Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Wow it's October but this is no surprise.

    It is possible this has not one damn thing to do with anything but Political Gain?

    Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze - cbs11tv.com

    MATTHEW DALY, Associated Press Writer
    WASHINGTON (AP) ― The Obama administration, under heavy pressure from the oil industry and others in the Gulf Coast, on Tuesday lifted the moratorium on deep water drilling that it imposed in the wake of the disastrous BP oil spill.

    The six-month ban had been scheduled to expire Nov. 30, but Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said he was moving up that deadline because new rules imposed after the spill have strengthened safety measures and reduced the risk of another catastrophic blowout.

    "The policy position that we are articulating today is that we are open for business," Salazar told a news conference.

  2. #2
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Obama does what the Republicans wanted, Republicans get mad.

    Shocking.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Obama does what the Republicans wanted, Republicans get mad.

    Shocking.
    There you go again.

    WHO exactly can you quote who has come out in the last 30 minutes who is mad about Obama undoing something he should never have done in the first place.

    I say 30 minutes because that's how long the story has been out.

    In case you you didn't know what you are doing it's called Obfuscation and I'll be damned if i am going to explain it again to another liberal.
    Last edited by Councilman; 10-12-10 at 04:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    There you go again.

    WHO exactly can you quote who has come out in the last 30 minutes who is mad about Obama undoing something he should never have done in the first place.

    I say 30 minutes because that's how long the story has been out.

    In case you you didn't know what you are doing it's called Obfuscation and I'll be damned if i am going to explain it again to another liberal.
    You seem mad.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Wow it's October but this is no surprise.

    It is possible this has not one damn thing to do with anything but Political Gain?

    Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze - cbs11tv.com
    How do you know? Can you present evidence that nothing else factored in on the decision?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #6
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How do you know? Can you present evidence that nothing else factored in on the decision?
    Can you present evidence that there were other factors in the decision? It's impossible to prove a negative, as The Messiah is finding out with the accusations he made towards the COC.

    Speaking as an oilfield hand, I'll get excited when MMS starts issueing drilling permits. I think this is nothing more than a political ploy to be able to say, "I lifted the drilling moratorium", and all the while people aren't going to notice that drilling permits still aren't being issued. It will still be a moratorium, except it won't be called a moratorium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can you present evidence that there were other factors in the decision? It's impossible to prove a negative, as The Messiah is finding out with the accusations he made towards the COC.

    Speaking as an oilfield hand, I'll get excited when MMS starts issueing drilling permits. I think this is nothing more than a political ploy to be able to say, "I lifted the drilling moratorium", and all the while people aren't going to notice that drilling permits still aren't being issued. It will still be a moratorium, except it won't be called a moratorium.
    The oil has stopped leaking out, it was always said to be tempory, and there has been pressure to lift it. There may even be more I don't know. BUt to leap to conclusions without actual evidence is kind of stupid, don't you think?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    I thought it was a conspiracy to secretly push the green agenda, that it would never go away. At least thats what I was told by so many.

    Anyway it seems to me to be nothing more than what it was said it was gonna be, a temporary ban to reassess the security and safety regulations to ensure another spill like the BP spill doesn't happen again. Was there pressure by the oil industry? Of course. Can you accurately gauge how much that pressure meant in the end? Probably not.

    What I don't get is how people would think that the largest man-made accidental oil spill in history should not prompt a review of some regulations. Seriously, if something like the BP spill can happen then something obviously aint right.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The oil has stopped leaking out, it was always said to be tempory, and there has been pressure to lift it. There may even be more I don't know. BUt to leap to conclusions without actual evidence is kind of stupid, don't you think?
    What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Administration Lifts 6-Month Oil Drilling Freeze

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I thought it was a conspiracy to secretly push the green agenda, that it would never go away. At least thats what I was told by so many.

    Anyway it seems to me to be nothing more than what it was said it was gonna be, a temporary ban to reassess the security and safety regulations to ensure another spill like the BP spill doesn't happen again. Was there pressure by the oil industry? Of course. Can you accurately gauge how much that pressure meant in the end? Probably not.

    What I don't get is how people would think that the largest man-made accidental oil spill in history should not prompt a review of some regulations. Seriously, if something like the BP spill can happen then something obviously aint right.
    A review by whom? So far, Obama has yet to appoint anyone, with any knowledge of the oil and gas industry, to review the current regulations.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-12-10 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •