Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

  1. #91
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So your issue with deficit spending is not the spending but what its spent on.
    True, I prefer results and assure you that if the 4 million people who lost their jobs and it really is much higher than that were working we wouldn't have had a trillion dollar deficit each of the last two years.

    Results matter and Obama spending generated only negative results. Had Obama spent the stimulus on pro growth, private sector programs the results would have been much more positive. Krugman said that Obama didn't spend enough, that IMO is BS, instead it was how the money was spent bailing out constituent groups and not doing anything to grow the economy.

    Barack Obama is in way over his head. He never managed anything and the results show total incompetence.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I think Winston was saying that its a choice. Not the whole 9/11 attack itself but where the money to fix it came from. If we had unexpected expenses then we have to stop spending somwhere else. President Bush and a Republican congress chose to not limit spending in other areas. Instead they chose to almost double our national debt.
    I think you are pretty much on target.

  3. #93
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    True, I prefer results and assure you that if the 4 million people who lost their jobs and it really is much higher than that were working we wouldn't have had a trillion dollar deficit each of the last two years.

    Results matter and Obama spending generated only negative results. Had Obama spent the stimulus on pro growth, private sector programs the results would have been much more positive. Krugman said that Obama didn't spend enough, that IMO is BS, instead it was how the money was spent bailing out constituent groups and not doing anything to grow the economy.

    Barack Obama is in way over his head. He never managed anything and the results show total incompetence.
    How do you think we should have stopped the worst economic slide since the great depression and grown the economy?

  4. #94
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    How do you think we should have stopped the worst economic slide since the great depression and grown the economy?
    How can the worst economic slide since the great Depression end without Obama doing anything? Were you around in 1981-82? Ever pay 17+% for a home mortgage? Reagan got us out of it by promoting the private sector, he cut taxes 10-10-5% over three years, that doubled govt. revenue, doubled GDP, and created over 18 million jobs. You and others have been conditioned to believe this is the worst economic mess since the Great Depression by a media that is being totally dishonest. I experienced the 81-82 recession and the tough economic times. Reagan made me a Conservative with his economic polices that generated results.

    Instead of the targeted tax cuts he first should have made the Bush tax cuts permanent. He then should have taken that 842 billion dollars and put it all into the private sector with tax cuts for business, individuals, and real shovel ready jobs. He did no such thing. We have an economy that is consumer driven and right now we have an unemployment rate exceeding 17%. Those people aren't buying anything and the economy is suffering.

    Barack Obama believes the way out is by massive increase in the govt. and our economy wasn't built that way. Lowering tax rates including individual, corporate, capital gains, and estate taxes would have served the country better and wouldn't have cost 842 billion.

  5. #95
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I find your disrespect for the office of the President offencive.

    If you want to get technical, only a 5th grader would compare the budget of the United States of America to a credit card.
    First off I would insult you right back but I'm a Conservative and therefore prohibited from defending myself in kind.

    Secondly on the credit card reference, you need to look up the word analogy and learn it meaning before you go on the attack.

    Lastly, At no time in my life have I ever disrespected this Office or any other with the possible exception of all the Radical Czars Obama has forced on us. I question the authority he can to assign them and expect us to pay any attention to them.

    Just look at the Is Obama's “Safe Schools Czar” for a reason not to respect the Obama.

    Czar Kevin Jennings, the founder of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network, was teaching high school in Concord, Mass., in 1988 when the boy, a sophomore, confessed an involvement with a man he had met in a bus station bathroom in Boston. Jennings has written that he told the boy, "I hope you knew to use a condom."

    I have NO ZERO respect for Obama and I would say it to his face because he is the Anti-American, and proved over and over.

    I have very little respect for Janet Napolitano either but when I confronted her when she was Governor of Arizona about her lax attitude about Mexico a few years ago I was respectful, but it was hard. As far as I know Napolitano is not Anti-American if I had it to do over I would do the same but possibly be harder on her because of recent events.

    Obama on the other hand has been a member of Rev. Wright's Black Liberation Theology Church for 20 years and will not speak out against it, or Wright.

    Since you most likely know that Black Liberation Theology is Marxist and that my friend is Anti-American and I take that very personally.



    I believe in our Constitution and have taken many oaths in my life and not one from the Cub Scouts to Elected office has an expiration date or time limit. It is my duty to fight against any attempt to hurt my Nation and I consider it an honor to be able to do it.

    I am not ashamed of who I am or what I stand for, but Obama's wife even was ashamed of America until they moved in to Government housing and began acting as if the won the Welfare LOTTO,

    Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale

    She Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

    1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
    2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
    3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
    4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
    5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
    8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
    9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
    10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
    13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
    14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
    15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
    16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
    17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
    18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
    19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
    21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)

    22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

    (This is community organizing at it's finest.)
    There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whosesole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.

    Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .

    FRIENDS.....THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL.....MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT'S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????

    I do my homework

  6. #96
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I do my homework
    I can see that. Are you stalking the first lady. Seriously, you know WAY to much.

  7. #97
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How can the worst economic slide since the great Depression end without Obama doing anything? Were you around in 1981-82? Ever pay 17+% for a home mortgage? Reagan got us out of it by promoting the private sector, he cut taxes 10-10-5% over three years, that doubled govt. revenue, doubled GDP, and created over 18 million jobs. You and others have been conditioned to believe this is the worst economic mess since the Great Depression by a media that is being totally dishonest. I experienced the 81-82 recession and the tough economic times. Reagan made me a Conservative with his economic polices that generated results.

    Instead of the targeted tax cuts he first should have made the Bush tax cuts permanent. He then should have taken that 842 billion dollars and put it all into the private sector with tax cuts for business, individuals, and real shovel ready jobs. He did no such thing. We have an economy that is consumer driven and right now we have an unemployment rate exceeding 17%. Those people aren't buying anything and the economy is suffering.

    Barack Obama believes the way out is by massive increase in the govt. and our economy wasn't built that way. Lowering tax rates including individual, corporate, capital gains, and estate taxes would have served the country better and wouldn't have cost 842 billion.
    I was around in 1981-1982 and it was bad. Real bad. I loved Reagan. For none of the reasons you mentioned. What was the cause of the 81-82 recession? I would like to get back to your planned economic policy later though.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I was around in 1981-1982 and it was bad. Real bad. I loved Reagan. For none of the reasons you mentioned. What was the cause of the 81-82 recession? I would like to get back to your planned economic policy later though.
    The cause was Carter economic policy that micromanaged the economy like most liberals try to do. His energy policy was a disaster as were his wage and price freezes. As bad as he was Obama is making him look good and doing a Clinton on us, taking an economy that was improving at the end of a recession and trying to destroy it. The difference between Reagan and Obama is quite the opposite, Reagan believed in the American people whereas Obama believes it is the governments role to redistribute wealth.

  9. #99
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,297
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The cause was Carter economic policy that micromanaged the economy like most liberals try to do. His energy policy was a disaster as were his wage and price freezes. As bad as he was Obama is making him look good and doing a Clinton on us, taking an economy that was improving at the end of a recession and trying to destroy it. The difference between Reagan and Obama is quite the opposite, Reagan believed in the American people whereas Obama believes it is the governments role to redistribute wealth.
    And I believe sir, your hyperbole and rhetoric is full of baloney

    **** this thread makes me want a Big Mac!

    Who's driving?!?!?!?! I've had a couple.
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 11-17-10 at 10:12 PM.

  10. #100
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The cause was Carter economic policy that micromanaged the economy like most liberals try to do. His energy policy was a disaster as were his wage and price freezes. As bad as he was Obama is making him look good and doing a Clinton on us, taking an economy that was improving at the end of a recession and trying to destroy it. The difference between Reagan and Obama is quite the opposite, Reagan believed in the American people whereas Obama believes it is the governments role to redistribute wealth.
    What about opec and the S&L issue.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •