Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

  1. #61
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    He generally mocks Democrats and "liberals" for saying or doing stupid things that anyone would mock them for, while with Republicans and conservatives he mocks them for being who they are. I watch Stewart, enjoy the show, and sometimes I agree with him, but I also recognize that he is always lopsided in who he goes after and why.
    Never said he was equal. Nor does he have any requirement to be so. And, my point with j is a different one, concerning Sanchez, who he mocked long before this, and repeatedly.

    Also, you might notice more than a few of the republicans equally deserved mocked, as anyone would mock such silliness. The humor is in exactly how much those he shows derseve the mocking they are getting. he could do more liberals, and isn't equal, but unless you're arguing republicans are silly and derserving of being mock, that's who they are, he is not mocking them for who they are, but that those he mocks did things derserving of being mocked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No I just watch every night....You're right I don't own the life size poster like you.


    j-mac
    If you have, then you know his mocking Sanchez isn't new. If you don't know this, I doubt you watch him as often as you say you do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you have, then you know his mocking Sanchez isn't new. If you don't know this, I doubt you watch him as often as you say you do.
    Oh I know he has mocked Sanchez before, that is not the issue. I said that Sanchez's rant stung Stewart for him to devote the opening segment to him considering the rest of the world has moved on already....See, the dirty little secret here, is that no one really cares what liberal networks do, or what their anchors say because they have such a meager following.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh I know he has mocked Sanchez before, that is not the issue. I said that Sanchez's rant stung Stewart for him to devote the opening segment to him considering the rest of the world has moved on already....See, the dirty little secret here, is that no one really cares what liberal networks do, or what their anchors say because they have such a meager following.


    j-mac
    That's silly. His next show was Monday. His mock of Sanchez a show staple. The soonest he could have done it was Monday, so moving on is hardly relevent. You miss a lot j.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #65
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's silly. His next show was Monday. His mock of Sanchez a show staple. The soonest he could have done it was Monday, so moving on is hardly relevent. You miss a lot j.
    doubt it....But you are free to have your own opinion as foolish as it seems.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #66
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    doubt it....But you are free to have your own opinion as foolish as it seems.


    j-mac
    Well, we're both free to do that. But as this happened after his taping on Thursday, and he didn't have another show until Monday, I don't see your point at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, we're both free to do that. But as this happened after his taping on Thursday, and he didn't have another show until Monday, I don't see your point at all.
    Nothing else happened between thursday, and monday that would be more relevant, have more legs than Sanchez? Nah, this was personal.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nothing else happened between thursday, and monday that would be more relevant, have more legs than Sanchez? Nah, this was personal.

    j-mac
    Sanchez calls Stewart a biggot, and you say Stewart was personal?

    When did it happen? Again, Stewart does have a show on the air from Thursday until monday. Sanchez was fired friday.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #69
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Never said he was equal. Nor does he have any requirement to be so. And, my point with j is a different one, concerning Sanchez, who he mocked long before this, and repeatedly.

    Also, you might notice more than a few of the republicans equally deserved mocked, as anyone would mock such silliness. The humor is in exactly how much those he shows derseve the mocking they are getting. he could do more liberals, and isn't equal, but unless you're arguing republicans are silly and derserving of being mock, that's who they are, he is not mocking them for who they are, but that those he mocks did things derserving of being mocked.
    It is not always that they did something deserving of being mocked, at least, not things that can be universally agreed are deserving of mockery. I am sure given his political persuasion that he thinks certain people deserve to be mocked for what they believe, but that is not the same thing as actually deserving it.

    Also, I think it is a decent point his show not being balanced. He tries to hide behind the specter of it being comedy, but usually about half of the episode is real political discussion not comedy.

    One thing that annoys me is Jon Stewart seems to think he can have it both ways. That he can deflect criticism of his show by saying he is a comedian, but then be taken seriously whenever he wants to be taken seriously.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,355

    Re: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    It is not always that they did something deserving of being mocked, at least, not things that can be universally agreed are deserving of mockery. I am sure given his political persuasion that he thinks certain people deserve to be mocked for what they believe, but that is not the same thing as actually deserving it.

    Also, I think it is a decent point his show not being balanced. He tries to hide behind the specter of it being comedy, but usually about half of the episode is real political discussion not comedy.

    One thing that annoys me is Jon Stewart seems to think he can have it both ways. That he can deflect criticism of his show by saying he is a comedian, but then be taken seriously whenever he wants to be taken seriously.
    There is a long history of comedy through satire. It is true that many of those may be liberal so of course they poke fun at conservatives. The same is true of Bill Maher on HBO and Saturday Night Live.

    Depending on your politics of course it is easy really funny or maddening. But lets not go down the road that Stewart is unique in doing this. Sanchez was a great topic, because here you have a guy on what used to be the major cable network who made an idiot of himself a number of times.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •