Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 204

Thread: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

  1. #141
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

    Oh no. We've lost civilian electricity in many cities. Guess what? Our nukes still work, assholes!
    China (the masters of the smiling F-You). Remember the whole ordeal when the spy plane went down? They talked smack until they had seen what they wanted then smiled and gave it all back....

    It would not surprise me to see us lose a ship or three at the hands of the Chinese military. We would rage and threaten them with some form of retaliation. To which they will smile and tell us to give them our best shot. We might threaten them with our nuclear arsenal, but it would astound me if the Chinese leaders didn't respond with something along the lines of, "We are willing to sacrifice several million lives in order to secure our future, are you? We can hit Seattle, Portland and L.A. in the next half hour if you like..."




    edit: And what the hell does China stand to gain from this bizarre conspiracy? We'll never pay back those loans if they attack us, and they don't have the ability to invade us so it's not like they can capture resources. You've said why there will be conflict, but what does China stand to gain from escalation to a war? Also, that Panama thing is hilarious. You think Panama is going to refuse passage to a carrier battle group?

    Panama is going to interfere with critical US military operations and aid America's enemies openly? Wow.
    What should disturb you is our lack of self reliance in critical industries. Think about WWII. Almost everything we needed for war was produced here. Now, what percentage of components in our weapons systems come from other countries? What percentage comes from the very people that we may one day fight?

  2. #142
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If China were to take over the USA what would the ramifications be on the Chinese mail order bride industry?
    China is the one country I wouldn't be surprised if it used US technology nukes in it's battleplan.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    If you are just coming to a point when you ask what China's long term goald are you have no idea of what Chins as been going from the very day that President Nixon opened China to trade, you have not been paying attention.

    In general all Socialist/Communist/Marxist/Maoist to survive must expand in natural, agricultural, manufacturing, and human resources of face implosion because the System drains all of these resources domestically, along with all the incentives of those who once were the RICH who were over Taxed in order to fulfill the whole manta: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

    It comes to a point when the system collapses and there are no more rich or pecieved rich to take from to give to those who take but contribute little.

    End of story, O'Donnell got it right. There is no greater prize on earth than th U.S.A. that is what the Soviet Union had in mind before it's collapse.
    And then you went insane

  4. #144
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,791

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    China (the masters of the smiling F-You). Remember the whole ordeal when the spy plane went down? They talked smack until they had seen what they wanted then smiled and gave it all back....

    It would not surprise me to see us lose a ship or three at the hands of the Chinese military. We would rage and threaten them with some form of retaliation. To which they will smile and tell us to give them our best shot. We might threaten them with our nuclear arsenal, but it would astound me if the Chinese leaders didn't respond with something along the lines of, "We are willing to sacrifice several million lives in order to secure our future, are you? We can hit Seattle, Portland and L.A. in the next half hour if you like..."






    What should disturb you is our lack of self reliance in critical industries. Think about WWII. Almost everything we needed for war was produced here. Now, what percentage of components in our weapons systems come from other countries? What percentage comes from the very people that we may one day fight?
    You're still dodging the fundamental question: What does China stand to gain from this war, and how is that supposed to offset the devastating damage they'll suffer as a result?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #145
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're still dodging the fundamental question: What does China stand to gain from this war, and how is that supposed to offset the devastating damage they'll suffer as a result?
    It is a huge error to assume that other cultures and other nations have the same values, same motivations and use the same logic that we do. In some areas, yes. But we are more different than we are alike.

    There is another political/economic truism that is largely unknown. Any organization, company or nation becomes in effect a living organism that responds and acts like any other living organism. It is something that is observed from the highest to the lowest level.

    An organism seeks to control its environment as much as possible to optimize conditions for its continued survival and growth. Pay attention to that last word. Growth. Any organism which does not grow will eventually succumb to those organisms that do grow and eventually become larger and stronger.

    Read up on Chinese history both old and modern - full of proof that the lives of their citizens are not important to the government

    Slaughtering millions in the cultural revolution, killing protesters in Tiananmen Square, prisoners labor in slave labor camps and when they die or are executed, their organs are harvested.

    Deuce - Chinese government is perfectly willing to trade the lives of millions upon millions of their people in a nuclear war with the US if they think it will result in the ascension of China and the fall of the US.

    Our government would never do that....

  6. #146
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    It is a huge error to assume that other cultures and other nations have the same values, same motivations and use the same logic that we do. In some areas, yes. But we are more different than we are alike.

    There is another political/economic truism that is largely unknown. Any organization, company or nation becomes in effect a living organism that responds and acts like any other living organism. It is something that is observed from the highest to the lowest level.

    An organism seeks to control its environment as much as possible to optimize conditions for its continued survival and growth. Pay attention to that last word. Growth. Any organism which does not grow will eventually succumb to those organisms that do grow and eventually become larger and stronger.

    Read up on Chinese history both old and modern - full of proof that the lives of their citizens are not important to the government

    Slaughtering millions in the cultural revolution, killing protesters in Tiananmen Square, prisoners labor in slave labor camps and when they die or are executed, their organs are harvested.

    Deuce - Chinese government is perfectly willing to trade the lives of millions upon millions of their people in a nuclear war with the US if they think it will result in the ascension of China and the fall of the US.

    Our government would never do that....
    So once again, you're arguments are complete folly.

    The nuclear war won't just kill millions and millions of Chinese citizens. It will kill most chinese citizens, and most American citizens. It will turn both countries into unhabitable barren radioactive wastelands.

    And so the question is. After all that what does China gain?

    And there is, the fundemental flaw in your terribly thought out argument.

    Fear is strong in you.

  7. #147
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    larger point being she is garnishing this much attention.

    conservatives will vote non-democrat when the entire midterm elections are a referendum on Obama. Liberals will try to save face and vote non-tea party / conservative. no news there.

    problem for dems is 60% of the people who voted for Obama never saw the inside of a voting booth before Obama and probably never will again.
    the x factor.

  8. #148
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,791

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    larger point being she is garnishing this much attention.

    conservatives will vote non-democrat when the entire midterm elections are a referendum on Obama. Liberals will try to save face and vote non-tea party / conservative. no news there.

    problem for dems is 60% of the people who voted for Obama never saw the inside of a voting booth before Obama and probably never will again.
    the x factor.
    In this particular race, the polling shows you to be wrong.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #149
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So once again, you're arguments are complete folly.

    The nuclear war won't just kill millions and millions of Chinese citizens. It will kill most chinese citizens, and most American citizens. It will turn both countries into unhabitable barren radioactive wastelands.

    And so the question is. After all that what does China gain?

    And there is, the fundemental flaw in your terribly thought out argument.

    Fear is strong in you.
    Fear, folly, fundamental flaw, etc, etc....Thats all you have to counter? Sad, really. Saying it is fear, folly, flaw is not much of an argument. Explaining why it is fear, folly, flaw is.

    Again, you don't understand terrorists or terrorism and before, I continue there is enough unaccounted for plutonium to make several bombs. Nuclear material is readily available from the former Soviet Union and from N. Korea. Period



    The bombers on 9/11 killed a couple of thousand people. That was not the successful part of the operation. The successful part was shutting down travel in this nation for a week and the economic disruptions. The cost since then can be counted in the billions. It is counted in the millions who changed their lives and were afraid to travel or visit possible target cities. The goal of a terrorist attack is to create terror. To cause a change. The actual number of deaths is merely a collateral effect....

  10. #150
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Fear, folly, fundamental flaw, etc, etc....Thats all you have to counter? Sad, really. Saying it is fear, folly, flaw is not much of an argument. Explaining why it is fear, folly, flaw is.

    Again, you don't understand terrorists or terrorism and before, I continue there is enough unaccounted for plutonium to make several bombs. Nuclear material is readily available from the former Soviet Union and from N. Korea. Period



    The bombers on 9/11 killed a couple of thousand people. That was not the successful part of the operation. The successful part was shutting down travel in this nation for a week and the economic disruptions. The cost since then can be counted in the billions. It is counted in the millions who changed their lives and were afraid to travel or visit possible target cities. The goal of a terrorist attack is to create terror. To cause a change. The actual number of deaths is merely a collateral effect....
    So basically you didn't prove me wrong.

    Instead of finding a way to prove me wrong about the assertion that niether the Chinese or America have anything to gain from a genocidal destructive nuclear war that would destroy both countries...

    You start talking about terrorism and other things that have nothing to do with the OP or your original point....

    Fantastic.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •