Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Baltimore and D.C. , now.

    But don't forget the motor city.......
    I think Detroit slipped in the ratings. Memphis was #1 in 2009.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    I know it may not be representative, but she comes from there so...but my point was: don't pay too much attention to these "terror alerts":
    A friend of mine told me that these terror alerts are very similar to the ones that occurrred 2 weeks prior to 9/11.

  3. #13
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    A friend of mine told me that these terror alerts are very similar to the ones that occurrred 2 weeks prior to 9/11.
    We have such "alerts" every week for 10 years, and no attack has occured in the USA since 2001 and in Europe since 2005...

  4. #14
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    We have such "alerts" every week for 10 years, and no attack has occured in the USA since 2001 and in Europe since 2005...
    Those terror alerts were based on a trustworthy intelligenece, arrests were already done of some 11 terror suspects in France that have carried quite the armory with them.
    The threat is real and the terrorists are planning a Mumbai-style attack in many different locations around Europe, including 5 known airports, the tour Eiffel site, and the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.
    I don't think that the terror threat was already removed but it can be said that due to the fact that it was taken seriously a ****loads of lives were saved.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Japan warns about terror in Europe; tourists chill

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Those terror alerts were based on a trustworthy intelligenece, arrests were already done of some 11 terror suspects in France that have carried quite the armory with them.
    The threat is real and the terrorists are planning a Mumbai-style attack in many different locations around Europe, including 5 known airports, the tour Eiffel site, and the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.
    I don't think that the terror threat was already removed but it can be said that due to the fact that it was taken seriously a ****loads of lives were saved.
    This is what I've heard, as well, that this was to be a very large action at multiple sites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •