Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109

Thread: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

  1. #61
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why don't you get the facts before spouting an uninformed opinion. 9/11 according to the GAO cost this country a trillion dollars of that debt, Katrina, Floyd, Ike were billions more. Iraq and Afghanistan cost about a trillion dollar over the last 10 years. Entitlement cost of living increases are included in that debt as well. Bush increased discretionary spending by 7% over the term of his Administration, discretionary spending accounts for 40% of the budget, the other 60% is entitlement spending.

    So before I get an infraction by going on, I will just say you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about and obviously buy what you are told by others.

    So you obviously have looked very hard for all of the reasons why President Bush added 4 to 5 trillion to the debt. What would you say the 3 Trillion President Obama spent went to? Or do you only look for excuses when its a Republican.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I doubt that anyone buys that bs, four years after Reagan left office you lost your job and it was Reagan's fault? Couldn't have anything to do with the recession and GHW Bush raising taxes?

    I blame the Republicans for spending but cannot support Obama putting that spending on steroids.

    Look, I know that people here reading this post don't have a lot of love for Bush, but take the partisan blinders off and watch Hannity tonight on Fox. You might just learn something about President GW Bush. The replay is tonight at midnight Eastern, Tape it. Well worth it.
    It would be nice if they would watch it. However, I doubt they will. They have their own perception of President Bush that they don't want shattered.
    The man is totally opposite of the president we have today.
    Bush has a real love of country, a sense of humor, and a big heart. He's also very intelligent, despite what the liberals say. After 9/11, his focus was mainly on keeping us safe, and he made me feel very safe.
    Yea, that's a great interview with Hannity. It makes me miss him.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #63
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So you obviously have looked very hard for all of the reasons why President Bush added 4 to 5 trillion to the debt. What would you say the 3 Trillion President Obama spent went to? Or do you only look for excuses when its a Republican.
    This serves no purpose, Bush's record is there for all to see as is Obama's. Bush added 8.5 million jobs from 2001-2008 and then lost jobs in 2008 so he ended up with 6.5 million jobs created. He grew the economy from 9.9 trillion in Dec. 2000 to 14.5 trillion in December 2008. In two years Obama has lost 4 million jobs from Dec 2008, saw a recession end in June 2009 and continued to lose more jobs each month in 2010 than the previous month in 2009 and all this only added 3 trillion to the debt so what did we get for the money? Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts. By the way, GDP is 14.2 at the end of 2009 and up to 14.4 trillion this year. Think about it, that record is what was generated for the 3 trillion added to the debt by Obama so compare that to the Bush record.

  4. #64
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    By the way, GDP is 14.2 at the end of 2009 and up to 14.4 trillion this year. Think about it, that record is what was generated for the 3 trillion added to the debt by Obama so compare that to the Bush record.
    Hardly. Deficit spending was not entirely appropriated to recession issues. There are a **** ton of funding shortages across the entire spectrum of government: from states to townships. Enacting a quality fiscal stimulus was the major blunder of Obama's presidency.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #65
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Hardly. Deficit spending was not entirely appropriated to recession issues. There are a **** ton of funding shortages across the entire spectrum of government: from states to townships. Enacting a quality fiscal stimulus was the major blunder of Obama's presidency.
    Right, Both Reagan and Bush got it right, put the money right into the hands of the consumer, Obama put the money in the hands of his constituent groups that did nothing to stimulate the economy thus prolonged the poor economic growth so he could continue to blame Bush. The recession ended in June 2009 and yet today each month of 2010 the unemployment is higher on a month to month basis vs. 2009. the American people got it on November 2 in historic proportions.

  6. #66
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, Both Reagan and Bush got it right, put the money right into the hands of the consumer, Obama put the money in the hands of his constituent groups that did nothing to stimulate the economy thus prolonged the poor economic growth so he could continue to blame Bush. The recession ended in June 2009 and yet today each month of 2010 the unemployment is higher on a month to month basis vs. 2009. the American people got it on November 2 in historic proportions.
    Reagan engaged in military Keynesianism, and Bush 42 followed. Remember the savings and loan crisis? Remember the sub-prime mortgage crisis? Not something to hang your hat on from an economic standpoint. Credit Volker; he cured stagflation (with the help from fiscal authorities).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #67
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Reagan engaged in military Keynesianism, and Bush 42 followed. Remember the savings and loan crisis? Remember the sub-prime mortgage crisis? Not something to hang your hat on from an economic standpoint. Credit Volker; he cured stagflation (with the help from fiscal authorities).
    I give credit to the American people who got to keep more of their money and it was the people that turned the economy around, not the govt. By the way I have seen nothing from you that would indicate you are a Libertarian.

    Done for the night.

  8. #68
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This serves no purpose, Bush's record is there for all to see as is Obama's. Bush added 8.5 million jobs from 2001-2008 and then lost jobs in 2008 so he ended up with 6.5 million jobs created. He grew the economy from 9.9 trillion in Dec. 2000 to 14.5 trillion in December 2008. In two years Obama has lost 4 million jobs from Dec 2008, saw a recession end in June 2009 and continued to lose more jobs each month in 2010 than the previous month in 2009 and all this only added 3 trillion to the debt so what did we get for the money? Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts. By the way, GDP is 14.2 at the end of 2009 and up to 14.4 trillion this year. Think about it, that record is what was generated for the 3 trillion added to the debt by Obama so compare that to the Bush record.
    So based upon your formula you want to blame President Obama for policys he didnt even put in place. Nothing he did could possibley have started to effect the economy until at least six months into his first term. Would you conceed that?

  9. #69
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Think about it, that record is what was generated for the 3 trillion added to the debt by Obama so compare that to the Bush record.
    What was the name of the President who signed the 2009 Fiscal Federal Budget?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So based upon your formula you want to blame President Obama for policys he didnt even put in place. Nothing he did could possibley have started to effect the economy until at least six months into his first term. Would you conceed that?
    the voters spoke on Nov. 2 and only the true Kool-aid drinkers continue to blame Bush. Amazing then isn't it, 6 months after he took office the recession ended. Glad we agree that he really had nothing to do with ending the recession. Then there is the aftermath of that recession. Unemployment today is higher each month of 2010 than it was in 2009. Guess that is Bush's fault too? All that increased unemployment cost was 3 trillion dollars added to the debt. Guess it is only someone else's money, isn't it?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •