Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

  1. #101
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,543

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Let me answer your question with a question:

    A grand master and a player of moderate skill sit down for a game of chess. The game ends in a stalemate -- the grand master with a king and two bishops and the other with just his king.

    Who won?
    That still doesn't explain how the United States military was defeated militarily, in Vietnam.

    Still care to tackle that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #102
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That still doesn't explain how the United States military was defeated militarily, in Vietnam.

    Still care to tackle that?
    It's in the answer to who won the chess game.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #103
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    IOW, it's totally irrelevant to the current discussion, as to battlefield tactics. Yes?
    I'm saying that good things come to those who wait, which seems to be the main thrust of what repeter was saying.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,543

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I'm saying that good things come to those who wait, which seems to be the main thrust of what repeter was saying.
    IOW, you don't have the first goddamn clue?

    You better be really careful. Redress don't like mother****ers who can't back their own bull****. She'll be in here on your ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    IOW, you don't have the first goddamn clue?
    Um, seeing as how I used the expression and then defined what I meant, I know exactly what I meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You better be really careful. Redress don't like mother****ers who can't back their own bull****. She'll be in here on your ass!
    Why are you hiding behind her?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,543

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Um, seeing as how I used the expression and then defined what I meant, I know exactly what I meant.



    Why are you hiding behind her?
    Since you're so much smarter than the rest of us, how about you expalin how the United States military was defeated by the North Vietnamese Communists.

    Or, are you going to continue to answer in riddles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    You're refusing to answer the question because you see my point.

    It's no problem, because even if you played along and let me make my point, you'd just dismiss it out of hand. You refuse to admit defeat, even when you're wrong.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #108
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You're refusing to answer the question because you see my point.

    It's no problem, because even if you played along and let me make my point, you'd just dismiss it out of hand. You refuse to admit defeat, even when you're wrong.
    This deadlock isn't helping anyone, so let me answer who won the chess match for him. Obviously the amateur (insurgents) won, because the odds were heavily against him, and the master (the US) was a shoe-in to win, and could have done a hell of a lot better. Therefore, an amateur's draw against a master is a loss for the master, and a victory for the amateur.

    But that is a rather simplistic comparison to make, and there are a lot of factors that it fails to contend with. Regardless, I have to say, I really liked it
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #109
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That still doesn't explain how the United States military was defeated militarily, in Vietnam.

    Still care to tackle that?
    As in my other post, I'm trying to break this useless deadlock, so I'll answer for Tactical.

    We lost Vietnam because we didn't have the political will to stay in the fight until the end, and Tactical would argue that we further failed to do as well as we should have, and could have, because of a lack of political will.

    Of course, it can still be argued we got out because it wouldnt be worth starting a larger conflict with China, and perhaps cause the world to end.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #110
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Iraqi Sunnis Trained by U.S. Return to al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    This deadlock isn't helping anyone, so let me answer who won the chess match for him. Obviously the amateur (insurgents) won, because the odds were heavily against him, and the master (the US) was a shoe-in to win, and could have done a hell of a lot better. Therefore, an amateur's draw against a master is a loss for the master, and a victory for the amateur.

    But that is a rather simplistic comparison to make, and there are a lot of factors that it fails to contend with. Regardless, I have to say, I really liked it
    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    As in my other post, I'm trying to break this useless deadlock, so I'll answer for Tactical.

    We lost Vietnam because we didn't have the political will to stay in the fight until the end, and Tactical would argue that we further failed to do as well as we should have, and could have, because of a lack of political will.

    Of course, it can still be argued we got out because it wouldnt be worth starting a larger conflict with China, and perhaps cause the world to end.
    Smart as well as practical.

    I like you.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •