Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 168

Thread: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

  1. #71
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, actually, it hasn't...!!

    The protections that DADT provided have been removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Uh, yeah! Like that's going to happen. Especially since, now, gays are open game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Prove this. I proved mine, you prove your claim. If there is no process for discharge, then how are discharges going to happen?
    Just bumping this sequence to see if you will actually show proof of your point. I have already proved my claim, now it's your turn.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The ban on gays serving in the military isn't a part of US code.

    I invite you to show me where it is.
    Really, it's not?

    United States Code: Title 10,654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces | LII / Legal Information Institute

    (b) Policy.ó A member of the armed forces shall be separated from the armed forces under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense if one or more of the following findings is made and approved in accordance with procedures set forth in such regulations:
    (1) That the member has engaged in, attempted to engage in, or solicited another to engage in a homosexual act or acts unless there are further findings, made and approved in accordance with procedures set forth in such regulations, that the member has demonstrated tható
    (A) such conduct is a departure from the memberís usual and customary behavior;
    (B) such conduct, under all the circumstances, is unlikely to recur;
    (C) such conduct was not accomplished by use of force, coercion, or intimidation;
    (D) under the particular circumstances of the case, the memberís continued presence in the armed forces is consistent with the interests of the armed forces in proper discipline, good order, and morale; and
    (E) the member does not have a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts.
    (2) That the member has stated that he or she is a homosexual or bisexual, or words to that effect, unless there is a further finding, made and approved in accordance with procedures set forth in the regulations, that the member has demonstrated that he or she is not a person who engages in, attempts to engage in, has a propensity to engage in, or intends to engage in homosexual acts.
    (3) That the member has married or attempted to marry a person known to be of the same biological sex.
    Care to try again?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm not too worried. It's all just posturing until it reaches the Supreme Court. By then, the public pressure to repeal it and the uniform code rules should be great enough. If not, then it will be national security that suffers.
    That's why the military should handle this, vice having it shoved down their throats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Yeah, really, it's not. I would love to try again. I give you Defense Directive 1332.14:

    (1) Homosexual conduct is grounds for separation from the Military Services under the terms set forth in subparagraph 8.a.(2) of this enclosure. Homosexual conduct includes is

    DoDI 1332.14, August 28, 2008

    engaging in, attempting to engage in, or soliciting another to engage in a homosexual act or acts, a statement by a Service member that demonstrates a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts he or she is a homosexual or bisexual, or words to that effect, or a homosexual marriage or attempted marriage marriage or attempted marriage to a person known to be the same biological sex. A statement by a Service member that demonstrates a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts is grounds for separation not because it reflects the Service member’s sexual orientation, but because the statement indicates a likelihood that the Service member engages in or will engage in homosexual acts. A Service member’s sexual orientation is considered a personal and private matter, and is not a bar to continued service under this paragraph unless manifested by homosexual conduct in the manner described in subparagraph 8.a.(2) of this enclosure.

    http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/133214p.pdf
    Pages 17 and 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, really, it's not. I would love to try again. I give you Defense Directive 1332.14:



    Pages 17 and 18
    Yes, I linked to DoDD 1332.14 earlier refuting you. Guess how DoDD 1332.14 came about...hint: it's the DoD taking the law and putting it into a military directive.

    Now, about your claims that you still have not proven...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Student Sidgaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost in Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-19-14 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    160

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Look just in time for Ma & Pa in Jesusland to vote.

  7. #77
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's why the military should handle this, vice having it shoved down their throats.
    When did the military become full of pansies?

    Oh no! The civilians might make us work with teh gays! Whatever shall we do?

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-04-10 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    588

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because the military is not separate from the country. Those who serve are a part of this country, and still bound by, and protected by, our laws.


    Well, What is more Precious to All of Us (Civilians) than Freedom of Speech (??) Therefore why can't a Pfc. tell a Brigadier General to "Go Get Fuc**d" and say "Have Fun Today- I'm Going into Town"

    In the Civilian sector one can of course lose even a Sound solid good position in Industry by telling for example a CEO or equivilent the same thing. Someone at IBM,B of A, US Steel, Ford, MicroSoft, Quallcom, AIG, etc can do it any lose out totally - be even escorted off the premises - BUT - They don't get Locked up. In the Military YOU DO.

    Anybody have a problem seeing it this way and WHY it's necessary??

    Also, being that so many here are so full of advice on how the US Military should rearrange itself - I do wonder IF they've ever served .

  9. #79
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Racine View Post
    Well, What is more Precious to All of Us (Civilians) than Freedom of Speech (??) Therefore why can't a Pfc. tell a Brigadier General to "Go Get Fuc**d" and say "Have Fun Today- I'm Going into Town"

    In the Civilian sector one can of course lose even a Sound solid good position in Industry by telling for example a CEO or equivilent the same thing. Someone at IBM,B of A, US Steel, Ford, MicroSoft, Quallcom, AIG, etc can do it any lose out totally - be even escorted off the premises - BUT - They don't get Locked up. In the Military YOU DO.

    Anybody have a problem seeing it this way and WHY it's necessary??

    Also, being that so many here are so full of advice on how the US Military should rearrange itself - I do wonder IF they've ever served .
    You seem confused. Freedom of speak is not freedom from responsibility for that speech. Further, the odds of getting locked up for cussing out any officer are about nil. There are limitations to your freedom of speech as well.

    By the way, I and many others who advocate for the repeal of DADT have in fact served. In fact, we have at least one active duty person here who advocates for it's repeal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #80
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Judge orders military to stop enforcing don't ask, don't tell

    Speaking of authority, I wonder what Obama could do as Commander and Chief? Could he ignore the judges opinion and set the policy?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •