Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

  1. #81
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And those republican/tea party candidates doing and saying stupid things have no responsiblity for they say? Gottcha.
    Republicans this year are generally issue-oriented; given the unpopularity of the dem-leadership agenda hey can afford to be. but some democrats are becoming near-unhinged. *coughalangraysoncough*

    Democrats believe they have only one option: a thermonuclear assault on their GOP opponents, which means raising questions about their character, distorting their views, and making outlandish claims.

    Many Democratic incumbents now routinely assert in their ads that Republicans who pledge not to raise taxes support shipping jobs overseas—a claim that the nonpartisan FactCheck.org has found to be false. Oregon Congressman Kurt Schrader featured a senior citizen saying that if Republican challenger Scott Bruun "had his way, I'd be out on the street." Arizona Democrat Harry Mitchell accused Republican David Schweikert of being a slumlord who tried to evict a 12-year-old child. He couldn't produce the boy. Virginia's Gerry Connolly attacked Keith Fimian, his GOP challenger, for working against women's rights because he was a member of Legatus, a respected Catholic lay organization that opposes abortion.

    In a debate last month, Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D., Ark.) accused Republican challenger John Boozman of having voted in Congress to let an incestuous rapist father sue a physician who performed an abortion on the daughter the father had raped. Mr. Boozman had no idea what Ms. Lincoln was talking about, and when challenged she couldn't back up her charge. Mr. Boozman now leads by 19 points in the Real Clear Politics average.

    Personal attacks generally don't work unless they're seen as fair, credible and pertinent. Voters must think the character shortcomings are both persistent and relevant. If not, the assaults will fail, even backfire....

  2. #82
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Masturbation is a SIN.
    lust is indeed a sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you think Christine O'Donnell belongs in congress?
    i think she is a beter choice than Chris Coons.
    Last edited by cpwill; 10-07-10 at 12:28 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,069

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    plus (and i'm not sure this has been commented on), if she was a witch... don't they do their ceremonies naked?


    Last edited by cpwill; 10-07-10 at 12:29 PM.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Republicans this year are generally issue-oriented; given the unpopularity of the dem-leadership agenda hey can afford to be. but some democrats are becoming near-unhinged. *coughalangraysoncough*

    Democrats believe they have only one option: a thermonuclear assault on their GOP opponents, which means raising questions about their character, distorting their views, and making outlandish claims.

    Many Democratic incumbents now routinely assert in their ads that Republicans who pledge not to raise taxes support shipping jobs overseas—a claim that the nonpartisan FactCheck.org has found to be false. Oregon Congressman Kurt Schrader featured a senior citizen saying that if Republican challenger Scott Bruun "had his way, I'd be out on the street." Arizona Democrat Harry Mitchell accused Republican David Schweikert of being a slumlord who tried to evict a 12-year-old child. He couldn't produce the boy. Virginia's Gerry Connolly attacked Keith Fimian, his GOP challenger, for working against women's rights because he was a member of Legatus, a respected Catholic lay organization that opposes abortion.

    In a debate last month, Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D., Ark.) accused Republican challenger John Boozman of having voted in Congress to let an incestuous rapist father sue a physician who performed an abortion on the daughter the father had raped. Mr. Boozman had no idea what Ms. Lincoln was talking about, and when challenged she couldn't back up her charge. Mr. Boozman now leads by 19 points in the Real Clear Politics average.

    Personal attacks generally don't work unless they're seen as fair, credible and pertinent. Voters must think the character shortcomings are both persistent and relevant. If not, the assaults will fail, even backfire....
    No, they really aren't issue-oriented. That's just wishful spin on your part. The entire socialist fear mongering nonsense si not issue-oriented. Being anti establishment and anti-liberal (whatever they mena by that) isn't being issue-oriented. It's being a populist attack dog.

    Pick your race, I bet there's an attack ad being aired.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    "she votes with nancy pelosi 98% of the time"

    "he's a rubber stamp for obama"

    "taxes are going up on the average american 3 to 4000 dollars per year starting in just under 3 months"

    "you hate obamacare"

    good enough for a pickup of 63 seats, according to excrutiatingly cautious rcp

    RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the House

  6. #86
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    plus (and i'm not sure this has been commented on), if she was a witch... don't they do their ceremonies naked?


    Skyclad is optional
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  7. #87
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    "she votes with nancy pelosi 98% of the time"

    "he's a rubber stamp for obama"

    "taxes are going up on the average american 3 to 4000 dollars per year starting in just under 3 months"

    "you hate obamacare"

    good enough for a pickup of 63 seats, according to excrutiatingly cautious rcp

    RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the House
    Like I said, pick a race and the attack ads will be their for all to see. Thanks for backing me up on that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #88
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    I didn't go to Yale. — Christine O'Donnell

    Nor did she go to University of Oxford or Princeton despite claims she has made in the past.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-04-10 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    588

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I didn't go to Yale. — Christine O'Donnell

    Nor did she go to University of Oxford or Princeton despite claims she has made in the past.
    This is WHY Obama is more quietly hopeful than many presently see. Even if the GOP takes Congress it won't be by much, and then the momentum shifts back towards him inspite of any bad economy.

  10. #90
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I didn't go to Yale. — Christine O'Donnell

    Nor did she go to University of Oxford or Princeton despite claims she has made in the past.
    You know how when there's a horrible accident that you know you shouldn't look at, but you look at it anyway?

    This. This campaign is one of those accidents.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •