Exclusive: Gibbs eyed for DNC chair - Mike Allen and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com
1. It is apparent that the White House is behind this attempt to place the put-out press secretary in the DNC.Democratic insiders are taking the temperature of some top party donors about the possibility of naming White House press secretary Robert Gibbs as chairman of the Democratic National Committee heading into President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012, senior officials tell POLITICO.
2. Far from signalling the change the caucus is demanding from leadership, this move indicates a doubling down, a REACHOUT by the administration to control even more firmly the comprehensive machinery of the party.
3. Observers closely watched to see what inner workings would transpire after the exit of Rahm.
4. The promotion of Rouse to Chief of Staff equally shows stubborn Barry digging in those determined heels.
5. Truth is, he's too insecure to allow in an outsider, he'd feel threatened.
6. This intransigency on the part of the administration is causing the caucus increasing consternation.
Capitol Hill worries Rahm Emanuel's exit changes little - Carol E. Lee and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com
7. Obama knows best, Obama doesn't need to listen, reality and the membership and the American people be damned.
8. Dems who OPPOSED the obnoxious one on the floor are doing much better in their reelections than their more craven counterparts who cooperated.
For Democratic Candidates, Backing Obama Exacts a Cost - WSJ.com
9. The MEANING is clear---the caucus returned after November is gonna look around and see that those of them who said YES to Obama are gone, while those who voted NO survived.
10. What will that foretell?
11. Of course, anticipating multiple moves ahead is completely beyond the capacity of the oblivious one who knows best.
12. Last week Gibbs, the wannabe DNC, was confronted by the press corps for TWELVE MINUTES AND TWENTY TWO SECONDS uninterrupted, pestering the press spokesperson about how leadership could possibly try to blame the PARTY OF NO for leadership's PUNT on the Bush tax cuts.
RealClearPolitics - Video - Press Batters Gibbs Over Blaming GOP For No Tax Cuts
13. A fascinating and very revealing video.
14. The questioners, notably, who remained calm and professional despite their obvious disbelief in the wannabe DNC's obfuscations, were---CHUCK TODD of MSNBC, JAKE TAPPER from ABC, CBS White House correspondent CHIP REID, and invisible Mara Liason from NPR.
15. CHANGE, screams the caucus increasingly.
16. MORE, answers the grasping, insecure president.
17. It's getting awfully lonely at the top.
18. What's most odd is oblivious Obama doesn't seem to know it.
19. Is Gibbs gonna DRUG TEST his professionals leftists?
Robert Gibbs says leftwing critics of Obama 'ought to be drug tested' | Richard Adams | World news | guardian.co.uk
20. The party's getting kinda sparse, progressives, no?