Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 471

Thread: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

  1. #201
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Correlation, not causation. This supports nothing.
    No but it is enough to direct research, wouldn't you agree?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #202
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Didn't say that people could not have it. What I said is that you made an assumption based on YOUR bias without any evidence or information that substantiated it. And that's what made it irrelevant, as I said. It really is just that simple.
    What bias? I suggested a possible cause for this fellas suicide. I never said I was 100% sure, how would, or could I know?





    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #203
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Ah, I see, so people can't have internalized homophobia? It is what homophobia is, afterall. I know that NOW it means something else, but back when the term was coined it meant something quite different. Either way, I don't care that you don't care. It happens to be the truth, regardless of whether you think it is.


    Tim-
    Of course that is correct. I have a family member with 3 master degrees in psychotherapy, 2 in body language with over 30 years of private practice charging nearly 200 dollars an hour.

    He had clients who had this very problem. Dallas is home to one of the largest homosexual populations in the country and one of the highest if not the highest problem areas of homosexuals who abuse drugs. The problems they faced do range but he has had homosexual clients suffering from an array of mental problems from self loathing to fear of confronting the parents or dealing with abuse in their lives. So yes it does occur.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #204
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Sadly, the kids who perpetrated this can only face a maximum of 5 years in prison. I sincerely hope that this weighs heavily on their hearts for the rest of their lives. What they did was absolutely horrible. Time and time again, the ignorant never realize the possible repercussions before they do something like this.
    Who is supposed to expect someone to take their own life?

    It was a stupid prank yes. But blaming anyone else for one's own decision to kill themself is not acceptable. The responsibility rests with him and him alone.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #205
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No but it is enough to direct research, wouldn't you agree?


    Tim-
    Depends. Since there is no causational connection between homosexuality and mental illness, it might be a good idea to study why there is a correlation. I believe that the second link of texmaster's gives us some insight into some of those causes, and these tend to be external influences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #206
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I don't care about the "gay" issue. That's not what concerns me at all. It's the invasion of privacy, not just the victim's but his lover as well, and the fact that they put it on the internet for the whole world to see. They had no right to do that. Whether he was ****ing a guy or a girl makes not the least bit of difference to me. I don't know if this is the reason he killed himself, it might be, who knows? They still had NO right to do what they did and they deserve the 5 years in jail that are hopefully coming to them. Anyone does this to my kid and you can be damn sure I'm throwing the book at them. Period.
    So, then regardless of the suicide you think someone should get five years for posting a video of someone else without their consent?

    And people say DWI Punishments are bad.... this is absolutely ridiculous.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #207
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Of course that is correct. I have a family member with 3 master degrees in psychotherapy, 2 in body language with over 30 years of private practice charging nearly 200 dollars an hour.

    He had clients who had this very problem. Dallas is home to one of the largest homosexual populations in the country and one of the highest if not the highest problem areas of homosexuals who abuse drugs. The problems they faced do range but he has had homosexual clients suffering from an array of mental problems from self loathing to fear of confronting the parents or dealing with abuse in their lives. So yes it does occur.
    These issues that you mention would not be considered internalized homophobia.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #208
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What bias? I suggested a possible cause for this fellas suicide. I never said I was 100% sure, how would, or could I know?





    Tim-
    Tell us why you would have chosen THAT particular possibility.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #209
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Depends. Since there is no causational connection between homosexuality and mental illness, it might be a good idea to study why there is a correlation. I believe that the second link of texmaster's gives us some insight into some of those causes, and these tend to be external influences.
    No one said there was a causation. Only that there is data that simply, "being" homosexual, can lead to an increase in stress anxiety, depression, and various other forms of mental illness; not typical of the general population. Now, granted, external influences could be a problem for some, but the shere prevalance suggests something more at play. That's all the correlation indicates.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #210
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    These issues that you mention would not be considered internalized homophobia.
    Actually they would. Self loathing is a very common characteristic among homosexuals who are depressed.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •