No end in sight to Pakistan-NATO supply standoff - Yahoo! News
1. Al Qaeda was caught plotting multiple Mumbai's across the EU, terror alerts have been raised, Americans traveling abroad warned.Pakistan kept a vital border crossing closed to U.S. and NATO supply trucks for a third day Saturday, a sign that Islamabad's desire to avoid a domestic backlash over a NATO incursion that killed three Pakistani troops is — for now — outweighing its desire to stay on good terms with America.
Two U.S. missile strikes that killed 16 people in a northwest Pakistani tribal region, meanwhile, showed that America has no intention of sidelining a tactic it considers highly successful, even if it could add to tensions.
2. Oblivious Obama's response was to increase drone attacks across the Pakistan border.
3. Our Pakistani "partners," exposed by Wikileaks as total sellouts, react righteously to US assaults on their soil by closing the Khyber Pass to supply, threatening the US Army in Afghanistan with being cut off.
4. In three separate attacks in the last 2 days, enemy fighters have torched FIFTY gasoline tanker trucks.
5. How much time do we have, when was it, to stabilize the Karzai hold so as to begin the transition to draw down, all conditions based, of course, per the deadline?
6. We better hurry up if we want to win.
7. Which, how can you win when your clueless Commander in Chief's heart isn't in it?
8. When his strategy sessions are dominated by political concerns?
9. When obnoxioius Obama can't afford to lose the entire democratic party?
10. When your own national security team does not believe we can succeed?
11. Did you read the widely played excerpts from WOODWARD'S book?
12. Why do YOU refuse to look at these things?
13. Is it that you think they are small, insignificant, of scant concern?
14. Is it that you consider these dire developments SPIN?
15. Well, they're not.
16. They're horribly, tragically real.
17. This president, according to the Watergate wonderboy, has ESCALATED our presence in Afghanistan, OBAMA'S WAR, only because he CAMPAIGNED so hard on this right war.
18. Which we all always knew.
19. Woodward, however, is imprimatur.
20. Still not embarrassed?
21. No sense of shame at being so easily and egregiously misled?
22. Oh, well, party on.
A portrait of Barack Obama, by the book - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com
Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war