Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 171

Thread: Rove, Gillespie Slam Obama for Spreading 'Baseless Lie' Over Foreign Contributions

  1. #21
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    again... accusations without evidence.

    .
    Are foreign entities unable to mke secret contributions to influence our elections. The answer is yes they are. Do they? That is another matter, but I didn't make an accusation.
    Last edited by Dezaad; 10-11-10 at 11:10 AM.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Are foreign entities unable to mke secret contributions to influence our elections. The answer is yes they are. Do they? That is another matter, but I didn't make an accusation.
    Think we could have a look at the donors list for Obama's '08 campaign? So far he is keeping that a secret....Why?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by dezaad View Post
    are foreign entities unable to mke secret contributions to influence our elections. The answer is yes they are. Do they? That is another matter, but i didn't make an accusation.
    it's a vast right wing conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Think we could have a look at the donors list for Obama's '08 campaign? So far he is keeping that a secret....Why?


    j-mac
    Various pieces of the list have been released, or discovered...

    LINK

    An analysis of campaign finance records by The New York Times this week found nearly 3,000 donations to Mr. Obama, the Democratic nominee, from more than a dozen people with apparently fictitious donor information. The contributions represent a tiny fraction of the record $450 million Mr. Obama has raised. But the questionable donations — some donors were listed simply with gibberish for their names — raise concerns about whether the Obama campaign is adequately vetting its unprecedented flood of donors.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Obama Scales Back Campaign Finance Criticism After Claims Decried as 'Baseless'

    President Obama on Sunday scaled back his claim that Republicans are taking foreign money for their campaigns, using slightly more ambiguous language at a rally in Philadelphia after GOP strategists warned Democrats against telling "baseless" lies to win votes...

    Obama, speaking at a Philadelphia rally Sunday, hammered the campaign finance theme but left open the question of whether anybody is violating U.S. law by using foreign money.

    "There's no question the other side sees a chance to get back in the driver's seat," Obama said. "They are being helped along this year by special interest groups that are spending unlimited amounts of money on attack ads ... just attacking people without ever disclosing who's behind all these attack ads. You don't know. It could be the oil industry. It could be the insurance industry. It could even be foreign-owned corporations. You don't know because they don't have to disclose."
    From 'They are...' down to 'They could be'...

    I doubt we'll ever get to 'We just don't know, so we made stuff up to win votes...'

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Various pieces of the list have been released, or discovered...

    LINK
    Oh, I know, and thanks for the link. However, don't libs in here find it rather strange that a President that most likely received political contributions from not only this nations enemies, but from foreign entities in the '08 campaign, are now screaming to see a list of donors from the Chamber of Commerce that they do NOT have to provide, then using a communist tactic of demonizing them when they don't? Meanwhile we aren't supposed to look at them.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I know, and thanks for the link. However, don't libs in here find it rather strange that a President that most likely received political contributions from not only this nations enemies, but from foreign entities in the '08 campaign, are now screaming to see a list of donors from the Chamber of Commerce that they do NOT have to provide, then using a communist tactic of demonizing them when they don't? Meanwhile we aren't supposed to look at them.


    j-mac
    Careful, they'll start whining you listen to Rush too much

  8. #28
    Student RosieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    272

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I know, and thanks for the link. However, don't libs in here find it rather strange that a President that most likely received political contributions from not only this nations enemies, but from foreign entities in the '08 campaign, are now screaming to see a list of donors from the Chamber of Commerce that they do NOT have to provide, then using a communist tactic of demonizing them when they don't? Meanwhile we aren't supposed to look at them.

    j-mac
    Most likely? You have a list, which is much more than Rove or Gillespie are providing and yet you moan, groan and complain. Quite the hypocrite, eh?

    You have never heard of nonsensical user names on the computer used for donations? The name doesn't tell the location, the IP addy does. Duh. Via computer is the only way I donated in 2008 and it wasn't under the name RosieS. The IP addy would clearly show I was never out of FL much less the US. Obama's donations were so large due to grassroot American, rather than astroturf, donations from those who had never donated before. Such small, meager $5 donations even overwhelmed all the Friends of Bill who donated to Hillary, much to her surprise.

    Such a non-conspiracy and you moan, groan and complain. Geez.

    Regards from Rosie
    "If you wanna get it done, you gotta fight for yourself." --Meat Loaf, Bat Outta Hell II

  9. #29
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Schieffer mocks Axelrod

    “This part about foreign money, that appears to be peanuts,” chided Schieffer.

    When Axelrod continued to press the issue, Schieffer said almost laughing, “If the only charge, three weeks into the election that the Democrats can make is that there’s somehow this may or may not be foreign money coming into the campaign, is that the best you can do?” (video follows with transcript and commentary):

    http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdSUVr8z2G

    Schieffer Mocks Axelrod: Is Complaining About GOP Ad Dollars

    LOL

  10. #30
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Guilty until proven innocent... according to the White House

    Quote Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
    Most likely? You have a list, which is much more than Rove or Gillespie are providing and yet you moan, groan and complain. Quite the hypocrite, eh?

    You have never heard of nonsensical user names on the computer used for donations? The name doesn't tell the location, the IP addy does. Duh. Via computer is the only way I donated in 2008 and it wasn't under the name RosieS. The IP addy would clearly show I was never out of FL much less the US. Obama's donations were so large due to grassroot American, rather than astroturf, donations from those who had never donated before. Such small, meager $5 donations even overwhelmed all the Friends of Bill who donated to Hillary, much to her surprise.

    Such a non-conspiracy and you moan, groan and complain. Geez.

    Regards from Rosie

    Yeah, yeah Rosie....(talk to the hand) I know, don't look at liberals like Obama, only those evil repubs, and businesses that the libs love to demonize right?

    The Obama campaign committed the most egregious violations of election contribution laws, and they were dismissed with a wave of the hand. Millions came in from foreign countries — which is illegal: the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) “prohibits any foreign national from contributing, donating or spending funds in connection with any federal, state, or local election in the United States, either directly or indirectly.”

    I broke the jaw-dropping story about how tens of thousands of dollars came in to the Obama campaign from a Hamas-controlled camp in Gaza. Al-Jazeera actually ran video of Obama phone banks in Gaza. One large contributor to the Obama campaign was [b]Monir Edwan, who was listed on FEC documents as contributing to Obama from the city of Rafah in the state “GA.” If you were reading quickly, you might have thought it was just a contribution from Georgia. But there is no city of Rafah in the Peach State. Monir Edwan sent money to Obama from Rafah, Gaza.

    » Call For An Audit of Obama’s Campaign Finances - Big Government
    I say, sure the Chamber of Commerce can voluntarily commit to showing how they separate the dues from foreign entities from their general fund, just as soon as Obama grants complete, and unfettered access to his own campaign funds.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •