Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 375

Thread: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

  1. #91
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    "People ask me, 'What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?' Well, that's not my job as a U.S. senator." –Sharron Angle, May 14, 2010

    "We needed to have the press be our friend ... We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported." --Sharron Angle, during an interview with Fox News Channel's Carl Cameron, Aug. 2, 2010

    "Government shouldn't be doing that to a private company. And I think you named it clearly: It's a slush fund." --Sharron Angle, on the BP escrow account set up at President Obama's urging to pay out oil spill claims, Alan Stock Show, July 7, 2010

    "They [Republicans] say, 'You're too conservative.' Was Thomas Jefferson too conservative? I'm tired of some people calling me wacky." --Sharron Angle, March 21, 2010

    Gay parents should not be allowed to adopt children...

    It's part of God's plan that rape victims get pregnant....

    Doesn't believe the Constitution has the separation of church and state...

    Withdrawing from the U.N... Abolishing the EPA... The Dept of Education... much of the tax code...

    Um... Go Sharon...
    I'd say that's about 80% good for me. Close enough for government work.

  2. #92
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A lot of links are not a good substitute for a sound argument. Just saying . . .
    Yeah, where's your evidence....oh, wait, nevermind...

  3. #93
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Man, it just keeps getting better, and better....


    j-mac
    Are you a rich Republican yourself, a wannabe toady, or do you just hate Obama for all the over-exaggerated reasons?

    ricksfolly

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    i find the question demeaning, but i'll answer it for my friend

    if he's like me he holds a very strong and sincere conviction based on years of patient observation of human events that almost universally the policies pursued by this president are very, very deleterious to the well being of our nation

    fair enough?

  5. #95
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So we need to send stimulus checks to dead people? The stimulus has done little to help.

    72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people - Yahoo! News
    That's just silly. And doesn't address anything I said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    When Angle wins, will you admit that it's you who is crazy?
    Why? Being bat crazy doesn't prevent a person from winning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's just silly. And doesn't address anything I said.
    You said this, Obama isn't perfect, but he was and is a reasonable option who has done a middling job so far. he has two more years. We'll see how it goes.

    Now i would say sending money to dead people and Is a failed job.

    Then there is the price each stimulus cost. Another failure

    Stimulus Study: Each DOE job cost $194,000 – Oregon Business News

    A Government Accountability Office report released Thursday shows that the Department of Energy has spent more than $1.9 billion in so-called stimulus funds to create 10,018 jobs through May, an average of $194,213spent per full-time job created.

    “As a small business owner for nearly 22 years, I’m shocked that these jobs cost taxpayers nearly $195,000 each,” U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) said. “Taxpayers deserve more for their investment. This is more evidence that the private sector is far more capable than the federal government at creating the long-term jobs required for a sustainable economic recovery.”

    “It looks like the Department of Energy got in over its head when it was handed $6 billion in stimulus money to create jobs by accelerating environmental cleanup work. This report says that DOE managed its timetables well enough, but it also indicates that so far, the jobs that DOE created cost $194,213 each,” said U.S. Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Why? Being bat crazy doesn't prevent a person from winning.
    Neither does being completely unqualified, inexperienced, and unprepared. Ask President Obama.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Neither does being completely unqualified, inexperienced, and unprepared. Ask President Obama.
    Why ask Obama when Bush already proved that point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You said this, Obama isn't perfect, but he was and is a reasonable option who has done a middling job so far. he has two more years. We'll see how it goes.

    Now i would say sending money to dead people and Is a failed job.

    Then there is the price each stimulus cost. Another failure

    Stimulus Study: Each DOE job cost $194,000 – Oregon Business News

    A Government Accountability Office report released Thursday shows that the Department of Energy has spent more than $1.9 billion in so-called stimulus funds to create 10,018 jobs through May, an average of $194,213spent per full-time job created.

    “As a small business owner for nearly 22 years, I’m shocked that these jobs cost taxpayers nearly $195,000 each,” U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) said. “Taxpayers deserve more for their investment. This is more evidence that the private sector is far more capable than the federal government at creating the long-term jobs required for a sustainable economic recovery.”

    “It looks like the Department of Energy got in over its head when it was handed $6 billion in stimulus money to create jobs by accelerating environmental cleanup work. This report says that DOE managed its timetables well enough, but it also indicates that so far, the jobs that DOE created cost $194,213 each,” said U.S. Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
    Did Obama fill out the forms and the checks personally? I'm sorry, but this type of silliness has happen as long as I've been alive, no matter who was preseident. You're not really addressing anything with this type of effort.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •