Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 471

Thread: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

  1. #411
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    So, I never said anything remotely like what you claim I did. Thanks for clearing that up.

    direct quote please of where i ever claimed you said anything.

    you see, two can play at your stupid little game.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 10-07-10 at 04:29 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #412
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,976

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    This is total BS. The suffering of gay and lesbian high school/college students is unique. If you're fat, you can lose weight. If you're a nerd, you can change the way you dress and start listening to cool music.
    I'm sorry, but are you saying what people find ENJOYABLE is something they can physically control and change?

    Would ACTING like you like different music, or dislike certain activities, or talk in a certain way when its not actually how you feel any different than ACTING like you like someone of the opposite sex?

    As to what kind of bullying is "worse". I think its really hard to determine. Location does play into it. Additionally, the ability of that individual to DEAL and adapt and react to the bullying ALSO greatly affects how intense or harsh it is.

    There was a thread once about bullying and name calling and such that a poster who is no longer with us was participating in and I shared a bit of personal history about myself, stating my honest belief of how much smaller...despite it bothering me at that time in my life...it must be compared to what she and other homosexuals experienced. In one of the kindest and most heart touching acts I've ever had online she quietly sent me a PM telling me that I should not degrade my own situation, that people who are treated wrongly should not judge each other as somehow "worse" or "better" in severity than the others but that they're equals and thanked me for sharing my story. Her words kind of stuck with me.

    Kids can be assholes, they can be jerks. They can be jerks because you're black, because you're fat, because you're short, because you're rich, because you're smart, because you speak funny, because you're a geek, because you're gay, because you're in band, because of who you're dating, because of your parents, because of x, y, or z. Rather than pointing fingers going "oh that group gets it so much worse than others", thus belittling the experiences and possible pain others have had, the thought should be more pointed on solutions in helping people to deal with those situations be it emotionally or in a more proactive way.

    There may be times when a kid is picked on far worse becasue he's gay than a kid that's just poor and akward, but there are undoubtably times when the opposite is true. Hell, in my fraternity at college we had one brother who was gay who rarely if ever got any ribbing done to him regarding his sexuality while we had a straight brother who was greatly metrosexual that I'd dare say got ten times the "gay" ribbing then the actual gay guy did.

    I think its completely overshooting the situation and attempting to try and make a political statement rather than deal with reality when we attempt to make out as if a particular group or situation is universally some kind of greater issue or problem.

  3. #413
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm going from what I experienced growing up with a gay brother and numerous gay friends. People routinely spray painted "fag" on our house and tormented him at school. I have a friend who was sent to rehabilitation camp against his will. Every gay friend I have can tell you stories about how society treats them. Do you have any gay friends? I don't mean that in an angry way, I'm just asking because if you have gay friends, you have to know the kind of things they go through.

    It's not that heterosexual people are immune to bullying. It's that what homosexuals go through is unique and we need to protect them. If you don't agree, that's fine, but you should at least see what's happening and not deny it. Do you guys have gay family members? Gay friends? How can you deny the hardships they face?


    They should bow up and protect themselves. I learned in high school that if you kick the living **** out of a bully, there's a high probability that he'll never pick on your again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #414
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    It's that what homosexuals go through is unique and we need to protect them.
    specific examples please of the "unique" harassment gays go thru.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #415
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,976

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Do you have any gay friends?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say...yeah, Jall probably has gay friends.

    Don't know if you realize or not but figure it may be useful for your responses, but Jall is homosexual.

  6. #416
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    direct quote please of where i ever claimed you said anything.
    Hm. Who exactly were you speaking to when you posted this:

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I am stating that it is not the "rampant" crisis you insist.


  7. #417
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What were you saying, then?
    If you never explain what you were saying, then you can never be proven wrong.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #418
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Hm. Who exactly were you speaking to when you posted this:




    ah...but I never claimed that you "said" anything. which is what you were whining about. your opinion is clear from your attitude and pretending to be insulted is simply dishonest.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #419
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What were you saying, then?
    That "homos are NOT rounded up by the police for having buttsecks;" it's homophobes that go after gay people, not police. Duh.

  10. #420
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    That "homos are NOT rounded up by the police for having buttsecks;" it's homophobes that go after gay people, not police. Duh.
    1) Jall said that gays are not rounded up for being gay (i.e. there is no systematic persecution by the state).

    2) You said that it wasn't the state, but that it was homophobes who did it. That clearly implies that you think there is systematic persecution by homophobes.

    3) Oscar said that there has not been systematic persecution of gays in this country.

    4) You pretended like you never said anything to the contrary.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •