Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 471

Thread: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Only one poster brought it up. He hardly represents right-wingers.
    One says it, many think it.

    Of course, if you weren't some sort of sympathizer, I doubt you'd even look to defend them.

  2. #52
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    One says it, many think it.

    Of course, if you weren't some sort of sympathizer, I doubt you'd even look to defend them.
    Same can be said about what people on the left say as well.

    And I am not any type of sympathizer. Fact of the matter is I disagree with him 100%. In fact I found what he said to be very insulting considering my best friend committed suicide. That doesn't mean that I won't defend more of the reasonable people who lean right that posted in this thread.

  3. #53
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    One says it, many think it.

    Of course, if you weren't some sort of sympathizer, I doubt you'd even look to defend them.
    Right-handed guy: "We should jail all left-handed people"
    Leftie: "That might be dumb, but you have the right to say it. Moreover, I'm not going to be stupid and attribute your opinions to all right-handed people."

    Does that mean that the leftie is a "leftie-hater sympathizer," or just that he's a reasonable person?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #54
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    The sort of creepy things right-wingers say about Darwinism make me wonder if they really are Nazis in disguise.
    *To the Tune of the Transformers theme song*
    Right-wingers: NAZIS IN DISGUISE!

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengale View Post
    *To the Tune of the Transformers theme song*
    Right-wingers: NAZIS IN DISGUISE!
    lol'd

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Right-handed guy: "We should jail all left-handed people"
    Leftie: "That might be dumb, but you have the right to say it. Moreover, I'm not going to be stupid and attribute your opinions to all right-handed people."

    Does that mean that the leftie is a "leftie-hater sympathizer," or just that he's a reasonable person?
    It means he's sort of a ****. I don't bother to stick up for cruel and nasty people, and I don't respect those who do.

  6. #56
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    It means he's sort of a ****. I don't bother to stick up for cruel and nasty people, and I don't respect those who do.
    No one has yet to stand up for what Apdst posted. What I stood up for was you generalizing about decent people who lean right just because Apdst said something.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    No one has yet to stand up for what Apdst posted. What I stood up for was you generalizing about decent people who lean right just because Apdst said something.
    It's the same thing as far as I'm concerned. He has no sympathy for suicides, I have no sympathy for him or his political category.

    That thing you said about sticking up for his right to speak especially irks me. It isn't worth the carbon footprint for me to exhale "hey, he has the right to say that," especially when nobody contested his free speech.

    This is sort of moot anyway, because I didn't say that his view represented the entire right wing, I said that what right-wingers say about Darwinism causes me to suspect them of Nazism. It's not like I haven't heard this sort of ignorant drivel before. Of course, there are some conservatives who don't have a Hitleresque view of evolution, but I find that they are generally few and far between.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Hey, we have the right to burn the holy books of other religions.... dont mess with us we can do what we want.
    What are you gonna do, try and KILL us over it?

  9. #59
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    It's the same thing as far as I'm concerned. He has no sympathy for suicides, I have no sympathy for him or his political category.
    Agreed.

    That thing you said about sticking up for his right to speak especially irks me. It isn't worth the carbon footprint for me to exhale "hey, he has the right to say that," especially when nobody contested his free speech.
    OK you misunderstood me. I wasn't sticking up for him, I was saying he doesn't represented the right wing and there have been those here who have stated the opposite.

  10. #60
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    No one has yet to stand up for what Apdst posted. What I stood up for was you generalizing about decent people who lean right just because Apdst said something.
    I'll defend him to a point. I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't have sympathy for them, but after someone commits suicide I just see them as a waste of time. I can sympathize and even empathize with them. Depression runs in my family, currently half of my immediate family is on meds for it right now and I have bouts of depression and have often been so depressed that suicide started seeming like a legitimate answer. But in my eyes if you take that final leap and do the deed then you just wasted your life and you wasted a little bit of everyone else's life that was connected to you, cause now everyone has to pick up your broken pieces basically. So in that respect I don't have sympathy for them.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •