Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171

Thread: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contributions

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    The first video title is misleading. It claims the Tea Party as a whole is a racist group.
    = STRAW MAN

    This has already been debunked numerous times.
    = NOT HARD TO DEBUNK A MISCONSTRUED ARGUMENT (STRAW MAN)

    If you wish to continue to claim a small minority of people represent the values and policies of the vast majority, feel free... no one who has even an ounce of common sense is buying it... except for people like you... oh wait.. I did say 'who has an ounce of common sense', didn't I.
    = APPEAL TO IDIOCY Which is putting the same Straw Man back together just to knock him down again under the guise of having legitimate point.

    The second video title is equally misleading.
    = STRAW MAN #2 (Hint the video is a news story)

    If someone didn't bother to actually WATCH the video, they might think this was done by the Florida GOP in it entirety, as opposed to the head of a single county. BTW, the Florida GOP and the National GOP rebuked the sender.
    = So, it's my fault people don't watch videos posted or read articles.

    The point of that clip was to remind you of the ugly racism that has raised its head since Obama took office.


    But I wouldn't expect you to mention that, since it doesn't fit with your spin.
    You're the only one spinning now, sport.

    Third video... same story. Circulated by a single individual, in a small area, and publicly criticized by the National GOP.
    - see response to your comment on clip #2 - again, you missed the point.

    But thank you for watching, most of the partisans around here wouldn't bother.


    I should probably not even comment on the Tea Party videos. It's obvious that anyone who calls them Tea Baggers, isn't really interested in open and honest discussions, but instead, more apt to siply smear an entire group for the doings of a small minority of people.
    The Teabrains represent the GOP base with a sprinkle of lost Libertarians thrown in. Major racism going on with that clan. When they say "take back our country", "from the black guy" is always right under their breath.

    FAIL.
    Sure, sport, you keep building those Straw Men and knocking them down.


    Enjoy.

  2. #82
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    With all due respect to the liberals on this board, only the DNC has been caught and busted for taking illegal foreign contributions and it was under Clinton. For the pretend outrage from moveon.org and the rest is pretty rich.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #83
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    = STRAW MAN

    = NOT HARD TO DEBUNK A MISCONSTRUED ARGUMENT (STRAW MAN)




    = APPEAL TO IDIOCY Which is putting the same Straw Man back together just to knock him down again under the guise of having legitimate point.

    = STRAW MAN #2 (Hint the video is a news story)

    = So, it's my fault people don't watch videos posted or read articles.

    The point of that clip was to remind you of the ugly racism that has raised its head since Obama took office.




    You're the only one spinning now, sport.

    - see response to your comment on clip #2 - again, you missed the point.

    But thank you for watching, most of the partisans around here wouldn't bother.




    The Teabrains represent the GOP base with a sprinkle of lost Libertarians thrown in. Major racism going on with that clan. When they say "take back our country", "from the black guy" is always right under their breath.



    Sure, sport, you keep building those Straw Men and knocking them down.


    Enjoy.
    OOooohhhh............typing in RED.....................look out, he means business now boys!
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Why is it that the White House can make apparently baseless accusations against political opponents
    A pack of corporations anonymously ganging up on American democracy does not strike me as "political opposition" so much as an attempt to buy election outcomes, but for the moment it's true to say we don't know where their funding comes from. It is also true to say that campaign finance law as corrupted by the ironically-labeled "Citizens United" Supreme Court decision would permit them to accept unlimited amounts of money from foreign sources for the purpose of waging crazed smear campaigns against Democrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    and those opponents have to prove the accusations are false? I'm was always taught 'innocent until proven guilty', not 'innocent unless you piss of Barack Obama'.
    That might be a pertinent comment if corporations were people, or even if they acted politically on the basis of values, but a corporation is just a machine for generating maximum profit: Its representatives are paid to lie, and have no incentive to be scrupulous about things they cannot be held legally accountable for. It is likely that the Chamber of Commerce is waging these smear campaigns with foreign funds because they have no incentive to avoid them. Their response to having this pointed out has been predictable.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 10-12-10 at 09:44 AM.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    = STRAW MAN

    = NOT HARD TO DEBUNK A MISCONSTRUED ARGUMENT (STRAW MAN)

    = APPEAL TO IDIOCY Which is putting the same Straw Man back together just to knock him down again under the guise of having legitimate point.

    = STRAW MAN #2 (Hint the video is a news story)

    = So, it's my fault people don't watch videos posted or read articles.

    The point of that clip was to remind you of the ugly racism that has raised its head since Obama took office.




    You're the only one spinning now, sport.

    - see response to your comment on clip #2 - again, you missed the point.

    But thank you for watching, most of the partisans around here wouldn't bother.




    The Teabrains represent the GOP base with a sprinkle of lost Libertarians thrown in. Major racism going on with that clan. When they say "take back our country", "from the black guy" is always right under their breath.



    Sure, sport, you keep building those Straw Men and knocking them down.


    Enjoy.
    TRANSLATION of HAZLNUT-speak: Anyone who doesn't like Obama is a racist... live with it.

    Um... no thanks. Maybe in 'your' tiny little bubble of a world that is the case, but not where the rest of us live.

    You fail. Again.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    With all due respect to the liberals on this board, only the DNC has been caught and busted for taking illegal foreign contributions and it was under Clinton. For the pretend outrage from moveon.org and the rest is pretty rich.
    Why cloud the issue with facts? Baseless accusations and innuendo is much more their style.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    A pack of corporations anonymously ganging up on American democracy does not strike me as "political opposition" so much as an attempt to buy election outcomes, but for the moment it's true to say we don't know where their funding comes from. It is also true to say that campaign finance law as corrupted by the ironically-labeled "Citizens United" Supreme Court decision would permit them to accept unlimited amounts of money from foreign sources for the purpose of waging crazed smear campaigns against Democrats.



    That might be a pertinent comment if corporations were people, or even if they acted politically on the basis of values, but a corporation is just a machine for generating maximum profit: Its representatives are paid to lie, and have no incentive to be scrupulous about things they cannot be held legally accountable for. It is likely that the Chamber of Commerce is waging these smear campaigns with foreign funds because they have no incentive to avoid them. Their response to having this pointed out has been predictable.
    Maybe this thread belongs in the 'Conspiracy Theory' section

    Yes, of course. back to 'guilty until proven innocent'. Like I said, this is as stupid as the 'birth certificate nonsense' was.

    If this is the best argument the Democrats can come up with for staying in power, no wonder they're goning to lose the House, and possibly the Senate, in November.

  8. #88
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    My hope is that the outcome of this is that any organization with foreign funding will not be able to participate in election spending. It would help dismantle the mess that the SC has created. It won't happen, but one can dream.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Maybe this thread belongs in the 'Conspiracy Theory' section
    Corporate advertising is neither a conspiracy nor a theory - it is, however, devoid of moral or informational content, much like your response. A corporate-funded ad says x because persuading the public of x is to the benefit of the companies funding it, not because anyone involved believes what they're saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Yes, of course. back to 'guilty until proven innocent'.
    Innocence is a quality of a person, not a machine. Your attempt to anthropomorphize business entities is bizarre and inappropriate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Like I said, this is as stupid as the 'birth certificate nonsense' was.
    The analogy is a non sequitur. Repeatedly denying a proven fact because someone can't wrap his head around a black man being an American President is not in the same intellectual cosmos. What I've done is note facts, such as that (a)the Chamber of Commerce does not have to reveal the financiers of its smear campaigns, (b)it is not legally barred from using foreign money in those campaigns, (c)it has no incentive to avoid accepting or even fail to solicit foreign funding, and (d)it does not deny being funded with foreign money, and neither you nor anyone else has argued that it is unlikely for it to be foreign-funded.

    But on a personal level, it frankly bothers me that foreign corporations may be flooding our airwaves with propaganda to manipulate election outcomes. But if you're more worried that our elected leadership may be being unfair to these companies by asking questions about them, that's certainly your prerogative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    If this is the best argument the Democrats can come up with for staying in power, no wonder they're goning to lose the House, and possibly the Senate, in November.
    The Chamber of Commerce can certainly hope to get its money's worth, and there would be no doubt about it if this were an auction rather than an election. But there remains the slight formality of people voting, and Antonin Scalia hasn't yet granted corporations that privilege.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contribution

    May be.. could be... might be.... could one do start to...

    wow... I'm scared.

    This, btw...
    A pack of corporations anonymously ganging up on American democracy
    ...is 100% worthy of conspiracy theory status.

    Essentially, in your mind, corporations are evil. Only the Democrats are pure as the driven snow.

    Do us a favor... stay in your own little world.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •