Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    Why do you not in kind say "few care about these students?"
    all serious people care about what these kids represent

    the president cares

    it's too late

    sorry

  2. #12
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Yea this Nation can survive if Obama is stopped and only if Obama is stopped. He is on a mission to destroy this Country and he is so damn arrogant that he is getting bolder as his former disciples run for cover and put distance between themselves and his Radical agenda of Marxist based Anti-America policies.

    I spent many hours of yesterday talking with a 21 year old young man who is not well versed in Socialism/Marxism and who had no idea what Black Liberation Theology was all about or that Obama was a devote follower of it through his Church and from his mentor Rev.Wright.

    This young man did know about the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Values those Documents were founded to represent. I know because we discussed this all at length.

    I will also tell you something else he knew. He doesn't dislike Obama he hates him.

    It took me some time to convince him that it's not the man who should be the focus of anger and outrage but the policies, actions and lies, are where hate should come to reside.

    We talked about his fear of a possible coming Revolution and he wondered if the Military would side with the people or Obama.

    This was hard to deal with because at his age many of his friends who were unable to find meaningful jobs joined the Marines and Army for the College Benefits and the immediate money that comes.

    He has a number of these friends, and he tells me that to a man they all hate Obama and the feeling is widespread within both the Army and Marine units these 5 young men are in from Camp Pendleton CA, to Parris Island, SC, to Ft Bragg, NC, West Point and Fort Shafter, in Hawaii.

    These young men I was told were together in school apparently since the 5th grade and keep in touch weekly through Internet.

    I would say this too because I asked if this anger was over who Obama is and didn't get to finish my question when i was interrupted I was told in no uncertain terms that if I was about to refer to race I was way off base because of all of the 6 young people one was Black, two were Hispanic, one was half Filipino, the other two white.

    Non of them ever liked Obama because they found out early that he was too inexperienced for the job. Apparently not one of them liked McCain either, but this young man said they all liked Sarah Palin.

    Gee I wonder why?

    Any way I would have loved to have this young man and a couple of his pals on my old Radio Show. It would have been very informative at least for me.

    As it is I was surprised as this young man Harmon that there are this many Conservatives in a group of 6 young men all about 21 and 22. He again corrected me, saying when they all turned 18 they all registered as Independents.

    So this all tells me there is hope and there are more than just us old guys out here who see Obama for what he really in and not who the propaganda tells people he is.
    I heard the same **** when Bush was in office. "I feel like we will only survive as a country if and when he is out of power," "I wouldn't be surprised if he overturned term limits to stay in the White House" are just two of many hyperbolic statements I remember hearing over the last 8 years (no it wasn't on the forums, and no I can't give a source other than fairly clear memory)
    My point is, with every president, especially as of late, the world seems to be coming to an end. It happened with Bush, Clinton, W Bush, Obama and I'm sure whoever comes next will fall under the same rediculous scruitinty. As I said, I do take issue with many of the same things as you I'm sure. I however take a bigger issue with extreme hatred towards those with opposing views. I feel this way now, the same as I did when Bush was in power. You say yourself that these young people you were talking to were uninformed but afraid, and that is what I take issue with. Way too many people in this country just have no civic education and depend on mainstream media talking heads to tell them what to believe and what to be afraid of. I'm not saying that one should trust a government in everything they do, in fact I believe quite the opposite.

    As a leaving example I will quote your last sentence with a slight modification...

    "So this all tells me there is hope and there are more than just us old guys out here who see Obama/Bush/Clinton/Bush for what he really in and not who the propaganda tells people he is."

    Politicians say things to get elected...much is propoganda, period.

  3. #13
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    all serious people care about what these kids represent

    the president cares

    it's too late

    sorry
    So, I, agreeing with what many of these students have to say am of no value and "few care," because of their proximity to media. These students in the grand political spectrum are much more important than me?

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Bill Clinton back out campaigning 'for everybody that helped Hillary run for president' against Obama - Telegraph

    Española [New Mexico] saw Chilled Bill, a man vindicated by events and who knows he was right to warn of Obama's shortcomings.

    The event, for which nearly 4,000 people crammed into the town square, was for Diane Denish, the Democratic candidate for governor. Behind in the polls, she had supported Hillary against Obama in 2008 and Bill was back to repay the debt.

    Bill, hoarse-voiced but with a glint in his eye, explained that this was his 80th event. He made crystal clear just who he was representing on the campaign trail – and it wasn't Obama. "I planned to do about one stop for everybody that helped Hillary run for president because she's one of only two members of the president's cabinet who cannot participate in politics," he said.
    now, here's an individual who represents a great deal

    sorry

  5. #15
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    I heard the same **** when Bush was in office. "I feel like we will only survive as a country if and when he is out of power," "I wouldn't be surprised if he overturned term limits to stay in the White House" are just two of many hyperbolic statements I remember hearing over the last 8 years (no it wasn't on the forums, and no I can't give a source other than fairly clear memory)
    Yes, and when the next president is elected, we'll hear exactly the same nonsense about him/her. The fact of the matter is the president has limited power, but unlimited ability to be blamed for all of the ills of the nation.

    I think the spewers of hype and nonsense went overboard with Obama, spouting about how he isn't a real American, how he was born in Kenya, how he is a Muslim terrorist, how he is a Marxist, and how he is the honest to god real AntiChrist. I don't remember anything approaching that level of total hooey being tossed at Bush or Clinton. Maybe my memory is bad.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #16
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Please don't change the subject...I agree, Bill Clinton is of great significance. Much more than you, these students, or myself. My question remains; Am I of less significance, asking the same questions as the students who were in close proximity to the president and the media? Because if so, you are making a ridiculous statement based on hyper-partisanship.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    you're fascinating

  8. #18
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, and when the next president is elected, we'll hear exactly the same nonsense about him/her. The fact of the matter is the president has limited power, but unlimited ability to be blamed for all of the ills of the nation.

    I think the spewers of hype and nonsense went overboard with Obama, spouting about how he isn't a real American, how he was born in Kenya, how he is a Muslim terrorist, how he is a Marxist, and how he is the honest to god real AntiChrist. I don't remember anything approaching that level of total hooey being tossed at Bush or Clinton. Maybe my memory is bad.
    Unfortunately I do. The fringe left blamed 9/11 on the Bush administration and I remember many Nazi = Bush comparisons. Before that at least it was just a matter of a blowjob out of wedlock. I do agree with you that it does seem to get worse with each administration though.

    I also agree that the role of president does seemingly be turning into that of scapegoat, especially as of late
    Last edited by Midwest Lib; 10-16-10 at 09:25 PM.

  9. #19
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you're fascinating
    My intention isn't fascination. It's pointing out your ridiculous hyperpartisanship. It appears as if I am wasting my time however, so this will be my last response to you in this thread. If anyone else would like to carry on reasonable debate though, I would be interested.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Young Voters Vent Frustration To Obama In MTV Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    Unfortunately I do. The fringe left blamed 9/11 on the Bush administration and I remember many Nazi = Bush comparisons. Before that at least it was just a matter of a blowjob out of wedlock. I do agree with you that it does seem to get worse with each administration though.

    I also agree that the role of president does seemingly be turning into that of scapegoat, especially as of late
    Come to think of it, they did blame Bush for 9/11. There still are some who believe the crazy conspiracy theory that the US was behind the attack. Not only that, but I can remember Bush being blamed for Hurricane Katrina, not just the response, but the fact that there was a hurricane, as well as the levies failing where the black people lived.

    Yes, exaggeration, hype, nonsense, and wacky conspiracy theories seem to be a way of political life.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •