Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #201
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, you give me mere rants, the Beck clip being some of the best satire I've heard in years, and talk about substance? Be serious. You fill your head with nonsense and expect others to treat it as if it were valid. I will no longer do that. Time is too short. If you want to put up something real and vlaid, and can support it properly, with valid sources, and with reasonable discourse, I'll go with you all day. But people like Beck and Obeman (it's not a party thing) have hurt us badly and we should not eat their garbage.
    When you want to actually show point by point where anything Beck said in that clip is wrong, then feel free, you have not done so, therefore you have lost this argument, now move on please.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #202
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When you want to actually show point by point where anything Beck said in that clip is wrong, then feel free, you have not done so, therefore you have lost this argument, now move on please.

    j-mac
    J, it's too over the top. Taking that satire seriously is your error. There's no need. You'd see it to without your willing suspension of disbelief. Look at it this way. Someone says prove there isn't a Santan Clause or an Ester Bunny. Would you spend a lot of serious time on that?

    If you have something valid, bring it. If not, don't expect anyone to dive into the garbage bin. It's that simple.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, it's too over the top. Taking that satire seriously is your error. There's no need. You'd see it to without your willing suspension of disbelief. Look at it this way. Someone says prove there isn't a Santan Clause or an Ester Bunny. Would you spend a lot of serious time on that?

    If you have something valid, bring it. If not, don't expect anyone to dive into the garbage bin. It's that simple.
    LINK
    Sunstein's views on animal rights generated controversy when Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) blocked his appointment to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs by Obama. Chambliss objected to the introduction of Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions, a volume edited by Sunstein and his then-partner Martha Nussbaum. On page 11 of the introduction, during a philosophical discussion about whether animals should be thought of as owned by humans, Sunstein notes that personhood need not be conferred upon an animal in order to grant it various legal protections against abuse or cruelty, even including legal standing for suit. For example, under current law, if someone saw their neighbor beating a dog, they currently cannot sue for animal cruelty because they do not have legal standing to do so. Sunstein suggests that granting standing to animals, actionable by other parties, could decrease animal cruelty by increasing the likelihood that animal abuse will be punished.
    LINK
    Addressing ethical questions about ownership, protection against unjustified suffering, and the ability of animals to make their own choices free from human control...
    LINK
    At a keynote speech given at Harvard University’s “Facing Animals” conference in 2007, Sunstein also stated, “We ought to ban hunting, I suggest, if there isn’t a purpose other than sport and fun. That should be against the law. It’s time now.”
    Sunstein also advocates eliminating greyhound racing, cosmetic testing, and meat eating. He considers livestock rearing “a form of unconscious barbarity not the same as, but in many ways morally akin to, slavery and mass extermination of human beings.”
    All his own words... not Becks.

  4. #204
    Educator Compatibilist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bunkered in 5 klicks from city hall
    Last Seen
    04-23-15 @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    775

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, it's Beck. What thinking person addresses Beck. if this is as valid as you claim, find a valid source. I won't play with Beckish games. .
    Most critical thinking [non liberal] people consider Beck a valid source on many issues.

    You and your lib buddies go on and on slamming Beck while your own heros Maddox, Colbert, Maher...et al... are so far out of touch with mainstream voters,,, they make Beck look like a genius.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Obamanator View Post
    Most critical thinking [non liberal] people consider Beck a valid source on many issues.

    You and your lib buddies go on and on slamming Beck while your own heros Maddox, Colbert, Maher...et al... are so far out of touch with mainstream voters,,, they make Beck look like a genius.
    I don't use them either. I wouldn't use any political entertainers. They are not good sources.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    LINK


    LINK


    LINK


    All his own words... not Becks.
    Miss the point. Sunstein's views don't equal the action will be taken Beck pushes. It's flatly silly to reach the conclusion he does.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #207
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Miss the point. Sunstein's views don't equal the action will be taken Beck pushes. It's flatly silly to reach the conclusion he does.

    like I thought, you have nothing, but simple dismissal. Which I would add is laughable. You have nothing, Beck wins again.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #208
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    like I thought, you have nothing, but simple dismissal. Which I would add is laughable. You have nothing, Beck wins again.


    j-mac
    J, logic is in the conclusions reached. Poor logic equals poor conclusions. A good liar states with a little bit of truth and moves it past the facts, as Beck does in his clip. Again, silliness doesn't require a rebuttal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #209
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, logic is in the conclusions reached. Poor logic equals poor conclusions. A good liar states with a little bit of truth and moves it past the facts, as Beck does in his clip. Again, silliness doesn't require a rebuttal.
    Ok, I will ask again. Point this out in a detailed point, by point refutation. Otherwise you have lost this argument.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Miss the point. Sunstein's views don't equal the action will be taken Beck pushes. It's flatly silly to reach the conclusion he does.
    So, it's OK for a man in his position to have those views, because they will never happen? His world view doesn't matter? His views will not shape his opinions or actions?

    Interesting philosophy you have there, Sparky.

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •