Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #111
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What I meant was Bush did not spend the amount of money for tax rebates that Obama is. Obama is so busy pointing fingers and blaming others he has failed at his job.
    Again, this is just your spin. And you're still not addressing the point. Bush spent other money. On two needless wars. TARP. Worthless NCLB. Not to mention the entire drug donut hole thing.

    But all that skips the point I keep trying to get your to address: Presidents don't control the economy. But they are expected to do something. it's a lose lose situation for them. But more than anything else they have to be seen as doing something and hope they get lucky, which is why our presidents have always spent money at times like this. And if they don't, we make them pay.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, this is just your spin. And you're still not addressing the point. Bush spent other money. On two needless wars. TARP. Worthless NCLB. Not to mention the entire drug donut hole thing.

    But all that skips the point I keep trying to get your to address: Presidents don't control the economy. But they are expected to do something. it's a lose lose situation for them. But more than anything else they have to be seen as doing something and hope they get lucky, which is why our presidents have always spent money at times like this. And if they don't, we make them pay.
    Tarp? Half of that went to Obama. Obama is still at war and he may have us in Pakistan soon. You keep giving Obama a pass for his failures

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Tarp? Half of that went to Obama. Obama is still at war and he may have us in Pakistan soon. You keep giving Obama a pass for his failures
    Obama started neither war. Pretend though you might, dealing with what you have is not equal to starting needless wars. And half doesn't remove Bush from it. Bush also went to spend money. He had to. you're still skipping the point: Presidents don't control the economy. But they are expected to do something. it's a lose lose situation for them. But more than anything else they have to be seen as doing something and hope they get lucky, which is why our presidents have always spent money at times like this. And if they don't, we make them pay.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    gallup TODAY: 54% of LIKELY voters identify themselves as CONSERVATIVE, up from 40% in fateful 1994

    self styled moderates, since that long ago ascendance of newt, have declined drastically from 48% to TWENTY SEVEN

    Gallup: 54% Of Likely Voters Call Themselves Conservative : It's All Politics : NPR

    THIS is what obnoxious obama has wrought, a complete recoloring of our electorals in bright, boisterous red

    independents, undecideds, the most ENTHUSED, and knuckle dragging CONSERVATIVES---an unbeatable combination

    party on, platos

    and thanks!

  5. #115
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There is spending we have to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So we need to send stimulus checks to dead people? The stimulus has done little to help.

    72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people - Yahoo! News
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's just silly. And doesn't address anything I said.
    Nothing at all?

  6. #116
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Did Obama fill out the forms and the checks personally? I'm sorry, but this type of silliness has happen as long as I've been alive, no matter who was preseident. You're not really addressing anything with this type of effort.
    Well, not every president has signed of on a $1 Trillion "stimulus" package either.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Obama started neither war. Pretend though you might, dealing with what you have is not equal to starting needless wars. And half doesn't remove Bush from it. Bush also went to spend money. He had to. you're still skipping the point: Presidents don't control the economy. But they are expected to do something. it's a lose lose situation for them. But more than anything else they have to be seen as doing something and hope they get lucky, which is why our presidents have always spent money at times like this. And if they don't, we make them pay.
    Obama said he would pull out yet we are still fighting. He has caused much division between us and Pakistan which is hurting our troops supply line.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lol.....obama was BY FAR the better option....how could we take a chance that palin would actually run our country?
    Isn't there a thread here that puts Palins approval right up there with Obama now? :-)

    I know I'd take her over him any day of the week. I'd even take her over McCain.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #119
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do have some knowledge of history. And I lived through Bush, and listened to McCain, who I was prepared to vote for. How far left I am is debatable. I lean left, but have voted not only Grassley in Iowa, but for both Reagan and Dole in past presidential elections. However, none of that is relevant. Obama isn't perfect, but he was and is a reasonable option who has done a middling job so far. he has two more years. We'll see how it goes.
    Just curious, because I really like him. Are you familiar with Steve King? What do you think of him?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #120
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So we need to send stimulus checks to dead people? The stimulus has done little to help.

    72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people - Yahoo! News
    This administration will probably give "free" health insurance to the dead.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •