Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    it's called logic

    LOL!

  2. #212
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    That's why the republicans are promising to repeal and replace it.
    When you are talking 2700 pages, there is bound to be a few good things in it. (although I disagree with your much of it)
    2698 pages is only lawyer blather, where as, where by, party of the first part, etc. That's what most politicians are, you know, "verbose pettifoggers"

    ricksfolly

  3. #213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I will ask again. Point this out in a detailed point, by point refutation. Otherwise you have lost this argument.

    j-mac
    J, it's a logic thing. He makes a leap, and unsupported leap. Nothing he suggests could happen can actually happen. it's the fallacy in his logic. Sunstein doesn't have the power to do anything claimed no matter what silliness he may have said. The tactic is to find a quote and make a leap that simply can't happen. That you don't see this is a concern.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, it's OK for a man in his position to have those views, because they will never happen? His world view doesn't matter? His views will not shape his opinions or actions?

    Interesting philosophy you have there, Sparky.
    it's meaningless. Absolutely meaningless. Even if he wanted to, he simply wouldn't have the power to do so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #215
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, it's a logic thing. He makes a leap, and unsupported leap. Nothing he suggests could happen can actually happen. it's the fallacy in his logic. Sunstein doesn't have the power to do anything claimed no matter what silliness he may have said. The tactic is to find a quote and make a leap that simply can't happen. That you don't see this is a concern.

    BULL! It is happening right now under our noses, it is only you and people like you trying to say don't believe your lyin' eyes.....

    As far as I am concerned you have lost this round badly. Now run along and re educate yourself before you continue please.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #216
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    it's meaningless. Absolutely meaningless. Even if he wanted to, he simply wouldn't have the power to do so.
    Sure he does, and unchecked power at that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian
    So, it's OK for a man in his position to have those views, because they will never happen? His world view doesn't matter? His views will not shape his opinions or actions?

    Interesting philosophy you have there, Sparky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    it's meaningless. Absolutely meaningless. Even if he wanted to, he simply wouldn't have the power to do so.
    So, you're essentially saying that someones point of view or opinion on a given subject should not matter... should not be taken into consideration when considering them for a job? If someone said they believed aliens were stealing their luggage and they thought there should be a law against it, you'd be ok with hiring that person because it doesn't really matter? At what point does someones views actually matter to you?

  8. #218
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, you're essentially saying that someones point of view or opinion on a given subject should not matter... should not be taken into consideration when considering them for a job? If someone said they believed aliens were stealing their luggage and they thought there should be a law against it, you'd be ok with hiring that person because it doesn't really matter? At what point does someones views actually matter to you?
    No, not when it doesn't effect the job. If I'm going to ask him to revampt the judical system, and give them the power to do so, maybe. But as he doesn't have that kind of power, it is meaningless. And in this case, it's really of the hypothetical nature and not anything that could or will ever come to pass. My wife agrees with him, but she wasn't asked about it when she was hired as a nurse. I know a court reporter who agrees as well, nice person, but it didn't disqualify her. Using the illogic Beck uses, we would have no one holding any job because we can always find some thought some one finds silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure he does, and unchecked power at that.


    j-mac
    No, he doesn't. That too is fantasy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    cas sunstein is a nut, as such he's the wrong man for any job in the white house

    van jones was a hater

    kevin jennings, as producer of the various fistgate seminars at tufts, exhibits qualifications exactly the opposite of what logical (LOL!) people would require from a SAFE SCHOOLS czar

    john holdren, one time advocate of forced abortions to curb population explosion, is a radical

    secretary of education arne duncan, former ceo of the chicago public schools, couldn't even get the kids to and from class alive

    google "wave of violence, chicago public schools," if you dare

    it's tragic

    obama is so INSULAR, so ISOLATED (as time's mark halperin described him yesterday on behalf of the entire professional political class except for "hard core obama administration supporters"), he doesn't understand that the kind of people who can rise to stardom in a harvard faculty lounge or at the university of chicago are exactly those that make mom and pop drop their jaws in astonishment

    party on, progressives

    logically

    LOL!

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •