Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100

Thread: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'


  2. #42
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we are getting tired of people who do what they think will win them elections rather than being consistent and sticking to principles.
    So you're getting tired of Republicans in general?

    Sorry, couldnt resist. You're in a system that THRIVES on pandering and you're complaining about it? If you're tired of getting wet, dont stand in the rain.

    and the only reason why people call anti tax advocates "extreme" is because the dems have gone so far left. Barry Goldwater or Reagan would still be mainstream in the GOP, JFk and HHH would not be welcome in the dem party later folks
    We call anti-tax people extreme because I dont really see a successful way to fund a government that we can live with that doesnt have anything to do with taxation. Any and every successful civilization and empire from the dawn of civilization to now has operated with the principle of taxation and I dont see any viable alternatives presented by any of the anti-tax people.

    The entire movement are like broken records; they repeat "Lower taxes, less government" over and over but dont really seem to have any solid plans except take issues one-by-one. A reactionary movement is not noteworthy; anyone can be reactionary on their own.


    As for O'Donnell, I find her interesting in the same way I find the drunk guy who just fell down three flights of stairs interesting; they provide a source of entertainment. Schadenfreude if you will. I dont think the witch comment made her un-electable, but it certainly didnt help her case any. If she was smart, she'd have dismissed it as a slight bout of verbal diarrhea with no real meaning and moved on. Instead, she took the rookie move and is dwelling on it, trying to explain it and rationalize it. Dumb move for any political figure.

    The voting masses do NOT respond to logic, people are swayed more by emotion than logic. You can spend hours building a perfectly logical argument about something and have it smashed to pieces by someone wielding the baseball bat of an appeal to emotion.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Nancy Pelosi keeps losing Democrats on tax cuts - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

    At least 38 House Democrats have now come out publicly in favor of at least a short-term extension of current income tax rates for couples earning more than $250,000 and individuals over the $200,000 threshhold — bucking calls from Obama and Pelosi to let taxes increase on wealthier Americans.
    Dem letter: Keep tax cuts for rich - John Maggs - POLITICO.com

    Forty-seven House Democrats broke with Democratic leaders Tuesday to call for an extension of current capital gains and dividends tax rates for the wealthy.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as compared to the most powerful female politician currently?
    As compared to normal human intelligence.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    everyone loves a walking-talking train wreck... Just like Palin, you wonder how far she can push the 'stupid' envelope.
    Like Palin, she will be a rich source of humor fodder.

  6. #46
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    As compared to normal human intelligence.
    It's hilarious how these regressives try to play the sexism card while actually comparing the intelligence of Hillary Clinton to Christine O'Donnell. Guess what? If you don't see a difference, you're horrendously sexist.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    How do we know?


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    They have to know that Christine O'Donnell will be a major source of humor and humiliation for the tea party movement. That's why they feel a need to bring up Nancy Pelosi, as if anyone here is a fan.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Christine O'Donnell is a Sarah Palin clone gone amock! I thought Palin shooting moose from a helicopter was nuts! O'Donnell and her "witch crafty" ways....:

    Serioulsy though, I'd be very surprised if O'Donnell won her Delaware Senate bid. She's just too far "out there" to truly be taken seriously. As Reps have said about Pres. Obama's past, such is the case for Christine O'Donnell. It's not just her far-right political views; it's her overall character that's been brought into question. I just don't know of many level-headed people who'd be willing to get behind her. Her party will support her but in the end unless she has those Independent "crossover" votes, she can't win. Her past has come back to haunt her. Her campaign, though not a train wreck, certainly is a mangled mess that may need more than the jaws of live to rescue her at this stage.

    Can you say, "Character assasination"? No? How 'bout "SELF-MUTILATION!"
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 10-06-10 at 03:29 PM.

  10. #50
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Del. Senate candidate O'Donnell: 'I'm not a witch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    So you're getting tired of Republicans in general?

    Sorry, couldnt resist. You're in a system that THRIVES on pandering and you're complaining about it? If you're tired of getting wet, dont stand in the rain.

    We call anti-tax people extreme because I dont really see a successful way to fund a government that we can live with that doesnt have anything to do with taxation. Any and every successful civilization and empire from the dawn of civilization to now has operated with the principle of taxation and I dont see any viable alternatives presented by any of the anti-tax people.

    The entire movement are like broken records; they repeat "Lower taxes, less government" over and over but dont really seem to have any solid plans except take issues one-by-one. A reactionary movement is not noteworthy; anyone can be reactionary on their own.


    As for O'Donnell, I find her interesting in the same way I find the drunk guy who just fell down three flights of stairs interesting; they provide a source of entertainment. Schadenfreude if you will. I dont think the witch comment made her un-electable, but it certainly didnt help her case any. If she was smart, she'd have dismissed it as a slight bout of verbal diarrhea with no real meaning and moved on. Instead, she took the rookie move and is dwelling on it, trying to explain it and rationalize it. Dumb move for any political figure.

    The voting masses do NOT respond to logic, people are swayed more by emotion than logic. You can spend hours building a perfectly logical argument about something and have it smashed to pieces by someone wielding the baseball bat of an appeal to emotion.
    None of these "extremists" are suggesting NO taxes they are talking tax control. Nobody is suggesting we don't fund the government they are just saying reduce the goverment. You call them extremist then attack their extremism with exaggerated rhetoric. Who's the extremist now?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •