Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What I read says they hate their choice over all. A few wild eyed tea party memebers don't make up the state. Sorry.
    Is that why the polls have her so close and in some cases leading?

  2. #282
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So here is your chance. If they are soooooo easy to defeat, then pick an assertion made by him, and refute it. I will use only Beck's own words to respond if you wish. Let's see you put you money where your mouth is.


    j-mac
    J, just follow any of hsi sociast rants. They're full on nonsense. And he has been rebutted countless times. His entire guilt by association nonsense wouldn't stand anywhere, let alone his mindless board connections that don't really exist. It's sad anyone ever listens to him. It really is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #283
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, just follow any of hsi sociast rants. They're full on nonsense. And he has been rebutted countless times. His entire guilt by association nonsense wouldn't stand anywhere, let alone his mindless board connections that don't really exist. It's sad anyone ever listens to him. It really is.

    So you can't? You are simply making broad assertions, and purposely not being specific so as not to be made to look foolish. I understand that. But everyone can clearly see here that your answer, or non answer as it is, is all one needs to dismiss your own postings on the subject.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you can't? You are simply making broad assertions, and purposely not being specific so as not to be made to look foolish. I understand that. But everyone can clearly see here that your answer, or non answer as it is, is all one needs to dismiss your own postings on the subject.


    j-mac
    J, it's been done before. He has used misinformation and used a little truth, like good liars do, to reach extaggerate conclusions. I've addressed more than a few. If you want a specific one addressed, again, as mindless as it is, please asked and be specific.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #285
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, it's been done before. He has used misinformation and used a little truth, like good liars do, to reach extaggerate conclusions. I've addressed more than a few. If you want a specific one addressed, again, as mindless as it is, please asked and be specific.
    Heh, heh....Nice try....Truth is you are afraid to actually address anything specific, I asked you to pick anything out and address it, and I would use Beck's words to rebut you. Now you dance, and obfuscate, throwing out claims that it has all been done before, like we are supposed to take your word for it. Even more laughable you claim that you have done so before, so I would think it should be NO problem for such an intellect like yours to just pick a Beck topic and destroy the argument....But yet we have your dance.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    J, it's been done before. He has used misinformation and used a little truth, like good liars do, to reach extaggerate conclusions. I've addressed more than a few. If you want a specific one addressed, again, as mindless as it is, please asked and be specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Heh, heh....Nice try....Truth is you are afraid to actually address anything specific, I asked you to pick anything out and address it, and I would use Beck's words to rebut you. Now you dance, and obfuscate, throwing out claims that it has all been done before, like we are supposed to take your word for it. Even more laughable you claim that you have done so before, so I would think it should be NO problem for such an intellect like yours to just pick a Beck topic and destroy the argument....But yet we have your dance.....


    j-mac
    So, you won't be specific because he won't be specific?

  7. #287
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:40 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,032

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He doesn't. He presents arguments that make me shake my head at the silliness. In any formal debate he would be laughed off the stage. He only gets away with it in a venue that doesn't demand much from him.
    Formal debate? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

    There's your party's problem right there. A formal debate is code for a a bunch of people who've never done anything in their lives sitting in a room and talking conceptually about things they have no practical experience with.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What I read says they hate their choice over all. A few wild eyed tea party memebers don't make up the state. Sorry.
    A few ??? Last I heard, she won a majority of the vote in the primary. In a poll that came out today, she increased her lead statewide 50% to Reid's 47% after Reid's dismal showing in the debate. In the words of Bob Scheiffer, "Is that all you've got?"

    I would really like to hear a real explanation of how Reid got to be one of the richest members of the Senate after growing up poor. His sorry answer that he was a good lawyer in private practice and made good investments doesn't fly. According to his website, he was only in private practice for a few years.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #289
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, you won't be specific because he won't be specific?
    Ok, you're right.

    Joe, let's go with an easy one. Beck's argument that Obama was not qualified to be President.

    Ready? Go.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #290
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, you're right.

    Joe, let's go with an easy one. Beck's argument that Obama was not qualified to be President.

    Ready? Go.

    j-mac
    Link his arghument, and I'll attack it when I get back.

    Joe

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •