Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 471

Thread: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

  1. #391
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I have known many kids that felt unsafe in school and/or stayed home to avoid bullying... and surprise, surprise...none of them were gay.


    point is, the harrassment and bullying suffered by GLBT is not "unique". most kids in school suffer abuse from their peers for one reason or another.
    This is total BS. The suffering of gay and lesbian high school/college students is unique. If you're fat, you can lose weight. If you're a nerd, you can change the way you dress and start listening to cool music. People who are bullied for being gay are in a unique situation: they can't help who they are and yet they are told by their peers that they are inherently wrong, that their lifestyle is unacceptable. Many of these people become disgusted with themselves and frustrated as society continues to ostracize them and treat them as second class citizens. Even having sex was illegal for homosexuals in most states until recent changes.

    The people you knew who were bullied probably were aware of the fact that they would grow up and the bullying would stop. Imagine what it would be like if you thought (correctly) that the bigotry you were facing would continue for the rest of your life and you were helpless to avoid it.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #392
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The people you knew who were bullied probably were aware of the fact that they would grow up and the bullying would stop. Imagine what it would be like if you thought (correctly) that the bigotry you were facing would continue for the rest of your life and you were helpless to avoid it.
    I got picked on by a particular bully for being short in 1st - 3rd grade. Now I'm 30, ain't growing anymore last I checked... and only 5' 6". OH NO!!! STILL SHORT! All the cute skinny blondies go for the 6'+ guys when I go out to the clubs. OH NO!... still continuing... can't change it... no way out... better just off myself.

    And yes, I really do think that killing yourself because you are gay/lesbian is just as silly, stupid, and selfish as my above hypothetical (comeon... you didn't really think I can't score the skinny blond cuties, did ya?).
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The people you knew who were bullied probably were aware of the fact that they would grow up and the bullying would stop.
    Teenagers don't think like this. Nice try, though.

  4. #394
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    I got picked on by a particular bully for being short in 1st - 3rd grade. Now I'm 30, ain't growing anymore last I checked... and only 5' 6". OH NO!!! STILL SHORT! All the cute skinny blondies go for the 6'+ guys when I go out to the clubs. OH NO!... still continuing... can't change it... no way out... better just off myself.

    And yes, I really do think that killing yourself because you are gay/lesbian is just as silly, stupid, and selfish as my above hypothetical (comeon... you didn't really think I can't score the skinny blond cuties, did ya?).
    Did your family disown you because you can't pick up skinny blondes? Did your father tell you that he's ashamed of you and wished you had never been born? Do people shout horribly mean things at you every time you're in public?

    There's a difference between not being at the top of the food chain and being at the bottom of it.
    A working class hero is something to be

  5. #395
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Did your family disown you because you can't pick up skinny blondes? Did your father tell you that he's ashamed of you and wished you had never been born? Do people shout horribly mean things at you every time you're in public?

    There's a difference between not being at the top of the food chain and being at the bottom of it.
    gays are hardly at the bottom of the food chain anymore, if they ever were. and you rarely hear people shouting horribly mean things at them in public (unless it's at a gay pride parade where the flamers are prancing around in assless pants and fellating each other) these days.

    As far as the family issues....that's just what they are family issues. It's not my fault some gay kid's daddy was a homophobic bigot. My father told me he was ashamed of me when I dropped out of college to join the military...I didn't run off and kill myself over it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #396
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Did your family disown you because you can't pick up skinny blondes? Did your father tell you that he's ashamed of you and wished you had never been born?
    Lots of people deal with family situations exactly like this for reasons that have nothing to do with being gay.

    Do people shout horribly mean things at you every time you're in public?
    I think this type of reaction is the exception, not the norm.

    There's a difference between not being at the top of the food chain and being at the bottom of it.
    In terms of lifetime "suffering" that someone can expect to face, I think it goes:

    Disabled > Very ugly > Very short > Minority > Very Poor > Gay
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    This is total BS. The suffering of gay and lesbian high school/college students is unique. If you're fat, you can lose weight. If you're a nerd, you can change the way you dress and start listening to cool music. People who are bullied for being gay are in a unique situation: they can't help who they are and yet they are told by their peers that they are inherently wrong, that their lifestyle is unacceptable. Many of these people become disgusted with themselves and frustrated as society continues to ostracize them and treat them as second class citizens. Even having sex was illegal for homosexuals in most states until recent changes.

    The people you knew who were bullied probably were aware of the fact that they would grow up and the bullying would stop. Imagine what it would be like if you thought (correctly) that the bigotry you were facing would continue for the rest of your life and you were helpless to avoid it.
    At 34, I can't recall gay people being treated the way you claim they are. I don't recall any time that homos were rounded up by the police for having buttsecks or that homos were truly ostracized.

    I think your response is more emotional than it is factual.

  8. #398
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    At 34, I can't recall gay people being treated the way you claim they are. I don't recall any time that homos were rounded up by the police for having buttsecks or that homos were truly ostracized.

    I think your response is more emotional than it is factual.
    I never recall seeing a sign on a diner or a water fountain stating "straights only"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #399
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    At 34, I can't recall gay people being treated the way you claim they are. I don't recall any time that homos were rounded up by the police for having buttsecks or that homos were truly ostracized.
    Not by the police, no.

  10. #400
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    boo ****ing hoo. we all know that there have been cases where gays have been beaten and killed because they are gay. just as there are cases where blacks were killed because they were black, whites were killed because they were white, blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum.

    gays are nothing special and deserve no special treatment. It is hard to take seriously cries for "equal rights" when the criers continually want "special treatment".

    either gays are the same as everyone else and thus deserve equal rights or they are not. you can't have it both ways.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •