Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    In response to 1069... you raise a good point. Most of the people who bullied me back in the day were the "good kids", and I was made fun of because of my sensitive nature (which we know isn't okay if you're a "real man"). It was why I think very little happened to them... they were the moral majority and when the teachers were around they mostly behaved. But you know, even sometimes when I was being harassed by them, the teachers stood nearby in silent support.

    I think though that it goes beyond sexual issues... it's the militancy of the middle class education system in general. It encourages conformity and a sort of status quo, and people who think outside of the box or tend to behave with independent attitudes tend to be the nails that get hammered down. The moral majority in this system tend to get more leeway with the behaviours they can get away with because they are openly and willfully conforming to the status quo.

    The same sorts of structures exist in the work place. The working class are expected to perform, look, and behave a certain way. Those who don't tend to be the objects of bullying at the work place because they fall outside of the defined social roles. The bullies in that case are just the working class equivalents of the privileged students in the education system.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Happens all the time here and as for your appeal to the zero tolerance policies did they work in this instance? No, they didn't because the girl committed suicide due to bullying in school. So much for zero tolerance.
    I would say she committed suicide because she had nobody to talk about her problems at school WITH.

    Lack of parenting.

    Too often parents think their job is done when the kids hit kindergarten.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #83
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I would say she committed suicide because she had nobody to talk about her problems at school WITH.

    Lack of parenting.

    Too often parents think their job is done when the kids hit kindergarten.
    Not that I disagree, but this may also not be completely the parents fault. Kids don't like talking to their parents about stuff like this. So, if they parents didn't know it really wasn't all about a lack of parenting.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post

    Telling a girl at that age that she should own her sexuality and feel okay with it, when she's been victimized in that way, is simply not workable.
    I disagree. And I doubt many parents or educators have tried it; at least not lately.

    Example:

    Bully: Slut!

    Erstwhile victim: Slut? What's that, somebody who likes to fvck? Okay. I'll accept that. I like to fvck... like anyone sane. Maybe I'll fvck your boyfriend. Shouldn't be much of a challenge, judging by the competition.

    Bully: Uhhh.... slut.




    Frankly, if the girl DID have any kind of emotional stability, this scenario wouldn't have occurred. Same with a 13-year-old girl who is sending tit shots to a boy. That's a girl who has issues going on, and needs help. That is not normal, healthy sexuality.
    I disagree again.
    But the bullies agree.
    Last edited by 1069; 10-09-10 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #85
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    This is just one of the many excuses people use for having public indoctrination centers. If kids didn't go to school they wouldn't learn how to socialize.
    Public indoctrination centers? Benjamin Franklin had that in mind when he introduced public schooling. And you hate Benjamin Franklin. Because he liked big government. And indoctrinating the youth of this country. It was his goal. That's why he wanted to start this country.
    and so it goes...

  6. #86
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Who cares who's fault it is. What this has to do with politics I'm still unsure. But bullying is on the "news" a lot lately, so its probably Obama's fault.
    and so it goes...

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Who cares who's fault it is. What this has to do with politics I'm still unsure. But bullying is on the "news" a lot lately, so its probably Obama's fault.
    It has everything to do with politics. School boards set the rules and regulations for the day to day operations of every school in America. School board members are elected to office. The environment that has been created by the politcians and the teachers's unions is one where no matter how ****ed up things get within the school system, almost no one can be held accountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Frankly, if the girl DID have any kind of emotional stability, this scenario wouldn't have occurred. Same with a 13-year-old girl who is sending tit shots to a boy. That's a girl who has issues going on, and needs help. That is not normal, healthy sexuality.
    I have to disagree with you here as well. The reason why it's seen as indecent is because people underage are not supposed to engage in sexual behaviours, but they can an do. The internet has become one outlet for that, even if in the rest of society it's deemed as unacceptable. Virtually all teens (or at least boys) start masturbating at an early age. There is sexuality already happening at the outset, and it's normal. She didn't need help, she was expressing herself just as adults do, the only difference is that she was looked down upon because she didn't fit into the tidy morality box.

    It's the bullies that need help. They are repressed do-gooders and they hate being reminded of it by someone who shows liberation, and so they will attack her at the earliest opportunity.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I have to disagree with you here as well. The reason why it's seen as indecent is because people underage are not supposed to engage in sexual behaviours, but they can an do. The internet has become one outlet for that, even if in the rest of society it's deemed as unacceptable. Virtually all teens (or at least boys) start masturbating at an early age. There is sexuality already happening at the outset, and it's normal. She didn't need help, she was expressing herself just as adults do, the only difference is that she was looked down upon because she didn't fit into the tidy morality box.

    It's the bullies that need help. They are repressed do-gooders and they hate being reminded of it by someone who shows liberation, and so they will attack her at the earliest opportunity.

    Agreed.



    ____________

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Public indoctrination centers? Benjamin Franklin had that in mind when he introduced public schooling. And you hate Benjamin Franklin. Because he liked big government. And indoctrinating the youth of this country. It was his goal. That's why he wanted to start this country.
    What revised history book did you read that in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •