Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Until you wake up one morning and say to yourself, 'How'd we get here?'


    j-mac
    You mean like when we work up and found we invaded countries on a pretext, tortured people, and acted liek imperalist dogs? Already has happened.

    But, your hyperbole doesn't make Keyes' hyperbole any more accurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    while massively expanding the already overly strained, overly depended upon safety net, obamacare CUTS medicare funding by HALF A TRILLION dollars

    McCain Loses Bid to Drop Health Bill's Medicare Cuts

    is THAT spin?

    are the 1099's, the individual mandate, the obligation bankrolled on already bankrupt states to absorb TWELVE MILLION more americans into medicaid (the ghetto of health care) with NO federal backing, the INCREASED traffic thru er's, the difficulties in finding a doctor?

    the pre existers, the portability, the keeping kids til they're 26---these are good ideas, we oughta keep em

    the rest has gotta go

    1/4 of DEMOCRATS have come to see

    POLL: Dislike of healthcare law crosses party lines, 1 in 4 Dems want repeal - TheHill.com

    is that spin?
    Only if you have a D after your name.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    while massively expanding the already overly strained, overly depended upon safety net, obamacare CUTS medicare funding by HALF A TRILLION dollars

    McCain Loses Bid to Drop Health Bill's Medicare Cuts

    is THAT spin?

    are the 1099's, the individual mandate, the obligation bankrolled on already bankrupt states to absorb TWELVE MILLION more americans into medicaid (the ghetto of health care) with NO federal backing, the INCREASED traffic thru er's, the difficulties in finding a doctor?

    the pre existers, the portability, the keeping kids til they're 26---these are good ideas, we oughta keep em

    the rest has gotta go

    1/4 of DEMOCRATS have come to see

    POLL: Dislike of healthcare law crosses party lines, 1 in 4 Dems want repeal - TheHill.com

    is that spin?
    In a sense, yes. Most people like the things in the bill. They want insurance copanies to not be allowed to deny a person with a pre-existing condition, for example. So, ignoring this, and how such wants play to the whole bill, is a compenent of spin.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In a sense, yes. Most people like the things in the bill. They want insurance copanies to not be allowed to deny a person with a pre-existing condition, for example. So, ignoring this, and how such wants play to the whole bill, is a compenent of spin.
    Where do you get your information?

    Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 55% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the new health care law. Only 39% oppose repeal. These figures include 41% who Strongly Favor repeal and 32% who are Strongly Opposed.

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You mean like when we work up and found we invaded countries on a pretext, tortured people, and acted liek imperalist dogs? Already has happened.

    But, your hyperbole doesn't make Keyes' hyperbole any more accurate.

    here we go, listen Joe, it is 2010, not 2003 come on with me to the present, and stop using childish excuses for the actions of your unqualified President.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    here we go, listen Joe, it is 2010, not 2003 come on with me to the present, and stop using childish excuses for the actions of your unqualified President.


    j-mac
    No, you look, you made excuses for that reckless screw up, and then have the never to be this silly? It is an incredible sight to behold.

    But nothing in Keyes' absolute nonsense has anything to do with Obama. It's prue fiction, requiring the listener to willing suspend disbelief to incredible lengths. If you want to actually discuss Obama's accomplishments and actual failures, i'm game. But no one can be taken seriously starting with Keyes' silliness.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Most people like the things in the bill. They want insurance copanies (sic) to not (sic) be allowed to deny a person with a pre-existing condition, for example. So, ignoring this, and how such (sic) wants play to the whole bill, is a compenent (sic) of spin.
    sure, a PLURALITY of THIRTY FIVE % of americans, including ONE FOURTH of dems, want obamacare REPEALED because they LIKE what's in it

    LOL!

    POLL: Dislike of healthcare law crosses party lines, 1 in 4 Dems want repeal - TheHill.com

    and that's NOT spin

    UNDECIDEDS, by a MARGIN of 49 to 27, also favor REPEAL

    do you appreciate the determining role UNDECIDEDS play on election day, when 1000 individual campaigns coast to coast will ultimately determine control of our legislatures?

    in every poll you see, from PATTY MURRAY to gerald connolly in FAIRFAX COUNTY, you must, if you ever want to elevate your awareness to pro status, ASSUME that few of those who have NOT committed to the incumbent ultimately will

    a ratio of one link for every 100 instantly conceived posts, products it appears almost of word association, does NOT substance make

    think

    link

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Where do you get your information?

    Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 55% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the new health care law. Only 39% oppose repeal. These figures include 41% who Strongly Favor repeal and 32% who are Strongly Opposed.
    You did read what I wrote right? Your response doesn't sound like it. I said people support elements while not supporting the bill, a disconnect. Like this:

    A Time Magazine-Abt SRBI poll in late July 2009 found that a large majority of Americans (80%) favored a requirement that insurance companies insure people even if they suffer from pre-existing conditions.[1]

    In September 2009, the monthly Kaiser Health Tracking Poll report said:

    The public’s most unanimous and bipartisan support is saved for a proposal to have the federal government require that health insurance companies cover anyone who applies, even if they have a pre-existing condition. Overall, eight in ten back the proposal, including 67 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of political independents and 88 percent of Democrats.[2]

    Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    http://www.srbi.com/TimePoll4794_Final_%20Report.pdf

    That's the example I gave. Rasmussen is a complte view. Break it down into components, and I think you should see what I'm talking about.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    sure, a PLURALITY of THIRTY FIVE % of americans, including ONE FOURTH of dems, want obamacare REPEALED because they LIKE what's in it

    LOL!

    POLL: Dislike of healthcare law crosses party lines, 1 in 4 Dems want repeal - TheHill.com

    and that's NOT spin

    UNDECIDEDS, by a MARGIN of 49 to 27, also favor REPEAL

    do you appreciate the determining role UNDECIDEDS play on election day, when 1000 individual campaigns coast to coast will ultimately determine control of our legislatures?

    in every poll you see, from PATTY MURRAY to gerald connolly in FAIRFAX COUNTY, you must, if you ever want to elevate your awareness to pro status, ASSUME that few of those who have NOT committed to the incumbent ultimately will

    a ratio of one link for every 100 instantly conceived posts, products it appears almost of word association, does NOT substance make

    think

    link
    No, because they've been hit with so much fear mongering and misinformation that they don't have a good picture. But test my theory, break it down in to parts and ask Rasmussen to ask about each component. I'll bet you I prove correct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #150
    Educator Compatibilist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bunkered in 5 klicks from city hall
    Last Seen
    04-23-15 @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    775

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In a sense, yes. Most people like the things in the bill. They want insurance copanies to not be allowed to deny a person with a pre-existing condition, for example. So, ignoring this, and how such wants play to the whole bill, is a compenent of spin.
    I was in the insurance biz for nearly 20 yrs and you can buy all the same kinds of coverages without obamacare.. simply by paying a higher premium... which is the end result of obamacare. So why should we allow the govt to force us to get something we can buy anyway. If you want any of the coverages that [you say are so wonderful] and imply are unique, simply find a good independent agent and he'll find an underwriter who will tailor your policy to what you want. You might not like the cost... but neither do the majority of americans who are paying for this farce of a law.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •