said it? Be careful, all those troop lovin' Liberals are going to smoke your ass over that comment.

    You dog me for being, as you say, on the losing end of every argument, yet you have ZERO evidence to support your contention that American soldiers, "suck". Redress isn't going to be too happy with your performance, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •